Author Topic: Talib Kweli Blasts White Privilege  (Read 113 times)

Bandida

Talib Kweli Blasts White Privilege
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.34526/title.talib-kweli-blasts-white-privilege-police-brutality-on-twitter

This is a subject I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about, but, if I am to respect Mr Don't Play Games, after irrationally n immaturely referencing the kkk in a previous account, I cannot mention the real n ever present struggles of his people...
But I can comment on white privilege, a privilege I have come to awareness of through my own life experience after being confronted with inequality n prejudice committed against people of other cultures that I know for a fact Most white ppl have no personal experience with....
We, whites, ignorantly accept these privileges and arrogantly refuse to acknowledge that they exist, instead preffering to believe that any practices considered institutionally racist are merely one offs that do not effect other cultures as significantly as they do...
We take our privilege for granted, having been educated, employed, encouraged and exposed to and by a biased, white mans construction of a society which is based solely on the abuseabuse, exploitation, appropriation and segregation of cultures who have been defamed, enslaved, ignored, persecuted, subject to incorrect albeit supposedly scientific positions of inferiority and primitiveness....
And unless there is a complete change in how we practice and acknowledge our supposed privilege, as in extend our understanding of culture, society and the obvious lack of integrity in the governing laws which allow us to hold onto ideals and practices which encourage the genocide and appropriation of lands, culture, natural recourse and instead attempt to acknowledge and compensate those who have been abused n exploited in the name of what is in harsh truth white supremecy....
If we all just accept these prejudices and inhumane practices, whilst expecting the same law which does not protect other cultures, to protect us, expecting restitution for crimes committed against us, while ignoring the continuation of a greedy n unjust n evil dominance over that which we have no true claim of inheritance, then we, the privileged white can only expect that these practices will be deemed acceptable by other cultures, continuing the cycycle of supremecy, leaving all open to ridicule and exploitation, with no remorse, as long as it is profitable....
Or, we could just bury our heads in the sand while quoting Darwin's theory of evolution while bitching about refugees n boat ppl, n the supposed flaws within other cultures, obnoxiously ignoring our ACTUAL hipocracy and the legacy and footprint we have left on the world....
Everything in this world is the effect of past actions, its called evolution, we adapt, we progress, we reap what we sow....
I wonder how Mary Mary quite contrary really made her garden grow???
Was it on stolen land???
Where did she get her silver bells and cockel shell???
Off lady gadiver????
Fuck it!!!!