Author Topic: Action Bronson disses Ghostface on ESPN show  (Read 1690 times)

J. B A N A N A S

Re: Action Bronson disses Ghostface on ESPN show
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »
Ghost summed it up perfectly - "Your fans are my fans". We are, originally, and though we listen to Bronson more recently since Tony aint doing it like he did back in the day there's no way we're gonna let disrespect slide. I love both rappers, but if I feel like one of my all time idols is being shit on I'm not gonna be happy.

Glad Action apologized though. Ghost might not have accepted it but as a fan I think he did the right thing.

The Predator

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »

::)

Action Bronson Should Think He’s The Best
July 21, 2015

WRITTEN BY CASSIDY KAKIN

In case you’ve been living under a rock, the latest “feud” to hit hip-hop beefdom is probably one of the longest overdue and most predictable. It’s BamBam vs. Ghostdini in the ultimate quest for New York, a positively brutal battle royale between one of the toughest dudes to ever break out of any burrough and the dope young buck with the meteoric rise; a showdown over who bit who and who said what, with the very status of the word “legend” on the line. Or, if I’m being perfectly honest and ignoring the media hype train: it’s a pretty boring, “pseudo-feud” where one combatant has already apologized and the other is at serious risk of looking like a crotchety old man. To be frank, the whole Action Bronson vs. Ghost Face Killah media hell storm is tabloid talk at best. But that doesn’t mean it didn’t get me thinking. And what I think, though it’s probably not popular and may put my life in jeopardy if I ever make it to another GFK show, is that Bronson was right to say what he said.

ICYMI: Here’s the original video of Action’s first so called “diss”

Let’s be clear: I DON’T think Action Bronson is a “better” MC than Ghost Face. I’ll admit that most days, I’d prefer 2015 Bam Bam over 2015 GFK, but even that opinion isn’t one I’d defend with much conviction: Bronsolino takes Ghost on flow and makes me laugh more, BadBadNotGood era Ghostface still shits on Bronson lyrically and makes me rewind more. Both MCs are dope, both put on for the City hard, and both have earned what respect they have garnered in the rap game. Most days I don’t even think to compare the two, beyond the too often noted similarities in cadence. But that’s because I’m not a rapper.

When you are a rapper like Action Bronson, you NEED to compare, and you NEED to think you are the best. Yes, hip-hop is a community; there’s room at the table for all of us to dine. But the Art of Rap? The foundation of the New York aesthetic that Bronsolino and Ghost Face both exude and brandish in their rhymes and image and being? The very reason why we even have conversations like this in the first place, and everyone is obsessed with “G.O.A.T.” lists? That’s competition. Even as hip-hop evolves into a global movement for change, there continues to be and always WILL be an element of competition and one-upmanship in this art form.

Ghost Face has been calling himself the Champ for years now. That’s just NYC.

That’s why Action Bronson was right to say he is rapping better than Ghost Face Killah, and why the next dude to blow up from NYC will probably say he is nicer than Bronson: if Bronson didn’t believe wholeheartedly that he was the best one doing it, then why do it at all? That’s the logic of the traditional New York Hip-Hop aesthetic. And as a rapper from New York, Bronson had BETTER think he’s the best damn thing to hit the mic in a minute. Otherwise he sure as hell couldn’t do New York hip-hop as well as he does, and we wouldn’t be having this discussion in the first place.

That’s why Action Bronson was right to say he is rapping better than Ghost Face Killah, and why there’s nothing wrong with what he said: Bronson SHOULD believe he is currently raping at a better level than Ghost. And again, I wouldn’t even argue all the time that Bam Bam is the better MC. That’s irrelevant. Bronson should think he is; should know he is, and believe he is, and write like he is the best. That’s the foundation of the traditional New York Hip-hop we know and love, and it’s what makes Bronsalino and Ghost Face both so dope at what they do. It’s the kind of mentality that helped Ghost Face and his Wu-Tang crew dominate their niche in their day. And it’s the same mentality that helped Bronson come up so fast.

