Author Topic: Dr Dre “inspired by the film” Soundtrack Dropping August 1st!  (Read 3846 times)

me1

Re: Dr Dre “inspired by the film” Soundtrack Dropping August 1st!
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2015, 06:02:21 AM »
There will be soundtrack. Xzibit is posting alot of pictures from Dre's studio lately with the hashtag #weabouttoshowyoubetterthanwecantellyou < long # but I think there will be something big. And X is on few track on there too, so yeah. Glad he made it.

Hope this pic means there is something with Xzibit, Dre and Hutch (187um) we will hear

http://xzibit.com/page/7/

(The July 24 post)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:38:35 AM by manny1 »

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2015, 07:16:27 AM »
I just figured out that when X says #CountdownToCompton he doesn't means on the movie he means on the album. And this song with Hutch is definitly coming out. :)
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

B.A.

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »
I honestly hope that the soundtrack sounds nothing like the youtube clips posted on here, not because the music isn't good, but because it would be great for Dr. Dre's new album but would be totally wrong and misleading when it's being marketed as "inspired by" the Straight Outta Compton movie and being it's soundtrack/album. What I mean by this is that none of the music captures the sound of the time that this movie is set in, to be "inspired by" I feel like it should capture the sound of the music that was coming out of N.W.A and Ruthless back then, it should capture the sound that later came from Death Row which made them blow the fuck up. Obviously it doesn't need to sound dated but it needs to have that type of feel if it is truly inspired by that time, other wise it's just new Dre music "inspired to finally but put out due to the crazy hype and anticipation of the N.W.A film". Here are some tracks, some newer some older, but they have the type of production that would fit the setting of the movie better than the clips of Dre's recent music. You tell me... what sounds closer to the music coming out of the era the Straight Outta Compton movie is set in? Like it or not, it is the time period the movie is set in, and it should capture that. Just my opinion though.... 8)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:25:13 AM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

andre

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:39 AM »

Tune in for everything you ever wanted to know about the upcoming release of #straightouttacompton #Detox the soundtrack #Compton and more! It’s #ThePharmacy on #Beats1 #aftermathstaff

FernandoWCR

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
Another song on this soundtrack according to Styles, who is still on the grounddown there in Burbank is a song called Detox that features Eminem and Xzibit.

me1

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
I just figured out that when X says #CountdownToCompton he doesn't means on the movie he means on the album. And this song with Hutch is definitly coming out. :)

Burying the hatchet with Dre is the best thing Hutch could be doing for himself right now. He'll get some long overdue exposure to a huge fan base. A group of fans that has no idea what the man has contributed to the West. Much better look for him than all the interviews discussing not getting proper due for the creation of G Funk, the Eve lawsuit, etc.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:01:43 AM by manny1 »

Matty

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »

Burying the hatchet with Dre is the best thing Hutch could be doing for himself right now. He'll get some long overdue exposure to a huge fan base. A group of fans that has no idea what the man has contributed to the West. Much better look for him than all the interviews discussing not getting proper due for the creation of G Funk, the Eve lawsuit, etc.

yeah that's likely the album name, just 'Compton'.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »
The Show just started so let's see what will be announced or played

andre

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »
The Show just started so let's see what will be announced or played

keep us updated :)

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
August 7th  8)
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

andre

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »
August 7th  8)

Yes sir! Compton: The Soundtrack drops August 7th on iTunes and Apple Music.

As for Detox it's scrapped because it was "not good enough for the fans."

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/compton-soundtrack-by-dr./id1025137696

damn.. you just made my day... this will be one of the only albums I will buy all year
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Bandida

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
Not buying....
I would have supported a soundtrack featuring em n Kendrick if it had unheard remixed NWA, cube, Yella, ren, dre, baby eazy e 3, lil eazy, omg, doughboy, Curtis hound, and then tributes or beef tracks with snoop n others affiliated with the scene n times....
But the music industry caters to 15 yr olds, not 30-40 something's who been down since the 80's....

me1

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2015, 05:41:25 PM »
All those clips are dope

Interesting, in the youtube comments section of the last one (the HP Beats commercial with Stat Quo in the booth) some dude posted 5 days ago saying that song plays while credits are rolling during the new movie.

good find! 8)

Looking like that YouTube post about the HP commercial beat was legit. Track 16: Talking To My Diary