Author Topic: Drake - "Back To Back" (Meek Mill Diss)  (Read 2257 times)

CORREA

Re: Drake - "Back To Back" (Meek Mill Diss)
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
Speaking on guns and street shit don't make you real hip-hop, or have hip-hop heads like you. Meek is weak as a rapper in general. He's not that smart as shown by this battle, and his fan base is too small to battle someone like Drake and his 30 million little girls who follow him. There are only a few rappers with the capital to battle Drake, I'd say two. J. Cole and Kendrick are the only two I think could battle Drake and have enough "Real Hip-Hop" cred to have the hip-hop heads on their side. Everyone else, their arms are too short to box with God. Drake in the grand scheme of things is not a top 25 rapper, and if the ghostwriting allegation is true, he'll never be mentioned in the list with the greats. But, he's got a HUGE following and you should attack with extreme caution or you'll get your career ended.

Before you can go to war with the US, you better load up your arsenal. Drake was in a tank (his fan base), Meek was throwing rocks. Not going to do it. The only way you can hang with a bigger rapper is if that rapper attacks you (make them swing down instead of you swinging up) because it makes them look small. But Drake is too smart for that.

naah some1 wit actual skill like tech n9ne could destroy drake in a battle, wit or witout the same following.

Lyrically I'd agree wholeheartedly. But in today's game with social media and the memes, and all of that, Drake will be unfazed and everyone will claim Drake the winner anyways. Plus Tech would rather get Drake on a hook than battle him.

Tech does have his army of Technicians though that would probably do equivalent damage on social media to Drake as his stans are to Meek lol plus Tech has as much $ as Drake does

true but i dont think drake will even entertain a beef with tech he chooses his battles and know who to fuck with and who not cockroach man was a easy target and thats why u see drake cocky note drake wasn't like this when the Kendrick thing happen once you take away the loud mouth trash from  cockroach man its over

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »
Speaking on guns and street shit don't make you real hip-hop, or have hip-hop heads like you. Meek is weak as a rapper in general. He's not that smart as shown by this battle, and his fan base is too small to battle someone like Drake and his 30 million little girls who follow him. There are only a few rappers with the capital to battle Drake, I'd say two. J. Cole and Kendrick are the only two I think could battle Drake and have enough "Real Hip-Hop" cred to have the hip-hop heads on their side. Everyone else, their arms are too short to box with God. Drake in the grand scheme of things is not a top 25 rapper, and if the ghostwriting allegation is true, he'll never be mentioned in the list with the greats. But, he's got a HUGE following and you should attack with extreme caution or you'll get your career ended.

Before you can go to war with the US, you better load up your arsenal. Drake was in a tank (his fan base), Meek was throwing rocks. Not going to do it. The only way you can hang with a bigger rapper is if that rapper attacks you (make them swing down instead of you swinging up) because it makes them look small. But Drake is too smart for that.

naah some1 wit actual skill like tech n9ne could destroy drake in a battle, wit or witout the same following.

in today's game with social media and the memes, and all of that, Drake will be unfazed and everyone will claim Drake the winner anyways.

bullshit

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »
Drake's groupies and the internet went in on Meek more than Drake did on wax... and I was just in the barbershop the other day where majority were sided with Meek, but you know that's just reality and the internet dictates all nowadays

I've heard far more people clowning Meek because of the memes than people actually saying "yo Drake went in on him"

bruh...back 2 back is a club banger now. meek cant even go clubbing no more lmao.

seriously, i duno what u talkin bout...every1 n they mama was praisin drake for goin in on meek. celebrities, athletes, sponsors...seriously. mad quotables in that diss, and thats comin from some1 who thinks drake is a queer, so im callin it like i see it foreal.

i can tell u a meek fan tho....lol

celebrities and sponsors are getting a nice check from OVO for pushing the diss, don't believe all the hype... and those "quotable" are attributed to either Quentin Miller or someone else who helped Drake out lol the fact Drake is going so hard on Meek shows that he/his camp got shaken up and see him as a credible threat

I fuck with Meek but not as much as you might think, he has plenty of music I don't fuck with but his new album shits on anything Drake has ever released  8)

Whether he wrote it or not is a whole nother story .. At the end of the day, meek took a huge L n prolly wishes he woulda never opened his mouth right about now

it's not the end of the day though, Meek's second response is coming... he's just sitting back waiting for the perfect timing lol "Ether" didn't come out until months after "Takeover" and "Hit Em Up" took over a year to surface  ;)

oh no doubt, the problem with meek is that he was overhyping the diss like a mufucka, actin like he bout to end drake's career, announced it like 3 times before it asctually dropped...wit hitemup and ether, they jus dropped outa nowhere, no announcement and hype needed. so now, meek still can regain form by hittin us wit somethin hard outa left field....but i'm speakin as of now.

