Author Topic: Anyone ever notice the sample  (Read 258 times)

Chef_YRD

Anyone ever notice the sample
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:53:38 PM »
Anyone ever notice that 2nd to none- Stragglaz was sampled on Danny Brown- Gametime ? It's an obvious sample but 2 under the radar dope songs by under appreciated acts...if you haven't heard the way the producer flips it id suggest checking it out...any other new school songs with old school westcoast samples you guys can think of?
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

dnjp4life

Re: Anyone ever notice the sample
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
I heard what I think was a YG song on the radio yesterday which sampled 'Let's Play House' by Tha Dogg Pound.  It might not have been a YG song but it was a DJ Mustard production for sure because it had his tag on it.

johnnie360

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
How about that LBC Crew song... Its sounds like it sampled Who Got Some Gangsta Shit... Can't remember the name.

Elko.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
Cool coincidence. I prefer the Danny Brown track over the 2nd II None beat for sure.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »
Well this isn't the correct place I guess but Danny brown has been my favorite new school artist since the hybrid he can really do very little wrong and his production is always A1...the 2nd to none beat will always have a special place in my heart tho oddly enough I believe the only song off of classic 220 not produced by quik...even tho it's old I'll always love how the mr champagne intermission by Dom Kennedy and how it samples something for the mood by quik

Also for a newer release RJ- bullshit is a good one too with the suga free-why you bullshittin sample
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:07:28 AM »
I heard what I think was a YG song on the radio yesterday which sampled 'Let's Play House' by Tha Dogg Pound.  It might not have been a YG song but it was a DJ Mustard production for sure because it had his tag on it.

Its a YG song.
Its called "Do It To Ya"

Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.