Ghost Face “responded” with an odd rant. How about a new diss track, Ghost?

The details of this beef are already starting to annoy me, and it’s barely a week old. Action spoke from the heart, and never claimed he was better than GFK, just nicer now: a very humble boast for a rapper of Bronson’s hip-hop heritage. Then, Ghost Face put out a hilarious and terrifying “diss” video that didn’t do anything to prove Bronson wrong, and came off as more odd and desperate than deadly in my opinion. Then, Bronsons apologized. Now, apparently, Ghost isn’t accepting his apology. End of story, probably. This isn’t Nas and Jay, this is a very interesting or significant feud, and probably won’t enter the hip-hop history books.

Or, it could. Ghost could drop something “Ether” level still, and prove he still has the blade handy with a track that convinces us he is still the best shit from his neighborhood. Action Bronson could release a sophomore album that forces us to consider his more seriously name next to the New York greats he emulates. Best case scenario, this silly little “beef” pushes both artists to create more and create better. More likely, it’ll be a blip on both rappers’ careers and otherwise irrelevant in the larger scope of hip-hop history.

Taking all of that into consideration: Action Bronson was right to say what he said. It doesn’t matter if Mr. Wonderful is rapping at a higher level right now than Ghost Face: it matters that he thinks he is. You can talk about reverence for the greats as much as you like, and point to Ghost’s catalogue in his defense. Or you can point out that Bronsons never said he was BETTER than Ghost Face, just BETTER NOW, which is a pretty big distinction. We, as fans, can debate all of these things as much as we like. But as a rapper from NYC Bronson better not be debating it himself: he better be damn certain that he is the nicest, or he’ll never prove it to us.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:08 PM »
Say what u will, but those who think his comments wasn't a diss is delusional
'
it doesn't even matter....Oldface is 50 years old posting up videos online showing the maturity of a 13 year old  :-\

he pretty much shitted on bronson....and bronson apologized too. got g-checked and theres no way around it.

nah, Ghost previously said it was all peace and love but went back on his word once there wasn't any buzz about his album dropping after the smoke cleared the first time... all a fugazi act for the cameras and headlines, but it did result in a classic internet meme-esque video because of how he conducted himself

somebody out there had to have saved the tweets before they got taken down and not just Bronson's

i guess u didnt watch the video....ghost said it was all peace and love because he called up bronson, and bronson tweeted out an apology....then bronson deleted the tweets, and thats when ghost made this video.

i dont care what its for, bronson got checked....and thats a fellow jew sayin this, so take it to the bank.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »
bronson is a jew? 

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
bronson is a jew? 

yes remember we clowned elano for dickriding action bronson n hating on jews

Mr. Theo

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
Some people trying to diss Ghostface KillaH ? After ALL THIS?

People don't respect legends.....

A Bitch Move by Action Bronson

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

The Predator

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 09:24:55 AM »

Blood$

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:56 AM »
'
it doesn't even matter....Oldface is 50 years old posting up videos online showing the maturity of a 13 year old  :-\

he pretty much shitted on bronson....and bronson apologized too. got g-checked and theres no way around it.

nah, Ghost previously said it was all peace and love but went back on his word once there wasn't any buzz about his album dropping after the smoke cleared the first time... all a fugazi act for the cameras and headlines, but it did result in a classic internet meme-esque video because of how he conducted himself

somebody out there had to have saved the tweets before they got taken down and not just Bronson's

i guess u didnt watch the video....ghost said it was all peace and love because he called up bronson, and bronson tweeted out an apology....then bronson deleted the tweets, and thats when ghost made this video.

i dont care what its for, bronson got checked....and thats a fellow jew sayin this, so take it to the bank.