Bandida

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Are you all like 15 or what???
This is like two school girls fighting over a skipping rope compared to PAC n Biggie's beef!!!!
I'm just tripping that anyone thinks this is worthy of a mention.....
You got an rnb singer going up against a mediocre rapper n the majority of their fanbase has a curfew!!!

I think its time you boys put this beef to bed....

Make sure ya tuck it in nice n tight!

Blood$

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
This is like two school girls fighting over a skipping rope compared to PAC n Biggie's beef!!!!
You got an rnb singer going up against a mediocre rapper n the majority of their fanbase has a curfew!!!

it's a weak battle overall but it raises interesting points thus causing a discussion, why you mad though?

Bandida

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »

it's a weak battle overall but it raises interesting points thus causing a discussion, why you mad though?

Cos its weak, n I don't see it worthy of second listen, either track, sure I could debate the relevance of about 4-5 bars but seriously, overall ya got two weak school yard rhymes n its the fucking big leagues....
I preffered it in the 90's when beef was lyrical assanination compared to now, when its one pretentious barb after another....

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »

Lyrically I'd agree wholeheartedly. But in today's game with social media and the memes, and all of that, Drake will be unfazed and everyone will claim Drake the winner anyways. Plus Tech would rather get Drake on a hook than battle him.

Tech does have his army of Technicians though that would probably do equivalent damage on social media to Drake as his stans are to Meek lol plus Tech has as much $ as Drake does

true but i dont think drake will even entertain a beef with tech he chooses his battles and know who to fuck with and who not cockroach man was a easy target and thats why u see drake cocky note drake wasn't like this when the Kendrick thing happen once you take away the loud mouth trash from  cockroach man its over

Yeah, Drake spent the end of 2013 talking mess in interviews about Kendrick, but never had just one good diss. A couple of subliminal disses, but Kendrick replied with his own little subliminal disses and Drake just backed off. He knows who to go at. He wouldn't attack Tech, Tech has a 20 year career.

in today's game with social media and the memes, and all of that, Drake will be unfazed and everyone will claim Drake the winner anyways.

bullshit

This dude just got exposed for using ghostwriter and no one cares. Hell, 5 years ago that's career death. Now, no one cares if Drake has a ghostwriter. Basically, Drake is at a point that the public supports him no matter what. And he gots an army of millions of girls ready to make memes, he seriously killed Meek with a power point. The same shit teachers use to put students to sleep, Drake used to kill Meeks career. Sadly, the rules have changed.

Cos its weak, n I don't see it worthy of second listen, either track, sure I could debate the relevance of about 4-5 bars but seriously, overall ya got two weak school yard rhymes n its the fucking big leagues....
I preffered it in the 90's when beef was lyrical assanination compared to now, when its one pretentious barb after another....

It ain't the 90's no more. I was a teenager then, and it was great. But sometimes you have to move on. Right now hip-hop is missing real men. Before rappers maybe younger then, but they manned up and handled shit. Now, these rappers are soft, and the whole game is soft. But it's a reflection of society, this generation is just softer in general. It is what it is.

Bandida

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 11:42:09 PM »
Agreed!!!
But I don't wanna be one of them that starts saying " back in my day "" oh the kids of today "......
Damn, sposed I'll just have to keep listening to my old CDs....

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »

Yeah, Drake spent the end of 2013 talking mess in interviews about Kendrick, but never had just one good diss. A couple of subliminal disses, but Kendrick replied with his own little subliminal disses and Drake just backed off. He knows who to go at. He wouldn't attack Tech, Tech has a 20 year career.

bullshit

This dude just got exposed for using ghostwriter and no one cares. Hell, 5 years ago that's career death. Now, no one cares if Drake has a ghostwriter. Basically, Drake is at a point that the public supports him no matter what. And he gots an army of millions of girls ready to make memes, he seriously killed Meek with a power point. The same shit teachers use to put students to sleep, Drake used to kill Meeks career. Sadly, the rules have changed.

It ain't the 90's no more. I was a teenager then, and it was great. But sometimes you have to move on. Right now hip-hop is missing real men. Before rappers maybe younger then, but they manned up and handled shit. Now, these rappers are soft, and the whole game is soft. But it's a reflection of society, this generation is just softer in general. It is what it is.

dude no one ever gave a fuck about ghostwriters, and meek was mistaking when he thought they did....some of the biggest legends in hip-hop (eazy-e, snoop, etc) have been known to use ghostwriters...half of the rap songs u hear are ghostwritten. it's not a game-changer n no one gives a shit. tech n9ne has a legit skill-set and a supportive fan base who would shit all over drake and his fans. meek mill fans were big sean fans a week ago...they not loyal, they hop onto whatever hot rapper comes out next. on top of that, meek lacks skill to begin with. drake is actually more talented than meek mill, and drake is an industry plant lolsmh....but despit drake bein a soft female singer, when he put out "charged up", no one gave a fuck, cuz it was average at best. when back 2 back came out, u can tell off the bat that he was passionate bout the shit and was literally goin for the jugular...he was comin at meek wit a vengeance, and meek had nothin to say to that shit..."trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers" and now every1 callin meek twitter fingers. he went at him. it's not ether, it's not hitemup, and it's not no vaseline....but for drake of all people to come out swingin like that, it was definitely impressive for what it was, and when meek had nothin to say in his overhyped response, THAT was what sealed it....the memes were just a result of that, but every1 who was actually followin the beef and waitin for meek to drop his overhype shit when flex kept pump-faking knows that had meek dropped a hot diss record, drake would not be gettin all the hype he is right now..........i feel weird even followin this beef, but it's pretty much the biggest thing in hip-hop right now, so i was tryna see whats good (usually id just look away and not even pay attention), but i gained respect for drake and lost the little i had for meek. still wouldnt listen to neither of them, but if drake or meek drop another diss, ill listen wit an open mind. if meek can come wit a hot record, i'll be just as quick to tell it like it is. apparently drake got one he's sittin on called "threepeat"

Blood$

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 06:00:47 AM »
Meek's main point from the jump though was simply don't compare him to a dude like Drake since he doesn't write his own raps... Drake is comparable to guys like Kanye and Diddy where as you can compare Meek to J. Cole or Kendrick (even if they're obviously better) since they are their own artist

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »

bullshit

dude no one ever gave a fuck about ghostwriters, and meek was mistaking when he thought they did....some of the biggest legends in hip-hop (eazy-e, snoop, etc) have been known to use ghostwriters...half of the rap songs u hear are ghostwritten. it's not a game-changer n no one gives a shit. tech n9ne has a legit skill-set and a supportive fan base who would shit all over drake and his fans. meek mill fans were big sean fans a week ago...they not loyal, they hop onto whatever hot rapper comes out next. on top of that, meek lacks skill to begin with. drake is actually more talented than meek mill, and drake is an industry plant lolsmh....but despit drake bein a soft female singer, when he put out "charged up", no one gave a fuck, cuz it was average at best. when back 2 back came out, u can tell off the bat that he was passionate bout the shit and was literally goin for the jugular...he was comin at meek wit a vengeance, and meek had nothin to say to that shit..."trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers" and now every1 callin meek twitter fingers. he went at him. it's not ether, it's not hitemup, and it's not no vaseline....but for drake of all people to come out swingin like that, it was definitely impressive for what it was, and when meek had nothin to say in his overhyped response, THAT was what sealed it....the memes were just a result of that, but every1 who was actually followin the beef and waitin for meek to drop his overhype shit when flex kept pump-faking knows that had meek dropped a hot diss record, drake would not be gettin all the hype he is right now..........i feel weird even followin this beef, but it's pretty much the biggest thing in hip-hop right now, so i was tryna see whats good (usually id just look away and not even pay attention), but i gained respect for drake and lost the little i had for meek. still wouldnt listen to neither of them, but if drake or meek drop another diss, ill listen wit an open mind. if meek can come wit a hot record, i'll be just as quick to tell it like it is. apparently drake got one he's sittin on called "threepeat"

I think the point your missing with ghostwriters is the status of the rapper with ghostwriters. Producers and CEO's of labels usually get a pass on ghostwriters. Eazy E owned NWA, and he even said on 8 Ball that Ice Cube writes the rhymes that I say. Puffy talks about, don't worry if I write rhymes, I write checks. Everyone knows DOC ghostwrote all of Dre's lyrics on the Chronic, and Kanye does not shy away from having ghostwriters. Snoop has talked in lengths about how in his younger days, him and the Dogg Pound would all write each others lyrics and Snoop would write a verse, and Kurupt would tell him to switch it up like this, or Snoop would tell Daz to talk about that. I personally don't mind Drake having a ghostwriter myself. To me, he's a pop singer who just happens to rap sometimes. But he tries to pass himself as a true MC, and 10-15 years ago, had it came out he used ghostwriters he'd be shitted out the game. But today's a different era.

