Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16343 times)

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »
The thing is...speaking about Compton...Compton have a lot of talented people .People who should be in this "album".
The discussion is clearly..an album called Compton without Compton most talented artist.

The true shit its,without hater shit..that Dr Dre is super rich..talented..famous..influential artist worldwide.

But in Compton...the real hero is DJ Quik..he do it for the city and the music..

And Dre is jealous about it..he is a hero in everywhere...except in his hometown
No one in the world knows who dj quik is if u dont know rap music or even more so west coast music. Dr dre is the one who made compton known worldwide NOT QUIK NOT EIHT NOT KING TITS NOT 2ND II NONE NOT ANYONE besides dr dre and maybe maybe eazy e.

LOL yea that Mr. Theo post was a reach for sure.  Dr. Dre = international .. DJ Quik = local.  They are not on the same level of anything.  Both have dope music, but including everything career wise - not even in the same league.  

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
Dr Dre is Compton and he put it on the map and continues to put it on the map by having two recent protégés be from Compton and continue to rep for the city (Kendrick and GAme) he also is responsible for cats to even be screaming they're from Compton cuz no one was rapping About it before NWA ... So he can have who ever he wants to have on the album on it, I actually envisioned much worse, there were even mtv articles about Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and drake being on Detox, after not seeing them on this, I am more helpful... that this will go hard ...
we

Dre, maybe Compton, but, that DJ Quik Red Tape was circulating in Chitown around early 88, my unk had a copy. This is before we heard of NWA, we had DJ Quik underground tape...thats a fact....He is equally responsible for the success of Compton and putting the CPT on the map.

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »
can't wait to see the reaction on here when this is nothing like what people expected. all the G Funk and old west coast rap heads are popping up like it's the Chronic all over again lol only to be disappointing when they hear this project.. just by looking at those features i can tell you will be disappointed. im not saying it won't be good, but it won't be this G shit or classic west coast sounding project that you niggas are expecting.. this will be a regular hip hop project. I'll be here to say i told you so when it drops. Dre don't make those type of projects anymore. look at his recent work with kendrick, Game and other niggas.. he don't make that Chronic 2001 sounding records anymore.. he makes hip hop joints now. look at the niggas thats actually featured on this project aside from the 3 or 4 west cost niggas. Those niggas are actually rappers if you get what i men.. this will a good rap record. there might be a touch of west coast sound but this will be a regular rap album.. if he wanted to make a west coast record he would have gotten the usual suspect. DPG and these types of niggas that were on the chronic 2001. instead look at most of the features.

lmao at "this will be a regular hip-hop project"

what does that even mean?  :laugh:

Apparently, he saying its gon sound like some old ass boom bap shit.....loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, I don't know what the hell a regular hip-hop project sounds like..... ::)

CORREA

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
I'm not surprised at the lack of formidable nwaesque/era artists....
I'm pissed that I don't see no eazy e 3 or lil eazy or omg or Curtis young....
But when the two main movers in relation to production of the film n soundtrack both left bwa at their height, it doesn't surprise me that they got white boys, snoopsnoop and other ppl I've never heard of....

This is not going to reflect eazys skills as a rapper, businessman or father of gangsta rap, no matter how he's depicted in the movie or reffeted to in songs off the album....

Love theLove artwork, but it would of looked better as a shot from the middle of the city spanning up and out toward the hollywoodesque Compton sign.....

If I gave a fuck, I'd boyboycot the entire thing and everything related to it.....

what u expected dpg and eazy e and a bunch of irrelevant fucks they trying sell records here especially if u got Kendrick 3 times on there

CORREA

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »
smh at all you retards expecting a bunch of old wack rappers on here look what happened when dre put out an album like that in 1996
u people need to look to the future u retards are like 20 years in the past

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2015, 01:27:26 PM »
Dr Dre is Compton and he put it on the map and continues to put it on the map by having two recent protégés be from Compton and continue to rep for the city (Kendrick and GAme) he also is responsible for cats to even be screaming they're from Compton cuz no one was rapping About it before NWA ... So he can have who ever he wants to have on the album on it, I actually envisioned much worse, there were even mtv articles about Lil Wayne, Jay-Z and drake being on Detox, after not seeing them on this, I am more helpful... that this will go hard ...
we

Dre, maybe Compton, but, that DJ Quik Red Tape was circulating in Chitown around early 88, my unk had a copy. This is before we heard of NWA, we had DJ Quik underground tape...thats a fact....He is equally responsible for the success of Compton and putting the CPT on the map.

