Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16350 times)

Jome

Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
The production credits are more important than the features, though, imo.  How much Dre involvement musically in the studio?

Agreed.. I'm wondering if Dre is the main producer, if he's mainly co-producing, or just mixing.. and also how much mic time he will have..
It says "Artist: Dr.Dre" (on Itunes) on all of the tracks except track 10 & 11, which is listed as a Jon Connor track and a The Game track..
Does this mean that Dre is the main artist on the other tracks?

The tracklist 2dopeboyz posted has the intro and the last track listed as "Feat. Dr.Dre", does this mean that these are the only tracks he talks/performs..?
Hope that track from the is on there, shit sounded epic..

dameons

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 07:08:04 PM »
Anderson Paak is an autotune R and B type guy...ugghh..This is gonna be full of singing and radio friendly tracks..Ambroscius on 4 also.. im retiring from rap

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 07:16:14 PM »
Atleast there is no Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Chief keef or Drake in there, im sure there is some great story telling related to the movie, production wise I know for sure that Fredwreck is involved

dameons

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 07:21:58 PM »
R and B on every track besides 1..Even the Cube track is gonna be clubish... >:(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:37:12 PM by dameons »

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »
I can't believe some of you are moaning at the tracklist.

I'm glad Dre is releasing a project, that's good enough for me.

And the line up is actually decent - Snoop, Xzibit, Ice Cube, Kendrick, Em.... Can't wait to hear them on some Dre beats again.

The movie inspired him to make the record and a good excuse to release his final project.

Straight Outta Compton movie, will be filled with classics, the original songs released during that era, that would be the real soundtrack.

Can't wait for Friday.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:23:27 AM by geezy »
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

dameons

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
Not all Dre beats on there...

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
Being as this is being called A Soundtrack By Dr Dre I am assuming he is rapping on most if the songs and produced all if them. If so I can't wait

soopa-man

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
Soundtrack looks good Dre is definitely going for a more mature sound, from what I heard it's more soulful with jazz elements, says the director of the movie f Gary gray.  Good features and good writers that have been confirmed, cool to see Snoop ok there more than once and Kendrick as well, big hutch cool surprise

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
Atleast there is no Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Chief keef or Drake in there, im sure there is some great story telling related to the movie, production wise I know for sure that Fredwreck is involved
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
i had it with dre n cube milking this whole thing, i saw the screening of the movie last week for free & im downloading the soundtrack i aint gonna support this shit with my money...disrespecting eazy's legacy, family, ren & yella fuck that  

Game-Won

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »

Chief Keef songs goes hard. - but wouldnt go on a West soundtrack.

Would had loved to see more Game tracks on there, Quik should have gotten some shine and ofc Ren.. i mean its fuckin COMPTON.

K-Dot, Game, Quik, Ren, YG, Mc Eith, Coolio, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta the pedo, Even fuckin TYGA. - is WHO is representing Compton.. this soundtrack shouldnt had been called compton...
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

AftermathBeats

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 02:27:17 AM »
Is the Album released in Hardcopys on Amazon or Best Buy to?

Eddz

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 03:58:50 AM »
I can't wait for this, Dre has will never disappoint with an album

I'm just surprised & disappointed there is no Ren, Yella or even Kurupt ???

Matty

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 05:03:55 AM »
will probably be plenty of beats from other people, but all with dre's 'production', which is what counts 8)

it's cool this is his thing, as in authorship. it's 'By Dr Dre' so you know he's putting name behind it 8)

heisenberg

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2015, 05:49:19 AM »
Is the Album released in Hardcopys on Amazon or Best Buy to?

i think yes, first exclusively on Itunes and after hard copies, cds and vinyls. I don't see maybe the last dre album without physical things.