Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49030 times)

Blood$

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #720 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »
Dre just released Lyric video for Talk About it featuring King Mez and Justus. http://justwhookid.com/2015/10/05/dr-dre-releases-lyric-video-for-talk-about-it/

Dre soundin like a weirdo. Not a Dre worthy track.  :grumpy:

what exactly is Dre supposed to sound like at age 50?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #721 on: October 06, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
Dre just released Lyric video for Talk About it featuring King Mez and Justus. http://justwhookid.com/2015/10/05/dr-dre-releases-lyric-video-for-talk-about-it/

Just his normal voice and flow.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Blood$

« Reply #722 on: October 06, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »

and what exactly is his normal voice and flow? the one that he had in 1999?

Sccit

« Reply #723 on: October 06, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »

this track is a grower. managed to hear the album on a 'proper' sound system recently and that one was bumping. would like to see a proper visual. Justus hook is easily the nicest bit, best parts are the outro and 'fuck you fuck you and you on the corner too'.

bet u fux wit the whole album if u listen 2 it wit an open mind

Sccit

« Reply #724 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »

when i first heard it, i too thought dre sounded different....i actually thought dre was the first rapper on the track and it fucked me up. but after havin the album in proper rotation, dre really doesnt sound that much different...still got the signature voice, jus different writers for an evolution in the flow. but it still sounds like dre.

Jome

« Reply #725 on: October 06, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »

this track is a grower. managed to hear the album on a 'proper' sound system recently and that one was bumping. would like to see a proper visual. Justus hook is easily the nicest bit, best parts are the outro and 'fuck you fuck you and you on the corner too'.

bet u fux wit the whole album if u listen 2 it wit an open mind

Word.. my brother first heard it at work on them small ass Music Angel portable speakers with no bass.. not impressed.
Then I let him hear it in Dr.Dre Beats Studio 2.0 headphones and in the Beemer with Harman Kardon system.. minds were blown.  8)

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #726 on: October 07, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »
I still listen to this album almost every day - shit is classic.  I don't get all the complaints about it.  Before Compton came out, I was listening to Crack a Bottle -

"I'll be damned, just fucked around and crashed my Benz.
Driving around with a smashed front end
Let's cash that one in.
Grab another one from out the stable
The Monte Carlo, El Camino or the El Dorado
The hell if I know.
Do I want leather seats or vinyl?
Decisions, decisions
Garage looks like Precision Collision."

Just glad DRE didn't come out and rap about his low-riders and blunts anymore - he's on some grown man shit.  I think people are missing the KUSH tracks but Dre is 50 mayne... doesn't need to rap about that stuff.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #727 on: October 07, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »

Yes, but you don't have to go back that far though. He still sounded more normal on the corny, not Dre worthy track "I Need a Doctor"

Blood$

« Reply #728 on: October 07, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »

Yes, but you don't have to go back that far though. He still sounded more normal on the corny, not Dre worthy track "I Need a Doctor"

now you're reaching lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #729 on: October 07, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »
haven't really said much since release, but honestly, this album is a huge letdown. i knew people would be getting upset and catchings feelings on both side for this one. i see dre's got a lot of fans regardless and it isn't bad by current day standards, it's not the shit i can vibe with fully. 2001 is much more enjoyable and while this is meant to be a harder, angsty cityscape, it just hasn't got the kind of groove i associate with dre's sound. his input seems to be more in more in the mixing etc. grand finale my ass. any version of detox woulda been more refreshing than this, i feel. but oh well.

it looks like he's working on some new stuff now, maybe a more west coast (west west) project? i hope he doesn't go out with 'Compton'. if detox could come back it would be great, but don't particularly wanna hear any more of the Compton sound. he should get back with the cats like dawaun parker.

fair enough, the sound didn't fit me the first time i heard the album.
i can enjoy some of the album now, but the vocal production could be much better.
and i don't like the south imitation and the weird voice effects, dre should know better

I agree about the vocals they sound off to me as well...the beats are dope I don't hear much southern influence though
you're right, i should have added that i'm mainly referring to Talk about it.

I still listen to this album almost every day - shit is classic.  I don't get all the complaints about it.  Before Compton came out, I was listening to Crack a Bottle -

Let's cash that one in.
The hell if I know.
Decisions, decisions

Just glad DRE didn't come out and rap about his low-riders and blunts anymore - he's on some grown man shit.  I think people are missing the KUSH tracks but Dre is 50 mayne... doesn't need to rap about that stuff.

fair enough, but vocally he sounds better on crack a bottle than on most of the Compton album

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #730 on: October 07, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »

Dre soundin like a weirdo. Not a Dre worthy track.  :grumpy:

now you're reaching lol

Why? On "I Need a Doctor" he sounds like the classic deep voiced Dre. And he's not trying to be creative/different with his rapping.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:26:31 PM by Westcoastfanatic »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #731 on: October 07, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
haven't really said much since release, but honestly, this album is a huge letdown. i knew people would be getting upset and catchings feelings on both side for this one. i see dre's got a lot of fans regardless and it isn't bad by current day standards, it's not the shit i can vibe with fully. 2001 is much more enjoyable and while this is meant to be a harder, angsty cityscape, it just hasn't got the kind of groove i associate with dre's sound. his input seems to be more in more in the mixing etc. grand finale my ass. any version of detox woulda been more refreshing than this, i feel. but oh well.

it looks like he's working on some new stuff now, maybe a more west coast (west west) project? i hope he doesn't go out with 'Compton'. if detox could come back it would be great, but don't particularly wanna hear any more of the Compton sound. he should get back with the cats like dawaun parker.

fair enough, the sound didn't fit me the first time i heard the album.
i can enjoy some of the album now, but the vocal production could be much better.
and i don't like the south imitation and the weird voice effects, dre should know better

I agree about the vocals they sound off to me as well...the beats are dope I don't hear much southern influence though
you're right, i should have added that i'm mainly referring to Talk about it.

Let's cash that one in.
The hell if I know.
Decisions, decisions

fair enough, but vocally he sounds better on crack a bottle than on most of the Compton album

no problem, I can definitely see the influence on that one track...I agree about his vocals they sounded better in the past but he is 50 years old so I understand...I dont particularly care for the guests featured, not really impressive when you think about it although Em was very decent on his song

Blood$

« Reply #732 on: October 07, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »

now you're reaching lol

Why? On "I Need a Doctor" he sounds like the classic deep voiced Dre. And he's not trying to be creative/different with his rapping.

and he doesn't sound like 'classic deep voiced' Dre on "It's All On Me", "All In A Day's Work", "Gone", "Issues", "For The Love Of Money", and "Talking To My Diary", amongst others?

"I Need A Doctor" is such a shit song that it shouldn't have even been brought up in this thread lol one of those songs you wish you could just erase away from music as a whole

CORREA

« Reply #733 on: October 07, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »

now you're reaching lol

cause that was years ago retard
all dre is trying do is sound modern and he did a good job different ghost writers different styles
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:13:40 PM by the relavant one »

CORREA

« Reply #734 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »

now you're reaching lol

"I Need A Doctor" is such a shit song that it shouldn't have even been brought up in this thread lol one of those songs you wish you could just erase away from music as a whole

only in the eyes of teenage white girls/boys who don't know hip-hop loved it :D