LOL NO

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »
So u saying he's not equally responsible? When in fact Quik was already on his mixtape shit back in 87.Dre that dude, but, how many times is people gon allow him to set the westcoast game back. If it aint stamped by Dre its not authentic? I'mma be truthful wit it from a midwest perspective. When it was prime time for Dre to pull the west back into the limelight, he dipped on yall and created the Firm. Discovered Eminem soon after. Told King Tee to sit his ass back. Now, Chronic 2001 was jumping a couple of joints later. All the while, same time period. Quik drops Rythmalism and Balance and Options. Did Quik leave his guys behind. NO!!! And I'mma say this the Balance and Options sound quality is up there wit the Chronic 2001, mixing wise. Of course I can have a flawless record too, if I've released only 2 joints in 25 sum odd years. I'mma start some shit, Kanye has went plat out the gate and has more records than Dre. Ye has the balls to release shit. Quik too. Quik catalog is flawless, he is equally responsible as I stated. True Dre is international, I'm a big fan of Dre, don't get me wrong. Anybody who knows music knows Quik was responsible just as much. If not more cuz Dre left the row and Quik took all eyez on me to another level wit his mixing, which IMO is far superior than Dre's. Quik can walk thru his own hood...Dre needs Bone Sloan...smh!!! U can have all the respect in the world, but, if u a victim of your own fame to the point where u need hood niggas to walk thru your own hood, thats some lame shit. I have seen ANDRE 3000 in the A by himself at all times, at Guitar Center, Dre album called Compton, but, all the work he done put in, cant allow him to walk thru wit out security, fuck outta here!!!!

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

OG Filthy Wimp

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
N0 QUIK CHECK
NO CMW CHECK
NO REN CHECK
NO KING TEE CHECK
NO TWEETY OR SIN CHECK
NO DRESTA OR KNOCC CHECK
NO DADDY V CHECK
NO YG CHECK
NO CPO BOSS HOGG CHECK
CUZ COULD HAVE ENDED HIS RUN ON THE HARDCORE NOTE
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:38:52 PM by OG Filthy Wimp »
SO THERE I WAS EATING A BURGER AND FRIES WITH SUGE KNIGHT....

dameons

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
No cuss words on the tracklist..check !! Get ready for a club album full of R and B

Jome

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2015, 03:28:43 PM »
The features are dope, I'm sure the "unknown" features will be interesting.. how many people (except some hip hop heads) had heard about Hittman, Six Two, Devin The Dude, Defari, Knoc-Turn'al, before 2001 dropped?
Sure, some, but fact of the matter is that 2001 is where a lot of people were introduced to them..

The nostalgic in me would like to see MC Ren on that Ice Cube track, and a Rakim feature, and maybe a verse from Bishop Lamont..
Wouldn't mind a smooth hook from Butch Cassidy, Sly, Kobe or K-Young either.. Marsha and the rest of the singers better bring the heat.

Westdog

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
Need more Cube on this shit , Ren , Snoop
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
Daaaaamn
You didn't even heard one fucking song
C'mon guys all of you will buy/listening to the cd
Yeah the features .... Bla bla bla
At the end its a dre album and even his worst release had more replay value then all the
(Rap) shit that's hot today

Matty

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2015, 04:01:21 PM »
being mastered 8)

Mr. Theo

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
no eazy e put compton on the map...he was the first who claimed Compton
Quote from: WestWestYA
link=topic=318894.msg3059488#msg3059488 date=1438541761
The thing is...speaking about Compton...Compton have a lot of talented people .People who should be in this "album".
The discussion is clearly..an album called Compton without Compton most talented artist.

The true shit its,without hater shit..that Dr Dre is super rich..talented..famous..influential artist worldwide.

But in Compton...the real hero is DJ Quik..he do it for the city and the music..

And Dre is jealous about it..he is a hero in everywhere...except in his hometown
No one in the world knows who dj quik is if u dont know rap music or even more so west coast music. Dr dre is the one who made compton known worldwide NOT QUIK NOT EIHT NOT KING TITS NOT 2ND II NONE NOT ANYONE besides dr dre and maybe maybe eazy e.
yeah ..he is the one who made compton known worldwide? Why his first solo he had a bunch of LBc rappers screaming LBc thru the speakers....

Do you know eazy-e??? No eazy..no dr dre...eazy e put dr dre on the rap map
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:22:15 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF