Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16354 times)

WestWestYA

Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #375 on: August 06, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »
i wouldn't mind hearing another album or 2 from dre as long as newer artists and some good vets step up and production is on point like this here

wish Nipsey Hussle and jay rock were on this i cant think of anymore at the moment
Also me wishes freddie gibbs, dom kennedy, RJ, skeme, yg, e-40 was on it. but oh well.

jaytee

« Reply #376 on: August 06, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
A lot of people were crying about who wasn't on the album and all this other stuff, but I hope that it was a pleasant surprise for them.

It was definitely in a different direction than his past work, but I think that is what allowed it to come together the way that it did.  The legend of Detox and all of its expectations quickly outgrew any chance that he could have possibly had in delivering something that satisfied everyone.  

As previously mentioned, Dre came out re-energized, rejuvenated and confident.  He was having fun on the record.  I like his classic flow and delivery (from the past) as much as anybody, but it's all good for him to let loose and switch it up.  It's good to see Jon Connor get some love.  I became a fan of his when I first heard him a couple of years ago.  He's going to come hard on whatever track he's on and It's great that he got to showcase himself on this.  Game, X, Snoop on One Shot, One Kill, Cube, Kendrick was Kendrick, Premier's collab and so on.  They came correct and blessed the Doc with motivated performances.

I know that he said this was his "Grand Finale," but he's still got some music life in him imo.  The monkey is off of his back with regards to the public pressure and the feedback has been positive.

Will it have the impact of his previous 2 albums?  That remains to be seen, but it's a great overall effort imo.  With the state that music is in and has been in, you can't ask for much more than that imo.

me1

« Reply #377 on: August 06, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »
I know this album isn't about K.Dot and Drake and beef and all that, but you gotta love the shots fired...

"You scared of my heist now/But still I got enemies giving me energy/I wanna fight now/Subliminals sending me all of this hate/I thought I was holding the mic down"

"They liable to bury him/They nominated six to carry him/They worry him to death but he no vegetarian/The beef is on his breath inheritin' the drama better than a Great White/Nigga, this is life in my aquarium!"

"Feel's like you're drowning, don't you?/About a hundred miles down in that ocean/It's over, shoulda never jumped in/If you can't swim (if you can't swim, if you can't swim)/Oh my God, where's a life guard when you need one?"

"Motherfucker know I started from the bottom."

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #378 on: August 06, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »
Nice to hear the good DOC on the real.  Being honest with Eminem and the like.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #379 on: August 06, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »
That whole garbage album is in youtube...

Ha. At least Dre is still around and able to make an album. And didn't get killed for being an immature idiot.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »
I know this album isn't about K.Dot and Drake and beef and all that, but you gotta love the shots fired...

"You scared of my heist now/But still I got enemies giving me energy/I wanna fight now/Subliminals sending me all of this hate/I thought I was holding the mic down"

"They liable to bury him/They nominated six to carry him/They worry him to death but he no vegetarian/The beef is on his breath inheritin' the drama better than a Great White/Nigga, this is life in my aquarium!"

"Feel's like you're drowning, don't you?/About a hundred miles down in that ocean/It's over, shoulda never jumped in/If you can't swim (if you can't swim, if you can't swim)/Oh my God, where's a life guard when you need one?"

Now I gotta listen again to catch them.

Game-Won

« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
Album is good.

The Game kills the track on here. - Game is going in this year, think his album will top this.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2015, 10:25:01 PM »
INNNNNCREDIBLE. :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »

Okay, never sound like disses to Drake. After a few listens it just sound like verses.

'EclipZe

« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2015, 11:49:16 PM »
After the first two songs I was a bit sceptical... but I am halfway through right now and it gets better and better... Loose cannons is the shit! Will have to finish it and listen to it once more to form a final review.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #385 on: August 07, 2015, 12:23:17 AM »
That Eminem verse on Medicine Man is just overkill hahah... go fuck yourself!

Jay_J

« Reply #386 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:44 AM »
it's funny no hits on the album :) and you call it doctor is back?

i can't believe dre ended his legacy with this garbage.

i go to sleep guys.

i'm so dissapointed.

wtf is wrong with u the album dont sound 90s to you? :D

no dude, im not expecting 90s sound. it just an album bunch of a few good songs. its not a classic. if it's not a classic from dre, it means garbage to me.

Jay_J

« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:36 AM »
THIS CEY_CEY DUDE IS TRIPPIN, BUT HE WAS HATIN BEFORE HE EVEN HEARD IT...U CAN TELL HE WENT INTO IT WANTING NOT TO LIKE IT.

GIVE IT SOME TIME, PLAYA.....OFF TOP, I CAN TELL U THERE ARE INDEED SOME TIMELESS GEMS ON THERE.

yes i was hating before i even heard it, honestly, it's better than i expected and it's not a classic or bananas as i guessed. as i said, i remember when i first listen to 2001, i remember my feelings, i remember how my hairs on my arms got straight when i hear beats. this shit is just an album to make money with the wind of movie. do y'all guys think does it fit to dre's legacy? chronic>>>2001<<<<comton? i think last piece doesn't fit to puzzle.