Author Topic: Are Anti-War Types Seriously This Stupid?  (Read 786 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Are Anti-War Types Seriously This Stupid?
« on: April 12, 2003, 10:01:54 PM »
Why the hell are people still protesting the liberation of Iraq? Sorry folks but you are a little late. What do they want the U.S. to do, bring Saddam and his cronies back to life and put them back into power? I guess they didn't watch the reactions of the Iraqi people when the regime fell.

This only proves that these protestors types could care less about the suffering of Iraqis. All they want to do is bash America.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast...s.ap/index.html

Global antiwar protests continue
Saturday, April 12, 2003 Posted: 2:31 PM EDT (1831 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Anti-war protesters marched in Britain, France, Italy and other countries to commemorate those killed during the war in Iraq and urge foreign troops to leave the war-torn nation soon.

Many protesters warned that the U.S.-led war on Saddam Hussein's regime seriously disrupted world order. Others said the military campaign, which did not have U.N. authorization, was illegitimate and called President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair war criminals.

"I think the war is not ending -- it's only just started," said Sue Wyndham, a 54-year-old protester in London. "They're going to go into Syria or Korea next, anywhere they feel they can use their power."

Tens of thousands of protesters, many holding placards demanding "No occupation of Iraq," held two minutes' silence for the victims of war before marching through London. They tossed bunches of yellow daffodils at the gates of Blair's home.

In Rome, tens of thousands of demonstrators marched through central Rome.

A small group of protesters vandalized buildings as a procession snaked through the city, hurling red paint at banks and vandalizing targets seen as linked to big business. Police reported no arrests.

Italian organizers warned of an "infinite global war."

"This is the beginning of a whole new war by the United States, which is also trying to control Cuba, Syria, and other Latin American countries," said Marco Del Bufalo, 37, a high-school teacher.

In the United States, protesters were gathering early Saturday in Washington, where finance ministers and central bank governors from the world's seven wealthiest industrial nations gathered Saturday for a meeting on Iraq reconstruction.

Thousands join protest in Rome
The officials agreed to support a new U.N. Security Council resolution as part of a global effort to rebuild Iraq, settling a dispute that had threatened to delay postwar help that the United States had insisted could go ahead without a further U.N. resolution.

Protests were also planned in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

"Occupation is not liberation," said Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, a civil rights lawyer and an organizer of the Washington rally. "Whether they can conquer it militarily is one thing; whether they can turn it into an obedient client state is another."

In Paris, about 11,000 protesters marched through the city. Smaller anti-war protests were staged in some 50 other French cities and towns.

"We must not forget that this war remains an illegitimate war without the authorization of the United Nations," said Mouloud Aounit, the head of anti-racism group MRAP.

In Dhaka, Bangladesh, nearly 50,000 school children and others gathered to accuse the United States and Britain of committing crimes against humanity in attacking Iraq. Many carried toy guns and tanks symbolizing their vow to fight against coalition forces.

Anti-war protester wears protective mask against SARS in Manila
"American and British soldiers may have occupied Iraq, but they have failed to win the hearts of the Iraqi people," Mohammad Selim, 10, said at the protest sponsored by Islamic and leftist parties and anti-war citizens' groups.

About 4,000 protesters gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to demand the government rescind its decision to send noncombat troops to help U.S.-led forces in Iraq.

In Hong Kong, 100 demonstrators chanted anti-war slogans outside the U.S. consulate. Two veteran activists, Lau San-ching and Leung Kwok-hung, climbed over a gate and unfurled a banner that said "Bush, Blair War Criminals" on the consulate's grounds.

Lau said they trespassed to drive home their claim that Iraq was being illegally occupied. An hourlong standoff ended when consulate security staff carried the two protesters out.

About 2,000 demonstrators in the Norwegian capital Oslo demanded that Washington let the United Nations lead the reconstruction of Iraq. They carried signs that said: "U.S.A. out, U.N. in."

About 1,500 demonstrators gathered in Basel, Switzerland, while a rally in Stockholm, Sweden attracted 500.

Protesters shout slogans at an anti-war demonstration in Seoul.
"That Saddam Hussein was removed was good, but not the way it was done," said Kurt Junesjoe, a 63-year-old protester in Stockholm.

In Washington, organizers obtained a permit for 20,000 demonstrators, far fewer than the tens of thousands who filled blocks of city streets in both January and March. Protesters planned to march past offices of companies that organizers said are profiting from the war and past media organizations they said ignored the plight of Iraqi civilians.

Supporters of the war also rallied in Washington Saturday. "I hope the troops can see us across the seas," said Bonnie Hayslip, 48, a housewife from Pennsylvania.

Kaidy

Re:Are Anti-War Types Seriously This Stupid?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 01:49:57 AM »
If you're ignorant self even read the article you posted, you'd realize they're protesting against occupation in Iraq, rallying for those unfairly killed in this 'war', and letting your totalitarian leader know that there is still a huge resistance to him and his imperialistic designs.

I didn't read anythign about protesting for Saddam Hussein and his regime to come back, or anythign against the liberation of Iraq. Perhaps if you weren't blinded by your red, white and blue tinted spectacles you might see that.

Quakaveli

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 01:59:38 AM »
Ummm retards//////////////Kaildy, is one of em too rite?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 02:31:24 AM »

Quake, this is gettin out of hand. Can you please stop wasting the few seconds of my life it takes to read what you write?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 04:37:32 AM »

Your logic astounds me cRapCake. I make a perfectly eloquent and thought out post, you reply with some incoherent babble, can't spell my name, and for some reason add a line of forward slashes, and I'm the retard? I think I'll just respond to your posts in your own language in the future. Quack, quack, quack...

Quakaveli

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 10:52:04 AM »

Your logic astounds me cRapCake. I make a perfectly eloquent and thought out post, you reply with some incoherent babble, can't spell my name, and for some reason add a line of forward slashes, and I'm the retard? I think I'll just respond to your posts in your own language in the future. Quack, quack, quack...

Haha thats a good one, didnt know U had humor, or should I say HUMOUR  ;D, sorry bout that post I was way too drunk while typin that shit ;D ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Are Anti-War Types Seriously This Stupid?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »
Liberals were right.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 08:19:37 PM »
Liberals were right.

Anyone with half a brain was right.

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 03:40:14 AM »
Anyone with half a Brian would question the initial invasion of Iraq after sep 11 when the bush administration was supposed to be targeting Osama bin Laden's regime.... The u.s. is responsible for the instability that was the aftermath of the invasion as are the other allies that backed the states in the so called war on terror that was a front for a war on oil, playing on misconceptions and stereotypes and promises of liberating the Iraqi people from sadams evil clutches... Now Isis has a monopoly on the oil refineries they've confiscated in the war torn and fragile state, and suddenly america has a moral compass that prevents them from going in and helping the same people they left disenfranchised and vulnerable.... If anyone did to america or any other western country, what the yanks n poms have been doing since time immemorial, there'd be a world war three and a rush to crush the so called terrorist who assumed it was his right to tell us how to live.... How lucky we are, heaping praise upon the brave soldier who is but a puppet for the masters to abuse under the assumed ideology of democracy... And woe is the man who fights for a justice we are alien to in our soundproof and safe lil bubble that thrives off stereotypes and misunderstandings, that we are force fed through the media, only for that humble and pious man, willing to sacrifice his life for a god we don't believe in and a ruler we deem a tyrannical, terroristic dictator.....