Author Topic: CREDITS: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre  (Read 6087 times)

Jome

Re: CREDITS: Dr. Dre-Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
I would like to know who does additional vocals.. I swear I hear SLY background vocals on several songs..

SLY is doing vocals on no less than 8 tracks.. some might I saw/heard that coming, before full credits came out.  8)

so, what did dr. dre on animals?

Hard to say, but listen to the background effects at 0:24, 1:01, 2:32 and more.. classic Dre signature, you can hear the same all over "Talking To My Diary".. dunno what the effect is called though, strings?
Difficult to say if he did something else though, unless you were there in the studio with 'em.

woof

Avalanche

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
cube and snoop note write their verses...?

jaytee

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »
so, what did dr. dre on animals?

“He heard it and was like, 'Yo, I need that.'” Premier and Dre were acquaintances, but they hadn’t spoken in over a decade and had never worked together. The track Premier brought had originally been recorded for a different project, and had his crisp, minimalist signature, which Dre began to populate with details.

“He added some singers in the background and brought in his man Bluetooth, who’s a piano player, bass player, singer, drummer, all kinds of shit,” says Premier. “There were certain chords I didn’t want, and Dre was cool with it if I said, ‘Hey, that’s a little too much on that part.’ He respects honesty. I like that it wasn’t overdone. He didn’t smother it.

“Dre recently asked me about the difference between a producer and a beat maker,” Premier adds. “For me, it’s like film: You can shoot all the footage you want, but it’s all about the edit, the final outcome, when the world gets it. That’s what makes you a producer. That’s what Dre does."

Jayson Green, Pitchfork

Anderson .Paak: I was really excited about it when I got it done. It was around the time of the riots and everything. I had never made any political songs before, but this one just came naturally. I didn’t want to be too preachy—I just wanted to add my perspective. When I recorded it, I had already been working with Dre. Before I left the studio with him, I was like, “Oh shit, let me play you this joint I got with Premo.” He was like, “You got a joint with Premier?” I played it, and it wasn’t even three bars in and he just went nuts! He was like, “I gotta get on this!” The next day, Dre hits me up himself, like, “Yo, I fucking love this song. I know it’s your tune, and no disrespect, but I would love for this to be a part of the soundtrack. Whatever we have to do…” I was like, “Say no more, let’s make history,” so he added his verse on there. He ended up adding really dope instrumentation too. He messed with the drums, added some guitar, and some really cool transitional stuff that wasn’t on there before. I watched Premo do the scratches on it, and it was just a crazy moment. I’m still wrapping my head around it.

Christian Hernandez, Mass Appeal

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »
16 years...16 songs...8 are not even produced by him AT ALL.  ::)

Dre apologist miss me with the "there's a difference between making beats and producing, you don't understanding the mixing process, Dre tweeks the songs so much" bullshit. Heard it all before. At the end of the day these are the credits that he agreed to and signed off on.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:43 AM »

Dre apologist miss me with the "there's a difference between making beats and producing, you don't understanding the mixing process, Dre tweeks the songs so much" bullshit. Heard it all before. At the end of the day these are the credits that he agreed to and signed off on.

there were probably joints on his other albums he didn't 'produce' at all either in terms of making a beat but who cares the shit sounds good and is killing just about every other album out musically

certain tracks from this album definitely have that "Dre sound" since a few heads I played it for without saying what it was asked "is this some new Dr. Dre"

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »

dre produced the entire album....if this were 1993, the back cover would just say "produced by dr. dre"..............in 2015, they fucked up the game wit givin session players etc. production credits. if 2001 was credited like this album, "still dre" woulda said "produced by scott storch, mixed by dr. dre"....it's bullshit.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 03:15:49 PM »
10. One Shot One Kill
additional vocals by Dr. Dre

Since Dre is not listed as a main act on that record he should get these credits. Craig Owens should not be listed as a featured artist, just additional vocals as well.

dre produced the entire album....if this were 1993, the back cover would just say "produced by dr. dre"..............in 2015, they fucked up the game wit givin session players etc. production credits. if 2001 was credited like this album, "still dre" woulda said "produced by scott storch, mixed by dr. dre"....it's bullshit.

lol, hell no.. If that was the case Loose Cannons and Medicine Man would've said "produced by FredWreck".
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »
10. One Shot One Kill
additional vocals by Dr. Dre

Since Dre is not listed as a main act on that record he should get these credits. Craig Owens should not be listed as a featured artist, just additional vocals as well.

lol, hell no.. If that was the case Loose Cannons and Medicine Man would've said "produced by FredWreck".

YEA SURE