As for Tech vs. Drake, it's never happening, why are we talking about it? Tech would never diss Drake, and Drake knows not to diss Tech. You think Drake is a fool. He never responded to Kendrick. He barely responded to Common, and that's because he caught feeling over Serena Williams. But he was quick to respond to Meek, as Meek is not a great rapper, or a lyricist. Drake knew that and went in. But let's not get it twisted, in 2013 after Control, I was about to write an editorial for DubCNN to Kendrick NOT to got to war with Drake, for one reason and one reason only, Drake's fans are over-obsessed girls who are blindly loyal to him and push social media to make the rest of the Hip-Hop world think that Drake won a battle even though he lost. Case in point, Common. They really made Common sound like he was the jealous one, when Sweet wasn't about Drake at all and Drake caught feelings because he was with Serena Williams at the time and Serena was on the news talking about how great of a guy Common was, and Common was her ex. Drake caught feeling and released Stay Schemin' remix and dissed Common and Vanessa Bryant for some reason, and his fans called it a win. Common responded way harder, but Drake's fans already swayed public perception.

Drake has an army of young girls on his side that no other rapper has. He's been in the game 5 years now, for Hip-Hop, that's a LONG time, and his fan base stays loyal to him. Straight up, Drake is the King of the soft dudes out there. And his fans love him for that.

So yeah. But now, in the aftermath of Ferguson and all the events the last year, I really think Kendrick and J. Cole have built up a large fan base that can rival Drake's. And it's one of the reason Drake is getting real friendly about Kendrick when 2 years ago he was talking about how he ain't his friend no more... LOL. Seriously, listen to Drake about Kendrick after Control, he sounded like a teenage girl who got dumped... LOL

Meek's main point from the jump though was simply don't compare him to a dude like Drake since he doesn't write his own raps... Drake is comparable to guys like Kanye and Diddy where as you can compare Meek to J. Cole or Kendrick (even if they're obviously better) since they are their own artist

Meek's main point is he got butt hurt over RICO and thought Drake was commenting on his girl, who everyone thought Drake was hitting anyways.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »

he tried to do too much tho..he thought he was ending drake's career when he was really closer to ending his own

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »

bullshit

I think the point your missing with ghostwriters is the status of the rapper with ghostwriters. Producers and CEO's of labels usually get a pass on ghostwriters. Eazy E owned NWA, and he even said on 8 Ball that Ice Cube writes the rhymes that I say. Puffy talks about, don't worry if I write rhymes, I write checks. Everyone knows DOC ghostwrote all of Dre's lyrics on the Chronic, and Kanye does not shy away from having ghostwriters. Snoop has talked in lengths about how in his younger days, him and the Dogg Pound would all write each others lyrics and Snoop would write a verse, and Kurupt would tell him to switch it up like this, or Snoop would tell Daz to talk about that. I personally don't mind Drake having a ghostwriter myself. To me, he's a pop singer who just happens to rap sometimes. But he tries to pass himself as a true MC, and 10-15 years ago, had it came out he used ghostwriters he'd be shitted out the game. But today's a different era.

As for Tech vs. Drake, it's never happening, why are we talking about it? Tech would never diss Drake, and Drake knows not to diss Tech. You think Drake is a fool. He never responded to Kendrick. He barely responded to Common, and that's because he caught feeling over Serena Williams. But he was quick to respond to Meek, as Meek is not a great rapper, or a lyricist. Drake knew that and went in. But let's not get it twisted, in 2013 after Control, I was about to write an editorial for DubCNN to Kendrick NOT to got to war with Drake, for one reason and one reason only, Drake's fans are over-obsessed girls who are blindly loyal to him and push social media to make the rest of the Hip-Hop world think that Drake won a battle even though he lost. Case in point, Common. They really made Common sound like he was the jealous one, when Sweet wasn't about Drake at all and Drake caught feelings because he was with Serena Williams at the time and Serena was on the news talking about how great of a guy Common was, and Common was her ex. Drake caught feeling and released Stay Schemin' remix and dissed Common and Vanessa Bryant for some reason, and his fans called it a win. Common responded way harder, but Drake's fans already swayed public perception.

