Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16230 times)

B.A.

Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2015, 09:19:19 AM »
The Soundtrack might sound like THIS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iXFvu8We_LQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iXFvu8We_LQ</a>

Hope not, that's one of the few that I always skip LOL
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

WestWestYA

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iXFvu8We_LQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iXFvu8We_LQ</a>

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! this is one of the best songs dre has ever made.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
Can't really get excited, becuz I've already accepted the fact Dre lost his touch, and the Dre-era is over. Ended in 2009 with his productions on Relapse album to me.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
I can't believe some of you are moaning at the tracklist.

I'm glad Dre is releasing a project, that's good enough for me.

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »
Atleast there is no Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Chief keef or Drake in there, im sure there is some great story telling related to the movie, production wise I know for sure that Fredwreck is involved

Chief Keef songs goes hard. - but wouldnt go on a West soundtrack.

Would had loved to see more Game tracks on there, Quik should have gotten some shine and ofc Ren.. i mean its fuckin COMPTON.

K-Dot, Game, Quik, Ren, YG, Mc Eith, Coolio, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta the pedo, Even fuckin TYGA. - is WHO is representing Compton.. this soundtrack shouldnt had been called compton...

tyga is from the sfv, not compton

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »
Can't say I'm surprised that it seems like it's gonna be that kind of an album but it's still disappointing. Dre could have put out his album whenever but the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack only has this one shot, right now, that it. It has the potential to be something great while paying homage and capturing that era of music but the opportunity seems like it's being used to push Dre's music :grumpy:.

Fuck it, I just hope the movies good, that's all I care about, we still got our classics from back in the day to bump whenever we want. I hope I'm wrong and that the soundtrack is what it is supposed to be and that the movie isn't just being used for it's hype so that Dre could finally put out the music he had no confidence in before. But like Eazy-E once said, "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch...", Eazy is probably going to be right again. Rest in peace E.

Each time Dre drops a "new album" he uses fresh talent the public isn't aware of.  No different this time.  Think about all the dudes on 2001 that we never heard of.  Then boom, 2001 is recognized as one of hip-hop's greatest.  Sounds like you're living in 1994 with that Eazy quote.  

If you can't evolve with the times this album won't be for you, or any fan stuck in the past.  I'm personally looking forward to a new Dr. Dre sound of 2015.

Anyone know what the single is from this album?

money

WestSideDon

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »
First of all its fuckin crazy that after 16 fuckin years dre is actually dropping a project  :o
Never thought that would be possible again, so I'm damn excited to actually hear new material from one of the greatest producers of all time.....
BUT the traclist indeed looks confusing. I mean its called Compton so I expected cats like King T, Mc Eiht, the original members of N.W.A and so on...
Instead we get some R&B singers i never heard of and some whack white wannabe drake/eminem ?
There are a couple tracks that look promising with performers like X, Hutch, Cube, Snoop on 2 tracks (Snoop spittin over dre beats is like a dream come true again) but I have got the feeling tat this "album" shouldve been structured differently..
Still like someone here said back when 2001 dropped the cats on there were mostly unknown and the people didn't know what to expect and then they got a classic, so i'm still open for any surprises. Excited for friday  8)

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »

A new Dre album and a soundtrack inspired by and for the Straight Outta Compton movie should be two completely different things. For example, take the movie American Gangster, it take place in the 1970's, they released 2 albums for it on the same day, one was American Gangster: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and the other was Jay-Z's album American Gangster.

Says who?  I personally don't need a 4th or 5th NWA family tree album, or another remastered NWA album, or greatest hits album.  There's enough already, and I'm sure if UNIVERSAL studios wanted one they would've gotten one.

Stuck in the past? Man this movie is set in the past, roughly from 1987 to 1995 based on the info that has been released... ... I'm not going into this as a Dre groupie who is getting a chance to finally hear what could have been Detox or just as a fan who has been dying to get some new Dre music. Nah, I'm going into this as a fan of N.W.A, that's what the movie is about, not about what the fuck Dre's been doing for the past 15 years.

Of course its a movie about history.. but you're missing the point.  This album is music inspired by the film.  I think you'll hear a grown as man reflecting on all the NWA (and more) shit that went down over the past 25 years.  If Marsha Ambrosiusz is singing on some deep-level songs, I'm sure the DOC had his reasons.  The man is 50 years old, he ain't in his 20s doing the Chronic. 