I'm the one who posted it, why wouldn't I have watched it? lol Ghostface is looking petty regardless of who deleted what tweet first, the fact remains that Ghost dissed him for doing that and he pulled the very same move himself and he's making himself look like an ass now

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 10:26:18 AM »
'

I'm the one who posted it, why wouldn't I have watched it? lol Ghostface is looking petty regardless of who deleted what tweet first, the fact remains that Ghost dissed him for doing that and he pulled the very same move himself and he's making himself look like an ass now

bro wtf are u talkin about....u dont always gota be a contrarian. bronson took a major L here and ur pretty much the only one not to acknowledge that.

Blood$

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
'

bro wtf are u talkin about....u dont always gota be a contrarian. bronson took a major L here and ur pretty much the only one not to acknowledge that.

he took an L for apologizing? and Ghost didn't by acting like an asshole and a hypocrite over a tweet? lol

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
'

he took an L for apologizing? and Ghost didn't by acting like an asshole and a hypocrite over a tweet? lol

he took an L the moment ghostface dropped this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Nx3xcDmJ9dE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Nx3xcDmJ9dE</a>

he took an L the moment he dropped his first rap soundin exactly like ghostface

he took an L the moment he had the nerve to disrespect the legend he took his entire style from, even when said legend kept it cool when he coulda done otherwise

he took an L the moment he apologized and then deleted the tweets

he took an ETHER the moment ghostface dropped the video checkin him

bronson did the right thing by apologizing, but he was still in the wrong for his actions, and thats the reason he had to apologize to begin with.....it's quite simple, bruh.

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
if that's the case, Ghostface took the L the moment this dropped

but he doesn't want dudes sounding like him though  :P

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »

like i said, ghostface gave him a pass. maybe bronson naturally sounds like him, who knows?.....doesnt mean bronson all of a sudden has the right to go on national tv and speak down on the legend. it's outta pocket, and theres no way around it. ghostface woulda had to be a buster to let that slide, and thats what i was sayin from the get, when u was on some "ghostface is cool wit that" nonsense.

imagine some1 took ur whole style and then had the nerve to talk u down when u aint never came at him sideways over it, even when u coulda....it's the ultimate disrespect. i duno how u dont see it..pretty much every1 else does.

Blood$

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

like i said, ghostface gave him a pass. maybe bronson naturally sounds like him, who knows?.....doesnt mean bronson all of a sudden has the right to go on national tv and speak down on the legend. it's outta pocket, and theres no way around it. ghostface woulda had to be a buster to let that slide, and thats what i was sayin from the get, when u was on some "ghostface is cool wit that" nonsense.

imagine some1 took ur whole style and then had the nerve to talk u down when u aint never came at him sideways over it, even when u coulda....it's the ultimate disrespect. i duno how u dont see it..pretty much every1 else does.

Ghost didn't take it as disrespect until social media ran with that but didn't give his new album the same attention lol why you think it took him so long to finally respond? he needs something to capitalize and stay relevant

if you ever truly listened to Bronson then you would know it's only the vocal tones that are similar, nothing about their flow/delivery/cadence and content is the same at all so to say that Bronson 'blew up' off emulating or biting Ghost is a stretch, and as said before rap is a competitive sport if Ghost wants to prove anything in 2015 it's simple: DROP BETTER MUSIC

8)

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »

Ghost didn't take it as disrespect until social media ran with that but didn't give his new album the same attention lol why you think it took him so long to finally respond? he needs something to capitalize and stay relevant

if you ever truly listened to Bronson then you would know it's only the vocal tones that are similar, nothing about their flow/delivery/cadence and content is the same at all so to say that Bronson 'blew up' off emulating or biting Ghost is a stretch, and as said before rap is a competitive sport if Ghost wants to prove anything in 2015 it's simple: DROP BETTER MUSIC

8)

bruh, u goin in circles, that shit was blatant disrespect, and ghost took it as disrespect off top, which is why he called bronson the moment he heard the comments......anyone who doesnt see it as disrespect is either deaf or dumb. now whether or not it's a promotional tactic is besides the point, because it was out of pocket either way.

btw ghostface drops good music consistently...from what i hear, bronson's debut didnt really meet expectations, so it aint like he killin the game right now. he's got a ways to go before he gets anywhere close to ghostface.