Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49039 times)

WestWestYA

1 - Great Intro...not like "Documentary" intro..but still good.

2 - I warned y'all about Justus....King Mez is....meh../ the beat fits only in Dre voice / THE BEAT IS A NORMAL DJ DAHI BEAT, NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL /Young Jeezy should be in this instead of Justus and King Mez.

3 - WEST COAST SHIT..Excellent instrumental and hook..Kendrick Lamar verse is nuts..but wait..Kendrick got 2 verses in it??? (Dre rapping like Kendrick ruins the track) - but the song is still enjoyable..

4 - BINK killed again, good track..Dre rapping decent ( no Kendrick imitation )..Justus !??!? Imagine Miguel on the hook...it's would be 1000x better

5 - Instrumental is AVERAGE..nothing much..Anderson Paak represents with good vocals...Dre's second verse is a Kendrick imitation (Again)

6 - the song 4 me begins at Eazy-E vocals...before Eazy it's wack...after is common...this track is forgettable.

7 - Instrumental is classic....dre on Kendrick Lamar mode again... :'(     but the song still good!!! cold 187 and X killed

8 - Another great track...Dre rapped like Dre and...ICE CUBE!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Bishop Lamont in this ...... would be perfect.

9 - Ken'DRE'ick again...this track is much crazy....Kendrick cried verse...i hate when he "cries" in the verse..forgettable song

10 - DJ Quik "The Conduct" generic version.............

11 - The Game saves the world.............and people still mad at him! Game is so talented!!

12 - Cool track...beat very common..but Jon Connor and Anderson .Paak, Dre and Jill Scott made a good job, specially at the end!

13 - Radio friendly...cool!!!!

14 -  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Imagine DJ Quik feat in this DJ Premier production. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No DJ Quik but still classic. THIS IS CLASSIC.

15 - crap shit..everything Eminem touch this dayz becomes trash

16 - Another classic Dre track...this is DETOX track.

THIS ALBUM CONTAINS 3 CLASSICS..(ISSUES,ANIMALS AND TALK TO MY DIARY) ..OTHERS GOOD TRACKS..

BUT OVERALL "COMPTON" ISN'T CHANGED THE GAME...IT'S JUST A NORMAL ALBUM LIKE MANNY OTHERS

SOME POINT THIS IS THE NEW SOUND VS OLD SOUND.... IT'S LIKE KENDRICK TPAB with a little NWA Sound...

6/10

Still better than anything quik put out since rhythm al

Mr. Theo

2 - I warned y'all about Justus....King Mez is....meh../ the beat fits only in Dre voice / THE BEAT IS A NORMAL DJ DAHI BEAT, NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL /Young Jeezy should be in this instead of Justus and King Mez.

3 - WEST COAST SHIT..Excellent instrumental and hook..Kendrick Lamar verse is nuts..but wait..Kendrick got 2 verses in it??? (Dre rapping like Kendrick ruins the track) - but the song is still enjoyable..

4 - BINK killed again, good track..Dre rapping decent ( no Kendrick imitation )..Justus !??!? Imagine Miguel on the hook...it's would be 1000x better

5 - Instrumental is AVERAGE..nothing much..Anderson Paak represents with good vocals...Dre's second verse is a Kendrick imitation (Again)

6 - the song 4 me begins at Eazy-E vocals...before Eazy it's wack...after is common...this track is forgettable.

7 - Instrumental is classic....dre on Kendrick Lamar mode again... :'(     but the song still good!!! cold 187 and X killed

8 - Another great track...Dre rapped like Dre and...ICE CUBE!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

9 - Ken'DRE'ick again...this track is much crazy....Kendrick cried verse...i hate when he "cries" in the verse..forgettable song

11 - The Game saves the world.............and people still mad at him! Game is so talented!!

12 - Cool track...beat very common..but Jon Connor and Anderson .Paak, Dre and Jill Scott made a good job, specially at the end!

14 -  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Imagine DJ Quik feat in this DJ Premier production. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No DJ Quik but still classic. THIS IS CLASSIC.

THIS ALBUM CONTAINS 3 CLASSICS..(ISSUES,ANIMALS AND TALK TO MY DIARY) ..OTHERS GOOD TRACKS..

BUT OVERALL "COMPTON" ISN'T CHANGED THE GAME...IT'S JUST A NORMAL ALBUM LIKE MANNY OTHERS

SOME POINT THIS IS THE NEW SOUND VS OLD SOUND.... IT'S LIKE KENDRICK TPAB with a little NWA Sound...

6/10

Balance, Under , Trauma and BOD are better than this.

I repeat, this is TPAB on steroids..

but, everyone has their opinion.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:38:02 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Mr. Theo

Very average and disappointed. too much R and B and no track that hits you straight away like Still Dre.

