Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49087 times)

WestWestYA

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK ONLY THE DOC ONLY THE DOC ONLY THE DOC Bitches can drop masterpieces.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK ONLY THE DOC ONLY THE DOC ONLY THE DOC Bitches can drop masterpieces.
CO-SIGN!
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Good to see early reviews on here have people showing support and not hating... I'm waiting to buy the real thing so I'm not rushing to stream
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Matty

the album is dope but i can't help but miss the melodies from dudes like mike elizondo and dawaun parker. all the groovy soulful stuff is ace, lots of old school influence, but some of the trap tempo ones aren't so amazing. digging the ice cube and 'satisfiction' as ones that could be singles! 8)

WestWestYA

I Just love the angry flow this album has. kinda like marshall mathers lp in its prime.

Blood$

fuck it, downloading it now... if these reviews are all accurate it sounds like I'll be buying it anyway

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
Heard the whole album... "It All Falls On Me" one of the best records I've heard in... ages

Matty

Dre 'I aint hearing nothing that I consider classic'.

i'm sure that doesn't include Kendrick's LPs.

Matty

Heard the whole album... "It All Falls On Me" one of the best records I've heard in... ages

'It's All On Me'?

definitely one of the best tracks, could have done with some more tunes like this. seemed like the JT dude came through, nice soulful track.

The_Offence

its a solid project but not a classic. the word classic  is thrown around way to freely these days..

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Thank You Dre!

All the vets delivered, Beats on Point, Album flows nicely.

Kinda have a dark feel to it, Love it!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:23:28 PM by geezy »
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

WestWestYA

Now Even this sounds dope hopefully its gets released as a bonus

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ar7kdQya5js" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ar7kdQya5js</a>

Blood$

Darkside Gone (Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)

I'm on this song right now and holy shit this is next level  :o  :firedevil:

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Album is full of GOOD SONGS. Bunch of good shit. This shit is probably better than 90% of the queer shit that's on today. BUT.....you have to be a fanboy to say this is a classic. This isn't 2001 or Chronic. It's missing the CLASSIC tracks. There isn't a standout BEAT. It isn't revolutionary. I was expecting this though, considering Dre didn't put his all in this. It didn;t really have the DR DRE signature/change the game type sound. It's isn't as consistent as his other shit. Still great album though. You can't hate on this. This is still better than most shit but it's half-assed compared to Dre's standards.

By the way, That Premier beat is SICK! Just wish Cube and Snoop spit on it.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Awesome album, I think I like it a bit more than 2001... (which had several stone-cold classic tracks, but also quite a few skippable tracks)
Not as great as The Chronic though, but I didn't expect it to be...

Best tracks, 10/10: "One Shot One Kill", "All In a Day’s Work", "Just Another Day", "Genocide"

Great tracks, 9/10: "Talking To My Diary", "Loose Cannons", "Issues"

Good tracks, 8/10: "Animals", "Darkside/Gone", "Deep Water", "For the Love of Money", "Satisfiction"

Didn't really like these tracks: "Medicine Man", "It’s All On Me", "Talk About It"