Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49109 times)

So Much Style

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #675 on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
^ my exact thoughts sccit
So much style back at it again

doublee313

« Reply #676 on: September 24, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »
Sounds like Compton might not even go gold. It sank like the Titanic. Should have been himself on the album and would have sold millions.

They movie hyped it up and he sold 200k the first week...word got out the album wasn't true Dre and it's a flop. It's a fact. Sorry fellas. Dre fell off. Outside this forum it's been destroyed.

Hopefully he learns like he did with that Aftermath first album. His wife gave him the best advise then. Be yourself. He did and blew up again. I guess he needs to be reminded.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:03:10 PM by doublee313 »

AftermathBeats

« Reply #677 on: September 24, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
The Album Is Certified Gold in Australia and Silver in the UK so it Is not a Flop ! The Album was in over 80 Countries Number 1 , more than Chronic 2001!

CORREA

« Reply #678 on: September 24, 2015, 08:57:46 PM »
Sounds like Compton might not even go gold. It sank like the Titanic. Should have been himself on the album and would have sold millions.

lol not in 2015

Sccit

« Reply #679 on: September 24, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »
It's already gold witout any videos or singles

Will_B

« Reply #680 on: September 25, 2015, 03:28:13 AM »

lol not in 2015

If Dre had dropped something after Kush and INAD dropped, but that ship sailed my friend

jman91331

« Reply #681 on: September 25, 2015, 07:16:29 AM »
I don't care what it sold, I spent my $$$ on it & I enjoy it. All that matters to me. In contrast, Drake , Future's mixtape is selling like hotcakes. Does that mean it's a masterpiece or does it just mean they ar popular?

CORREA

« Reply #682 on: September 25, 2015, 07:21:33 AM »
I don't care what it sold, I spent my $$$ on it & I enjoy it. All that matters to me. In contrast, Drake , Future's mixtape is selling like hotcakes. Does that mean it's a masterpiece or does it just mean they ar popular?

it means a bunch of retards buying something only to fit in
a singing r&b diva meets a singing auto tune retard

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #683 on: September 30, 2015, 11:22:58 PM »
I must honestly admit, that after giving this album plenty of listens, that much of it is ahead of its time, indeed. I was worried that my early listens would be bias- and rightfully so- being a big Dr. Dre fan... I was just enjoying the music and hype, so I couldn't really critique objectively. Now; however, I can definitely see this as one day being revolutionary. Dre changed the game with his previous albums, an.d he'll do it again with this record. Sure, it'll take longer for this record to have an impact like that due to the lack of big stand-alone singles, as well as big featured guests (past and current). I've always believed that Dre/Aftermath/Interscope should have put more promo-marketing and effort behind this release (billboards/dvd/documentary-interviews...etc.), especially after waiting so long for this release- and being Dre's final LP. The hype should have been epic.

The sales are evidence of the lack of effort backing this record. I still can't believe Dre's highly anticipated final record hasn't even gone gold yet! VERY DISSAPOINTING, even with today's leakage and low sales.

Please elaborate what is so revolutionary about this album and how did change the game?

I said I could see how this could be revolutionary in hide site of the future.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #684 on: October 01, 2015, 01:57:25 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
does not really answer my question

Jay_J

« Reply #685 on: October 01, 2015, 02:16:20 AM »
stilll nobody knows whats that sample playing behind the beat at the end of "all in a days work" :(