Sounds like a Kendrick album. With Kenricks shit being succesful Dre must have thought he has to make shit like that in 2015 to be like.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Are some of you old enough to remember when 2001 came out? It took some times for people to get on it because it wzs different from the previous work. Also it is a different era different game so after being in the game for more than 25 years, i believe this is a good representation of his whole career, you have some hard gangsta rap, some better sounding trap and some jazz element like The Chronic had.

Matty

digesting the album some more and tbh it's getting more dissapointing. i get what he's trying to do but the direction isn't really my thing, not mellow, funky or musical enough. but as far as doing a 2015 angry, aggressive NWA inspired album, sure, it nails it. plenty of great moments but too many trap beats for my liking. and some of his flows are similar to the more dubious detox leaks. it's 'classic' enough next to a lot of the music coming out nowadays, but that isn't saying much. will get into more detail later.

Calilove661

This album is geared towards a new generation of fans. One can only hope he opens the vaults. This album was like a posthumorous album that was mixed by someone else and other people's vocals added.

Chef_YRD

6/10

Balance, Under , Trauma and BOD are better than this.

I repeat, this is TPAB on steroids..

but, everyone has their opinion.

Honestly this album is average to me but dudes would listen to a CD of dres bowel movements and literally be like "nobody drops shit like the doctor man" I'm mad disappointed with the way everyone talked about this album you'd think it would actually be worth the hype...like you said it's TPAB passed thru a dre filter "game changing" would be differing from the game not saying "I can do this too" to a bunch of young fans who are impressionable enough to probably be like "so THIS is where Kendrick got it from" I can't wait until I see the credits and see how much of this wasn't even him haha

And by the way quiks production is way more crisp and light you can see so much more in his instrumentals than with dres....you ever listen to a beat and try to imagine or describe what certain noises are? With quiks you can envision so much on this album it's just boring man all of dres stuff has been...under the influence and BOD were definitely better than this album IMO and so was 75% of midnight life
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Matty

funny thing is there are a couple of tracks on the last Quik LP that would be right at home on this - 'Shine' & 'That Getter'. tbh those instrumentals are much better than some of the stuff on here, like 'For The Love of Money'.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Are some of you old enough to remember when 2001 came out? It took some times for people to get on it because it wzs different from the previous work.

Screw 2001, imo.  Are people here old enough to remember when The Chronic came out?  It dropped and everybody immediately loved it and still do.  It was different from elif4zaggin and had artists that mainstream heads had never heard of before, and none of that mattered.  It was hella dope on the first listen and the 100th listen.  It didn't need to "sink in."  I don't know why people here always circle back to 2001 as if that was Dre's peak unless it's just an age thing.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:44:23 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

me1

it was fun anticipating the album but it's become less fun reading about how people want this or that. 

don't tell picasso how to paint is sage advice from dre.

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
Aside from the stream has the proper release leaked yet? I want to hear this with some fidelity.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
funny thing is there are a couple of tracks on the last Quik LP that would be right at home on this - 'Shine' & 'That Getter'. tbh those instrumentals are much better than some of the stuff on here, like 'For The Love of Money'.

Being that you have the album as your picture I must say....you're a real one for that...I love that getter I think it's the perfect example of a "trap" beat mixed with actual instrumentation and old school westcoast feel it's the quintessential quik old meets new record...I'm not a big shine fan tho that's the only track I really skip over on the album minus trapped on the track unless I'm in the car cuz then that beat is super dope...I'm not saying the new dre is bad it just wasn't as spectacular as everyone made it out to be when I hear a song like "that niggers crazy" ,"life jacket" ,"fuck all night","the conduct" they sound ahead of its time refreshing and game changing as far as the approach and being something I never heard before...I can't listen to most of the midnight life and say that sounds like "______'s record"
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2015, 10:19:31 AM »
Dat Eminem verse tho!!!  Daaaaaamn.  I couldn't sit through the whole album, just skimmed through it, but his verse sounds like it's the best on the album.

Only song I'm really liking is It's All On Me.  Good old school style music.  The rest of it is new school overproduced bullshit with too much singing.  No surprise.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Jay_J

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
Very average and disappointed. too much R and B and no track that hits you straight away like Still Dre.

Sounds like a Kendrick album. With Kenricks shit being succesful Dre must have thought he has to make shit like that in 2015 to be like.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »
Meeeh... Was expecting something more soulful. Hallf through the album... Too many stuff sounding like the mainstream rap that is floating around. Some songs would be OK on other's people album, but this doesnt feel like a Dre album to me. I was expecting a next-level west coast sounding album. And definitely not a game changer album like some artists have claimed.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."