Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 48794 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Album sucks for me. I dont play it.

Sccit

lol i still remember u texted me when u first heard it "this album is incredible in my beats by dre fam!!"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Production value it has...replay value for me it didn't. On good speakers it is pretty grand sounding.

Fiona Apple has a brilliantly produced album or two. dont listen to those either.

Sccit

Fiona Apple go hard on some beats by dre tho

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

lol i still remember u texted me when u first heard it "this album is incredible in my beats by dre fam!!"

8)
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
This album was probably the last time i used my beats by dre headphones.

Aftermath213

Still listen to this one at least once a week. Best songs for me are Talk About It, Animals, and Talking to my Diary.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Satisfiction is the winner for me

Westcoastfanatic

Still cant listen to more than 10 seconds because of Dre sounding like a weirdo trying to rap like Kendrick. It makes me laugh and smh when he raps like that. So unnatural and awkward. And his productions not that epic anymore too. And way too much corny poppy singing.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

Still cant listen to more than 10 seconds because of Dre sounding like a weirdo trying to rap like Kendrick. It makes me laugh and smh when he raps like that. So unnatural and awkward. And his productions not that epic anymore too. And way too much corny poppy singing.

I felt dres rappin on the album was weird af when i first heard it, but the more I listened to it, the more u get used to it. Not the first time dre changed his style, 2001 had dre rappin a buncha Eminem style flows.. It comes wit the territory of depending on writers to write your shit,

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Thats pretty much what kills it for me...when hes not doing that it sounds like hes literally rapping through clenched teeth. I understand hes a tough guy...mr nwa but cmon fam.

Matty

everything from the sonics to the vocal production is meant to fit with the whole aggressive, angry vibe.

but it's like the best chef in the world cooks you an indian dish and you don't like curry. and even if you did he's using these weird ingredients that make your stomach turn. i can appreciate the artistry but this is a giant flop coming from dre. i know he set impossible standards to live up to with 2001, but most of his earlier productions are so much better than this.

Portugoal

I finally got the album like a month ago. The album's decent -don't get me wrong-, but from Dr. Dre you expect an album to be 8/10 or better.

Animals is the standout track for me. Talk About It has also been on repeat a lot.

Compton does not have a lot of replay value and often times the raps sound forced. The last song should have been the highlight of the album, but to me it sounds like a song from a great artist who shows that he lost his passion for music a long time ago.