Author Topic: Dr Dre “inspired by the film” Soundtrack Dropping August 1st!  (Read 3837 times)

David Gutterman

Ice Cube Says Dr. Dre's NWA Album Drops August 1st, Talks Movie, Tour, Suge Knight & Police Violence

Around the 10 minute mark, Cube reveals that the soundtrack that Dr. Dre has created is an “inspired by the film” album which will release on August 1st in its entirety.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Dr Dre “inspired by the film” Soundtrack Dropping August 1st!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:34:13 AM »
wow.. this is big
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dnjp4life

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
So we can get our hands on this project this coming Saturday? Hyped  8)

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »
i'm guessing we get 3-4 new tracks and the rest will be classics

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:16:09 PM »
if thery gonna put 3-4 new tracks on that then they lazy as fuck, shit i mean they workin since 4-5 years on this movie atleast they can drop these detox production with nwa topic verses, speaking about verses, we all know who will be write them fuckin Crooked I... 8) 8) 8) 8)

soopa-man

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:23:50 PM »
Nipsey Hussle so far is the only confirmed writer and performer so far beyond eminem and Kendrick lamar, so far. It looked like xzibit and King tee were writing too along with john Conner earlier this year too.  Should be epic, well see

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »
The Brooklyn cat in the purple SW shirt was on another level  ;D

Couple of days till Dre's new record  :pimp:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:37:47 PM by The Predator »

Matty

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 01:47:26 PM »
because the D word seems to trigger people, NWA baby :monkey_dance2:

Matty

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
people who've heard it said there's a lot of soul, jazz, funk influence on the records 8)

seems like the beat in this trailer could be a good indicator of the type of vibe he's going for - mellow, soulful, west coast.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VeJCyLPSVVM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VeJCyLPSVVM</a>

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »
Loving the beats in the trailer, if he goes for this type of vibe, has some tight ghost written rhymes and mellow flow to match then this could be real tight and I might just forgive him for Cleetox.

Interesting thing is you can see how he's playing it safe with the whole "Inspired by..." aspect, all those plaques and acclaim and Dre is still the same old lacking confidence in his product dude. If its a hit he'll claim credit if it goes Aftermath album status he'll poke fun at it later on.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:45:51 PM by eyeball »

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »
'Dr.Dre inspired by the film' - or should we say; 'Dr.Dre inspired by film to pick NWA-inspired beats submitted by Scoop DeVille, DJ Mustard, Alex Da Kid, Eminem, AraabMuzik & Boy-1Da'..  :laugh: ::)

Hope I'm wrong though..

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
'Dr.Dre inspired by the film' - or should we say; 'Dr.Dre inspired by film to pick NWA-inspired beats submitted by Scoop DeVille, DJ Mustard, Alex Da Kid, Eminem, AraabMuzik & Boy-1Da'..  :laugh: ::)

Hope I'm wrong though..

the fuck outa here jome....if dre touches it, shit'll be dope.

if alex the kid, dj mustard, and all those fuckboys got together to drop a project, it wouldnt be half as good as it would with dre's genius behind it.

sick of these mufuckaz who know shit about the industry downtalking the goat because he's an actual producer and not just a beat-maker.

Matty

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 02:57:20 PM »
'Dr.Dre inspired by the film' - or should we say; 'Dr.Dre inspired by film to pick NWA-inspired beats submitted by Scoop DeVille, DJ Mustard, Alex Da Kid, Eminem, AraabMuzik & Boy-1Da'..  :laugh: ::)

Hope I'm wrong though..

the pessimism is warranted. years of detox instagrams have numbed the hearts of many a fan and made us all cold inside.

lets hope this is something to celebrate.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »
the fuck outa here jome....if dre touches it, shit'll be dope.

if alex the kid, dj mustard, and all those fuckboys got together to drop a project, it wouldnt be half as good as it would with dre's genius behind it.

sick of these mufuckaz who know shit about the industry downtalking the goat because he's an actual producer and not just a beat-maker.

Well, I'm probably one of the biggest Dre-nutriders in here, but the last years made me skeptical..  :laugh:
I miss the days when the tracks said produced by Dre/Storch, Dre/Mel-Man, Dre/Elizondo, I wouldn't mind Dre/Batson either..
But the last couple of years we've had to do with "Produced by some hot at the moment producer", mixed by Dr.Dre.. not that it's necessarily a bad thing as Dre is ace at mixing, but it's not the same imo..
As crisp as it might sound, it's been a while since I've heard a track that blows your mind like 2001, Restless, Documentary, GRODT, etc..

the pessimism is warranted. years of detox instagrams have numbed the hearts of many a fan and made us all cold inside.

lets hope this is something to celebrate.

Word.
I'd rather be skeptical and be positively surprised, than jack the expectation level up to the maximum, and be disappointed..
Seems like Dre is going all in though, so I'm buzzing for this..  8)

Matty

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »
Rolling Stone says sources say album is NOT coming on Saturday http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dr-dre-to-release-new-album-as-straight-outta-compton-soundtrack-20150729

so it might not be, or it might be a single with the whole thing coming next week. guess we'll see very shortly...