Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49044 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #615 on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
The Story Behind Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album (Two-Hour Interview)

Man that's depressing. These half-a-fags get that opportunity. It would've been dope as fuck seeing the cast of 2001 doing an interview like this. Imagine DOC, Snoop, Eminem, Kurupt, Six-Two, Mel-Man, Knoc-turn'al, Hittman, all doing a huge group interview about 2001.

Make that happen Skee!

Word. It would be so much doper to see the 2001 crew together.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #616 on: September 06, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »

It's embarrassing to watch all of these socially awkward and faggotish people to come together and say trite shit like "Thank God and Dr. Dre." So many of these people are obviously  uncomfortable on stage.

Focus and Cardiak are extremely dope producers. A lot of the other people on this stage suck fat dick, though.

The worst is Justus...what the fuck was Dre thinking working with this dude...A music video with them two together would be pure comedy.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sccit

« Reply #617 on: September 06, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »

It's embarrassing to watch all of these socially awkward and faggotish people to come together and say trite shit like "Thank God and Dr. Dre." So many of these people are obviously  uncomfortable on stage.

Focus and Cardiak are extremely dope producers. A lot of the other people on this stage suck fat dick, though.

The worst is Justus...what the fuck was Dre thinking working with this dude...A music video with them two together would be pure comedy.

His hooks were dope tho... Jus glad he wasn't rappin

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #618 on: September 06, 2015, 07:22:12 PM »

I recommend checking this site as well, while listening..
Lyrics, clarification on who says/sings what, references, annotations,  and background stories about tracks and quotes..  8)

good find

Dope anything good in the vid, or they're just sucking each others diccs for 2 hours

it's cool that Skee got them all together like that.... but just starting this so far and it does seem like a lot of "ra ra" cheerleading... but it's still worth watching and I think it will get better
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:24:00 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #619 on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »
Watching the Skee video and hearing all of these squares talk, I gotta say....

I don't think one bitch got fucked or one blunt got smoked during the making of this album...

Quik was prophesizing this shit when he said the lyric:

"I think Eazy-E is turning over in his grave
To see that some of y'all done made gangsta rap GAY"

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #620 on: September 06, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »

I don't think one bitch got fucked or one blunt got smoked during the making of this album...

Not one bitch got fucked? Not one blunt smoked? Oh man, then it can't be a good album! It's just not possible.

Also funny, you throw around the "faggot" stuff and the stuff about being Dre and company being too "politically correct" or whatever, I think it's hilarious. Perhaps you would prefer to listen to Rush Limbaugh? Or maybe go to a Donald Trump rally? Because you sure as shit sound more like those guys then you do any sane kind of human being.

If you are kidding yourself into think Tubesock Shucker would talking like you are these days (had he not been an idiot in '95 and '96 and gotten killed by being an absolute fool) then you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Grow up little man.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #621 on: September 07, 2015, 07:40:03 AM »

Actually you, and Quik do have a bit of point... that the whole shit did sound kind of technical, and like putting together an orchestra and Dre is the maestro or some shit... but that is kind of what Dre is these days.... It's not like the old Chronic days when they were smoking up pounds and pounds and really chillin and shit...... it is different....

...but there's more than one way to make great music.  I mean, orchestra's do produce great music, even though most the players are stiff nerds in suits and ties, I love some classical music like Pachebel's Canon or Found Harmonium, I like some stuff like that...

...so although i think Pac kind of had the right idea about catching the music in the moment, when the emotions are in their rawest form... dre has proved that great hip-hop can also be made through being a perfectionist and technically sound and taking no shorts
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jay_J

« Reply #622 on: September 07, 2015, 07:44:10 AM »
anybody likes to answer what is the sample playing at the end of "all in a days work" song? dont tell me about the booklet, its not written on it, its a sample from a song and i cant find it yet.

"Dream On" from Aerosmith? the same sample that Em used on "Sing For The Moment"?

which part of "dream on"? i can't catch which part, because i cant clearly hear the sample. can u tell?

MOBNigga06

« Reply #623 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »
Dre's aftermath crew: nerds, losers, fat chicks, weirdos, hipsters, middle-aged family men, one real nigga (Jon Conner), and one sexy bitch (Candace Pillay).

Comparing this crew to the collection of artists employed on Death Row at any moment in its existence....Suge Knight would be rolling in his grave, if he were dead.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #624 on: September 07, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
i bet 2pac was turnin in his grave when suge signed real nigga like tha realest  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:31:41 AM by bigpimpin20 »

MOBNigga06

« Reply #625 on: September 07, 2015, 09:41:19 AM »
Anyone else here get the impression that most of these people will never blow up and become real stars on their own? None of them have any real star power.

King Mez is just a hipster wannabe version of Kendrick or Iamsu. No charisma. Tries to seem "laid-back" but is just camera-shy.

Justus...what the fuck.

Anderson.Paak has the most unique voice and appearance of the group, and might develop a following with the teenage crowd. But I doubt that much enduring fame is ahead of him.

Asia Bryant...the most annoying person on the stage. Not very talented either.

Jon Connor is the only one with a realistic and credible personality. Not sure if he has the charisma needed to be a star though.

Candace Pillay could be a star if she shows her tits enough. And she's got a good voice.

Dre thinks he's a great judge of talent, and all of the people on the stage love to praise him for his unique apprehension of their abilities, but let's face it: Dre has allowed his success to delude him. His ability to detect talent has faded.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sccit

« Reply #626 on: September 07, 2015, 10:14:06 AM »
i mean, hittman, 6'2", ms roq, and knocturnal never blew up........but it still made for a classic album

outa the bunch, i like jon connor and anderson paak's potential.....and i dont see why a rapper like meek mill can be big an king mez cant. these new cats def fit in with todays rap.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:50:54 AM by Sccit »

me1

« Reply #627 on: September 07, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »
Anyone else here get the impression that most of these people will never blow up and become real stars on their own? None of them have any real star power.

King Mez is just a hipster wannabe version of Kendrick or Iamsu. No charisma. Tries to seem "laid-back" but is just camera-shy.

Justus...what the fuck.

Anderson.Paak has the most unique voice and appearance of the group, and might develop a following with the teenage crowd. But I doubt that much enduring fame is ahead of him.

Asia Bryant...the most annoying person on the stage. Not very talented either.

Jon Connor is the only one with a realistic and credible personality. Not sure if he has the charisma needed to be a star though.

Candace Pillay could be a star if she shows her tits enough. And she's got a good voice.

Dre thinks he's a great judge of talent, and all of the people on the stage love to praise him for his unique apprehension of their abilities, but let's face it: Dre has allowed his success to delude him. His ability to detect talent has faded.

Good lord, go bbq. Crack a beer. Push pause on your crusade

Jome

« Reply #628 on: September 07, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
Kinda amusing to see that the people who dislike Dre & the album the most, are making the most posts about it.

Also, is it a co-incidence that most of them are hardcore DJ Quik fans? Inferiority complex much? Or some sort of campaign?  :D

Jay_J

« Reply #629 on: September 08, 2015, 02:25:47 AM »
anybody likes to answer what is the sample playing at the end of "all in a days work" song? dont tell me about the booklet, its not written on it, its a sample from a song and i cant find it yet.

"Dream On" from Aerosmith? the same sample that Em used on "Sing For The Moment"?

i think you got me wrong. there is a vocal sample playing behind the beat, u can hear it clearly especially at the end of song. i'm asking about it. it's not "dream on"