Drake has an army of young girls on his side that no other rapper has. He's been in the game 5 years now, for Hip-Hop, that's a LONG time, and his fan base stays loyal to him. Straight up, Drake is the King of the soft dudes out there. And his fans love him for that.

So yeah. But now, in the aftermath of Ferguson and all the events the last year, I really think Kendrick and J. Cole have built up a large fan base that can rival Drake's. And it's one of the reason Drake is getting real friendly about Kendrick when 2 years ago he was talking about how he ain't his friend no more... LOL. Seriously, listen to Drake about Kendrick after Control, he sounded like a teenage girl who got dumped... LOL

Meek's main point is he got butt hurt over RICO and thought Drake was commenting on his girl, who everyone thought Drake was hitting anyways.

naah man, no one EVER cared about ghostwriters......the first rap single of all time was ghostwritten. lil kim was known as the top female rapper at one point, and biggie was writing all her stuff. snoop was a top 5 rapper in his prime, and was usin ghostwriters.....it just never was a big deal, period.

as for the tech n9ne point, all i was saying was that if a real rapper got into it wit drake, he could easily body him and make him look weaksauce....i know it's not guna happen, but i can be done.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »

bullshit

naah man, no one EVER cared about ghostwriters......the first rap single of all time was ghostwritten. lil kim was known as the top female rapper at one point, and biggie was writing all her stuff. snoop was a top 5 rapper in his prime, and was usin ghostwriters.....it just never was a big deal, period.

as for the tech n9ne point, all i was saying was that if a real rapper got into it wit drake, he could easily body him and make him look weaksauce....i know it's not guna happen, but i can be done.

Well i think it's the lane of the rapper. No one in the hip-hop community respected Sugar Hill Gang for that, and Lil' Kim was only seen as a sex symbol and only the Source liked her because she was sleeping with one of the editors. Once it was mentioned Snoop had ghostwriters in the late-90's and 2000's, he was removed from all greatest of all time talks. People still dug his music, but he wasn't respected as an MC. But Snoop was also a huge star by that time and he admitted to the Death Row days of writing, but him and Kurupt sharing lines and bars to make their verses sound better. And it showed because once Snoop went to No Limit and Kurupt left Death Row, both of their raps fell off hard in the late-90's.

Within the community, depending on who you are, they care, mainstream fans don't, never have, but the community cares. They just don't care about Drake having writers. Simply put, he's not seen as a lyricist like Nas, Kendrick, Rakim, or anyone in that lane. So no one cares. And all the ghostwriter talk will do is remove him from greatest of all time conversations. And let's not act like Eazy E, Dr. Dre, Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Foxy Brown, and Lil' Kim are all in the GOAT conversation. Hell, they aren't in no one's top 25 conversations.

So yeah, but this much is true, Drake may have a team of ghostwriters, he still beat Meek Mills dumb ass.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2015, 11:06:45 AM »

bullshit

Well i think it's the lane of the rapper. No one in the hip-hop community respected Sugar Hill Gang for that, and Lil' Kim was only seen as a sex symbol and only the Source liked her because she was sleeping with one of the editors. Once it was mentioned Snoop had ghostwriters in the late-90's and 2000's, he was removed from all greatest of all time talks. People still dug his music, but he wasn't respected as an MC. But Snoop was also a huge star by that time and he admitted to the Death Row days of writing, but him and Kurupt sharing lines and bars to make their verses sound better. And it showed because once Snoop went to No Limit and Kurupt left Death Row, both of their raps fell off hard in the late-90's.

Within the community, depending on who you are, they care, mainstream fans don't, never have, but the community cares. They just don't care about Drake having writers. Simply put, he's not seen as a lyricist like Nas, Kendrick, Rakim, or anyone in that lane. So no one cares. And all the ghostwriter talk will do is remove him from greatest of all time conversations. And let's not act like Eazy E, Dr. Dre, Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Foxy Brown, and Lil' Kim are all in the GOAT conversation. Hell, they aren't in no one's top 25 conversations.

So yeah, but this much is true, Drake may have a team of ghostwriters, he still beat Meek Mills dumb ass.

is ice cube no longer respected as an emcee because short khop used to ghostwrite for him?

is nas no longer respected as an emcee because large professor admitted he would edit his rhymes?

is ghostface no longer a respected emcee because he admitted raekwon wrote some of his rhymes?

snoop, eazy, and cube still one of the top west coast rappers ever.

no one cares, mdoggy...u doin too much.