I'll take this any day over some recycled Greatest Hits catalogue.   I'm still taking this a Dr. Dre album inspired (and marketed) to coincide with the release of a movie.  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:36:54 AM by WalterOhDim »

B.A.

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! this is one of the best songs dre has ever made.

No, not even close, but that's just me. I get it, it's a nice song, dedicated to his brother, I know, but I've always felt that "The Message" and "Bitch Niggaz" were both kinda boring, "Murda Ink" is also one of my least favorites of the album. Should've ended with "Bang Bang" followed by Chong's Outro. But again, just imo.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Mr. Theo

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »
The thing is...speaking about Compton...Compton have a lot of talented people .People who should be in this "album".
The discussion is clearly..an album called Compton without Compton most talented artist.

The true shit its,without hater shit..that Dr Dre is super rich..talented..famous..influential artist worldwide.

But in Compton...the real hero is DJ Quik..he do it for the city and the music..

And Dre is jealous about it..he is a hero in everywhere...except in his hometown
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:12:27 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

soopa-man

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »
Dr Dre is Compton and he put it on the map and continues to put it on the map by having two recent protégés be from Compton and continue to rep for the city (Kendrick and GAme) he also is responsible for cats to even be screaming they're from Compton cuz no one was rapping About it before NWA ... So he can have who ever he wants to have on the album on it, I actually envisioned much worse, there were even mtv articles about Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and drake being on Detox, after not seeing them on this, I am more helpful... that this will go hard ...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
This is just an album title ... The guy is 50 , he's not going to drop a "gangsta" CD ...

I don't expect much from this , hopefully the production will be interesting .

The_Offence

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »
can't wait to see the reaction on here when this is nothing like what people expected. all the G Funk and old west coast rap heads are popping up like it's the Chronic all over again lol only to be disappointing when they hear this project.. just by looking at those features i can tell you will be disappointed. im not saying it won't be good, but it won't be this G shit or classic west coast sounding project that you niggas are expecting.. this will be a regular hip hop project. I'll be here to say i told you so when it drops. Dre don't make those type of projects anymore. look at his recent work with kendrick, Game and other niggas.. he don't make that Chronic 2001 sounding records anymore.. he makes hip hop joints now. look at the niggas thats actually featured on this project aside from the 3 or 4 west cost niggas. Those niggas are actually rappers if you get what i men.. this will a good rap record. there might be a touch of west coast sound but this will be a regular rap album.. if he wanted to make a west coast record he would have gotten the usual suspect. DPG and these types of niggas that were on the chronic 2001. instead look at most of the features.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:50:14 AM by The_Offence »

Blood$

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »
can't wait to see the reaction on here when this is nothing like what people expected. all the G Funk and old west coast rap heads are popping up like it's the Chronic all over again lol only to be disappointing when they hear this project.. just by looking at those features i can tell you will be disappointed. im not saying it won't be good, but it won't be this G shit or classic west coast sounding project that you niggas are expecting.. this will be a regular hip hop project. I'll be here to say i told you so when it drops. Dre don't make those type of projects anymore. look at his recent work with kendrick, Game and other niggas.. he don't make that Chronic 2001 sounding records anymore.. he makes hip hop joints now. look at the niggas thats actually featured on this project aside from the 3 or 4 west cost niggas. Those niggas are actually rappers if you get what i men.. this will a good rap record. there might be a touch of west coast sound but this will be a regular rap album.. if he wanted to make a west coast record he would have gotten the usual suspect. DPG and these types of niggas that were on the chronic 2001. instead look at most of the features.

lmao at "this will be a regular hip-hop project"

what does that even mean?  :laugh:

WestWestYA

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
The thing is...speaking about Compton...Compton have a lot of talented people .People who should be in this "album".
The discussion is clearly..an album called Compton without Compton most talented artist.

The true shit its,without hater shit..that Dr Dre is super rich..talented..famous..influential artist worldwide.

But in Compton...the real hero is DJ Quik..he do it for the city and the music..

And Dre is jealous about it..he is a hero in everywhere...except in his hometown
No one in the world knows who dj quik is if u dont know rap music or even more so west coast music. Dr dre is the one who made compton known worldwide NOT QUIK NOT EIHT NOT KING TITS NOT 2ND II NONE NOT ANYONE besides dr dre and maybe maybe eazy e.