Author Topic: Robinson Cano has two Home Runs in the first third of the season  (Read 470 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
But he's been an excellent player aside from that huge drop in home run count and slugging percentage, which was kind of expected anyways thanks to the stadium he plays in.

You concerned at all, Remedy?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:10:00 AM by Halu Sination »

MistaNova

Re: Robinson Cano has two Home Runs in the first third of the season
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »
The Yankees never should've let him go. The Yankees and their fans may say that "we didn't want to overpay" now but just wait until the team overpays for past their prime vets in the next few off-seasons.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »
It's definitely strange, but like you said he's still hitting very well in a pretty mediocre lineup. With some guys after signing that huge deal, you worry that they'd go out and try to do too much and he's obviously not doing that. As far as the Safeco thing, yeah it's harder to hit there but it's much easier on lefties. Overall I'm not worried about it, I'd obviously like to see more power but I think it'll come eventually.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »
he's putting up Ichiro numbers for a Ruthian contract.

not good but not discouraging yet.  If he doesn't have 15 home runs by the end of July then M's fans should be really worried.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »

Only he doesn't demand to hit leadoff despite being the best hitter, piss off teammates by playing for his own stats, and get treated differently in the organization cause of his relationship with Japanese management  :laugh:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:58 AM »

Only he doesn't demand to hit leadoff despite being the best hitter, piss off teammates by playing for his own stats, and get treated differently in the organization cause of his relationship with Japanese management  :laugh:

lol   well these are things that as a non-mariner fan i am not privy to  :D

nintendo dude still owns Seattle??

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »
Hrs are overrated...dude is hitting 330 with 72 hits and 31 rbis..if he had 2hrs and 10rbis then ppl should start worried ;)
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
Hrs are overrated...dude is hitting 330 with 72 hits and 31 rbis..if he had 2hrs and 10rbis then ppl should start worried ;)

Yeah, the fact that he's hitting well and almost on pace for 100 RBI's makes me worry a lot less, all you really want him to do is hit around his career numbers. Robby has never been a huge slugger but 20 hrs definitely isn't too much to expect.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
for 24 mill a year?? 

sorry, not being a dick here but if i pay 24 mill a year to someone they damn well better hit 20 home runs minimum

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »
for 24 mill a year?? 

sorry, not being a dick here but if i pay 24 mill a year to someone they damn well better hit 20 home runs minimum

In fairness, the 24 mill a year is overpaying even if he did hit 20 HR's lol.

He's still an excellent hitter, and between being an excellent hitter or keeping his power, I'd choose staying a good hitter 10/10 times.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:53:23 PM »
he got #5 today

almost half way into the season

best non signing ever