Sccit

« Reply #686 on: October 01, 2015, 12:25:50 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JUST THE FACT THAT THIS ALBUM HAS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF BRIDGES AND BREAKDOWNS......THE BRIDGE IS A LOST ARTFORM IN THE CURRENT STATE OF HIP-HOP. IF THIS ALBUM WAS MARKETED MORE, HAD SINGLES, VIDEOS, ETC. YOU'D SEE THE COMMERCIAL ARTISTS GRAVITATING TOWARDS THIS FORMULA. IT'S SIMPLY NOT BEIN PUSHED ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE THAT IT HAS POTENTIAL TO.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #687 on: October 01, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JUST THE FACT THAT THIS ALBUM HAS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF BRIDGES AND BREAKDOWNS......THE BRIDGE IS A LOST ARTFORM IN THE CURRENT STATE OF HIP-HOP. IF THIS ALBUM WAS MARKETED MORE, HAD SINGLES, VIDEOS, ETC. YOU'D SEE THE COMMERCIAL ARTISTS GRAVITATING TOWARDS THIS FORMULA. IT'S SIMPLY NOT BEIN PUSHED ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE THAT IT HAS POTENTIAL TO.

whats "bridges and breakdowns"?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:35:44 PM by bigpimpin20 »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #688 on: October 01, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ya that's right my mufuccin ficca.......... num sayin................. i'm feeling way depressed right now dat diss album ain't blown, but other rapperz is eatin, like dat fool drake chartin highter than the Dr. dats a tragedy worse den da mufuccin 2000 election ya digg.... cause when billy waz in office shit was movin, ya heard... and then shit stopped movin and da game folded up cause fools turned dey lives into artificial prisons, so much damn security when we shud be opening up and showing love and dats on the realz my ficca....

i mean dre done gone next level with this shit, something ain't nobody ever done before and niccaz is turnin day headz and ain't showing no love... dat would be like Jordan comin back to da Bulls in 96' and nobody showin up to the gamez... that's unheard of...

it really takes a mufucka like Em to remind mufuckaz again dat dey forgot about Dre but that song is already done... So Paaak done put his heart and soul into these records to make this shit pop, and same wit King Mez and all dem niccaz done really put soul into dis one, Justus included, and Dre had the fire back and all that... he was comin from the heart ya dig... on tracks like "All On Me" and "Dayz Work", or "Diary" Dre really speakin da real like never before, it ain't 40z Bluntz and Bitches but some shit dat real dudes like your boy Infinite walkin the block in these jeans and these sneakers num sayin I really feel that shit, ya dig...

But ain't nobody giving a fucc and it's really starting to depress me num sayin, the world need to wake up... and it take a player like Dre from back in the day to remind us of what we once were and what we can be again, and he put that heart and that believe in these kids like Conner, and that South African bitch and all of dem, those kids put their all into this shit cause Dre made them believe in themselves, and he put that same heart that him and Eazy used to put into it, he was rekindling that flame, ya dig...

but.. naw.. niccaz ain't want that... niccaz wanna be buying up this Drake album or whatever the fucc else I saw on the charts ahead of Dre and it ain't even about no mufucckin single and all that ya dig... cause NWA ain't need no single num sayin... mufuckaz got two ears but got no heart... fact of the matter is I was even talkin to some buckweed ass ficca da other day and hes a DJ and saying he a fan of Dre but that he ain't checked out the album yet.. Now what the fucc is that??? How the fucc you ain't on da block da first day to go and cop that shit is beyond me... cause a nicca like Infinite been waiting for 15 years for this shit, please believeit...

I knew Dre was the truth from the moment I saw him put on Snoop, that whoever the dude was behind Snoop that dude was the truth... and to be honest I actually thought they were a rap group when I was a kid... and then everyone wants to forget that it was Dre who really put Pac on big in 96', cause it was Dre who made Suge look like a genius and made Pac believe in Suge and believe in Death Row and "California Love" had the whole world believing... not to take anything away from Pac he's the GOAT rapper but when it comes to producing Dre is the GOAT

But what really drove it home for me was seeing Dre on the cover of the Source in 96', taking that bold and daring move and stepping out on his own, when nobody really saw it coming at that time, unless you were a true insider didn't nobody see that shit coming... and suddenly he's stepping away from the label he created that was on top of the world at the time and leaving with nothing!!  I mean that shit was mind blowing, but Dre was talking about how peace of mind was more important than anything else, than any money or anything, just like he said in the movie..

