Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16328 times)

gio™fugahoo

Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2015, 07:01:53 PM »
Dre day all day!

We never thought that Dre would take it this far and release an album.

Let's celebrate this  8)!

Preach

me1

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
I'm pissed Jimmy Z isn't featured

thegooddoc

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
I'm surprised with all of the complaining about features on this album.  On the Chronic, almost every rapper except Lady of Rage and Bushwick Bill was unknown.  On 2001, Dre introduced a new group of talented artists.  Let's wait to see how it sounds before complaining.  Based on Instagram and Twitter, it sounds like Dre gave almost anybody and everybody a chance to make the album. Damn, even Cold187um made the album, and him and Dre went at it pretty serious back in the day. I would rather he put out the best songs, and not a song just because so and so rapped on it.  My money is on Dre bringing a dope album.  

Also, has anyone heard whether any of EA Ski's tracks made the cut?  I know he posts on the forum from time to time, would love to hear his thoughts on the album.  8)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
Dre put his name on this.  It's bound to be good.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
There are 2 new instrumentals on YouTube... anybody know if they are real?

EDIT: Even if this ain't DRE these are some dope beats!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:16:31 PM by WalterOhDim »

andre

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2015, 08:28:55 PM »

Fake!

Album is getting mastered.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »

Fake!

Album is getting mastered.

Yea I'm not sure what to think - it's hard to imagine the D.R.E. announcing an album without it being mastered and finalized.  Seems a bit too last minute to be doing it right now in this final 5 days between release time.  The good DOC would've wanted time to preview and change his shit.... we'll see

EDIT: Sorry Andre the album isn't getting mastered 5 days before it's release date. LOL.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:47:47 PM by WalterOhDim »

Eddz

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
I can't believe the bitching and complaining that is going on because this album doesn't feature every rapper that has represented Compton in the past 20 years. This is a DRE album not a Compton compilation. Half the rappers people are complaining that aren't on the album haven't released shit in years so why should Dre put them on his final album? I wouldn't be surprised if Quik has a hand in the production but if he don't it's not a big deal. Quik doesn't even fuck with his own people so Dre doesn't owe him to put him on his album just because it's named Compton. Same goes with King Tee, he has released one mix tape in how many years? When is the last time time Dre has had Warren G or Daz on one of his records?

I'm surprised there in no Ren on here because they been working on the NWA but I'm happy that Dre is ACTUALLY dropping an album in 2015 with features from Snoop, Kendrick, Cube, Xzibit, Game & Big Hutch.

At the end of the day you should be pissed at Ren if he DOESN'T drop a solo record with all this hype with NWA & Compton, talk about missing the boat...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
I can't believe the bitching and complaining that is going on because this album doesn't feature every rapper that has represented Compton in the past 20 years. This is a DRE album not a Compton compilation. Half the rappers people are complaining that aren't on the album haven't released shit in years so why should Dre put them on his final album? I wouldn't be surprised if Quik has a hand in the production but if he don't it's not a big deal. Quik doesn't even fuck with his own people so Dre doesn't owe him to put him on his album just because it's named Compton. Same goes with King Tee, he has released one mix tape in how many years? When is the last time time Dre has had Warren G or Daz on one of his records?

I'm surprised there in no Ren on here because they been working on the NWA but I'm happy that Dre is ACTUALLY dropping an album in 2015 with features from Snoop, Kendrick, Cube, Xzibit, Game & Big Hutch.

At the end of the day you should be pissed at Ren if he DOESN'T drop a solo record with all this hype with NWA & Compton, talk about missing the boat...
  More or less... been saying this for years during all that DETOX talk.  It's always been Dre's fault for not waving his magic wand and making their favorite rapper relevant again. No matter what the track list was for Dre's album, people would have something negative to say and they haven't even heard a single track.  It's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.  All these other artists can put whoever they want on their records but if Dre put out an album and don't put every artist who ever worked for Death Row or Ruthless on it, it's the end of the fucking world.

Let's be real.  Everyone was so fucking worried about him having Lil Wayne and Fergie or Gwen Stefani all over Detox but he put out a record with a pretty thorough West Coast presence and all they want to do is whine about who ISN'T on it. Dre ain't coming with no time machine to magically bring you back to 1992.  After this one drops, you'll need a new person to fuel the grumpy middle-aged bastard inside you so you better make that hate last.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2015, 10:58:56 PM »
What is this? Is Dre rapping on every song? And is this the unofficial NWA soundtrack?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Young Old Head

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2015, 01:56:30 AM »
What is this? Is Dre rapping on every song? And is this the unofficial NWA soundtrack?

i seen some tracklists where it said that the game and jon conner have "solo songs" on there (although they still feature a singer and of course dre production). rest shold be dre.

the album will contain a dj premier & dre production btw! should be dope

Cash Money Blood Gang

Lucifuge

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2015, 02:22:30 AM »
Cant wait for this shit.

Finally no wack west coast rappers, only game, but he can pass. Thank god no kurupt and that with no cred at all.  8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dnjp4life

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2015, 02:30:23 AM »
Interesting.  Let's just wait until Friday then we can really see what this album is all about.  Can we consider this Dr. Dre's third and most likely last solo album though?

I'll echo the sentiments of others and say that for an album called 'Compton' there should have definitely been more features from artists from Compton - all the ones mentioned already; King T, DJ Quik, MC Eiht.  And MC Ren should have at least had one feature on this.  I can see why he put people like Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem on here, since they are in the mainstream and will grab listeners attention.  King Mez and Justus I have to admit I've never heard of.  Also interesting that Big Hutch has a feature, and fitting I suppose since he is from the Ruthless Records family.

I really hope that Dre produced the bulk of the tracks on here.  He has to realise that when people buy a Dr. Dre album, we want to hear Dr. Dre beats, with Dre and guests rapping over them.  We don't want to hear other top-name producers all over the project - save that for other artist's albums.  BUT this is Dr. Dre we are talking about here.  He knows what he's doing, has a track record for classic rap music, and in that respect I think that this project will at the very least be good.  Great to classic status?  Let's just wait and see.

doggfather

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »
Cant wait for this shit.

Finally no wack west coast rappers, only game, but he can pass. Thank god no kurupt and that with no cred at all.  8) 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Bandida

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2015, 02:36:35 AM »
This is Dre's last album......
Will he go out with  bang or a flop?

When you've a billion dollars in the bank, does it matter?