AND YET YOU GOT GOAT MOUTH MUFUCKAZ LIKE THAT BUCKDANCER RADIO PERSONALITY CHARLEMAGNE TALKIN SHIT ABOUT THAT MOVIE ENDING CALLING IT CORNY AND THAT SHIT REALLY GOT ME HEATED THAT JUST SHOWED HE DON"T KNOW WHAT THE FUCC HE TALKING ABOUT SO WHY ARE MUFUCKAZ PUTTIN MICROPHONES IN THAT DUDES FUCKIN FACE THATS WHATS WRONG WIT THE WORLD AND WrONG WIT HIP-HOP WHO THE FUCC IS CHARLEMAGNE TO CALL SOMETHING DRE DID CORNY AND SPEAK ON THE NWA MOVIE LIKE THAT FUCC DAT MUFUCAKAAA

I swear on my life man there are so many bitches today man, it makes a ficca like Infinite just wanna go back to 96' man.. I don't even want this shit.. the only reason I'm still walking these streets is because I am counter-culture like a mufucka and literally live on my own fuccin island away from the rest of the world in my own fuccin world where some dayz it is still 96' (pre-Sept. 13th) and I still got Dre bumpin in my headphones

and this past August and September was one of the most challenging periods of my entire life and Dre got me through I mean his album literally came out right as I was transitioning into something that was totally foriegn to me on so many levels and walking that tightrope where one fuckup and ain't no trampoline underneathe just a ficca like Infinite cold on the pavement or a ficca like Infinite in a st8 jacket... but it was Dre's new album COMPTON that kept my head st8 in those times when I didn't have nothing but my head phones and this nicca Eazy askin for his car back homie!!!

ANd if you can't hear a mutherfuckin EXPLOSION!! when Dre enters the building on "TALK ABOUT IT" an EXPLOSION larger than the bombz of Heroshima and Nagasaki then you can't hear hip-hop music and you can't hear with your heart and your dick size is seriously in question.. and that is on the mutherfuckin realz... only ones gettin passes on that shit is bitches, but if you a MAN and you fuccin with Drake and you ain't heard Dre's album then it's you that killed hip-hop, and I put that on 1996 and that's just keeping it not 100 but keepin it 360 because I done revolved many times... Dre's revolved around now 4 decades of changing the game!! 4 fuckin decades this legend has put the game on his back, from NWA to Death Row to Dre 2001 and now COMPTON and MUTHERFUCKAZ CAN"T SHOW MORE LOVE!!! 

On the realz fucc everyone, fucc all ya'll.. you and you and you in the corner to, and if you got something to say make sure there is something you wanna do....CAUSE what is happening now is a crime against the game and crime against humanity the fact this album ain't platinum and these songs are not in heavy rotation on every station is a fuccin travesty on the largest of scales and only Anderson Orlando could be capable of such a thing when he singlehandedly put out 2pac's flame, but this is a crime that is so pervasive that it's taking millions of people turning their backs on Dre and all he's done for hip-hop man I just can't fathom

INFINITE HAS SPOKEN!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

midwestryder

« Reply #689 on: October 01, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

They movie hyped it up and he sold 200k the first week...word got out the album wasn't true Dre and it's a flop. It's a fact. Sorry fellas. Dre fell off. Outside this forum it's been destroyed.

Hopefully he learns like he did with that Aftermath first album. His wife gave him the best advise then. Be yourself. He did and blew up again. I guess he needs to be reminded.

It is fact Compton did not sank like the Titanic.. Should have been himself on the album ?  How do you know DR dre was not himself on the album . who are you to say . True DRe ?  there is not such thing as true dre  & how do you know it was not true Dre.    every person evolves & grows .  who said Dr dre did not evolve & grow . so if Dr dre did evolve & grow then Compton is real Dre album .  Compton was dope project . it seems you guys are too stuck in the past & the 90's .