Author Topic: Ice Cube not good at keeping friends  (Read 493 times)

OG Filthy Wimp

Ice Cube not good at keeping friends
« on: August 17, 2015, 03:19:35 AM »
When it comes to burning bridges, O’Shea Jackson may be the most accomplished hip-hop artist in the history of the music. It seems as if everyone who has ever had even the slightest involvement with him on a professional level has either gone on to record a diss song about him or made a series of angry Facebook posts filled with furious anger. Is Ice Cube really the “modern day Jerry Heller” as his former musical partner Sir Jinx insisted during a now deleted series of venomous status updates which implied that Cube continued to exploit musicians and actors working in his movies all in the name of pinching pennies?

NWA

The shots that Ren, Dre and Eazy fired at Cube on the EP and album after he left were laughably weak, especially in comparison to the verbal slaughter that was ‘No Vaseline.’ Lucky for them that the beats were incredible enough to carry the show.

Kam

This dude had a hilarious song about how white gals smelt like dogs when their hair gets wet on his first album. Things went bad between these two after Kam’s album tanked, then his dude Solo got into a fight with Cube while driving around and took his ‘Westside’ chain. Then Kam dropped ‘Whoop Whoop’ with DJ Pooh, which contained gems such as:

“Like the “W” you took from me nigga stand for Watts, tryin’ to say it stand for yo group/
But like Toucan Sam, Kam can always smell a Fruit Loop”

DJ Pooh

According to some message board gossip, aka Internets Gospel:

“Cube was runnin around in interviews sayin he wrote all of the movie Friday…which of course was co-written by Pooh, which led up to Pooh co-signing [Kam’s] ‘Whoop Whoop’ track”

King Sun:

Helped Cube and his crew out when they got into a brawl with Above The Law at the NMS, sent Cube some demos and had the hook to ‘Wicked’ ripped off as a result. Cube later admitted that he took the hook and gave zero fucks.

Del tha Funkee Homosapien

Cube’s cousin Del didn’t so much beef with O’Shea as hurt the big fella’s feelings when he branched out with his Hiero crew:

“Looking back, Del, now in his late thirties, admits he could have handled the going solo thing a little better. “It came out in magazines and stuff — the interviews,” he says. “I was young, so I didn’t have no sense. When [Ice Cube] read it, and it didn’t come out of my mouth, he was hurt. He was like, ‘Man, you didn’t like what we did? I thought you liked it.’ And I did like it. It was just that I wanted to do something else.”

Sir Jinx

Ice Cube and Frank Ocean should do a song together call f****** n******

— SirJinx Producer/ DJ (@SIRJINX) September 17, 2014

Mack 10

They had a falling out over Cube’s brother-in-law talking shit to the former Mr. T-Boz, but since this is the guy that Lonnie shut down by simply referring to as ‘Wack 10′ who really gives two shits.

Maulkie

This dude was from DJ Yella‘s failed side-project, Yomo & Maulkie, and was brought in to replace J-Dee after he got sent away. Considering J-Dee was the only guy who had any business rapping on the first Lench Mob LP, this was not a good look. Once their second LP failed to match the sales of the first one, Street Knowledge Productions left them all for dead.

Shorty

According to this interview with Davey-D:

“Brother was never a street dude man,” he said. “He would never let nobody see him out of character. Hear me? He would always be in character when you see him.” “We made it comfortable for Cube to go to these states man. Because, now they seeing tattoos all over my back. They seeing J-Dee’s tattoos. They like damn. Keep in mind, everyone hear about Crips and Bloods, but damn, when you like in Oklahoma or in fucking Nebraska, they up front close talking to a Crip…It’s like damn. These Lench Mob niggaz is real.”

J-Dee

Ice Cube’s former right-hand man went on to serve 20 years in jail for murder.

JDee: The only person out of Da Lench Mob who’s been a constant support system is Shorty. Ice Cube and T-Bone
haven’t even sent a brothar a birthday card or a book of stamps. I cannot understand this shit at all. Ice Cube hasn’t answered my letters or calls in over 10 yrs. He loaned me $1,000 in 1998 and told my
mother that that was all he’d planned to do for me.

T-Bone

The third original member of Da Lench Mob also copped a murder charge for shooting a dude at a bowling alley but eventually beat the case. No doubt he got a raw deal like the rest of the crew. According to J-Dee:

“T-Bone, personally, has never liked me. He experienced the same thing in regards to being falsely accused of murder, but he was acquitted after being given $77,000 for an attorney, and $1.5 million for bail. This was provided to him in exchange for him breaking up the group. At least this is what I was told.”

Cypress Hill

Another demo rip-off, as Cube jacked the hook from an early version of ‘Throw Your Set In The Air’ for the title cut to the Friday soundtrack. This resulted in a hilarious song from Cypress claiming that Ice Cube shaved his afro off while on tour with the crew in Australia because he was jocking B-Real so hard.

Kausion

Not to be confused with teh ghey rapper Caushun. According to this Geocities page:

“They left Lench Mob Records because Ice Cube allegedly cheated them out of their royalties and ever since they haven’t made much noise in the rap game. Gonzoe became friends with Tupac before his death and was given the alias Young Ritzy Outlaw.”

K-Dee

"Honestly I don't know why we stopped talking" K-Dee 2014

Mr. Short Khop

Sounds like things didn’t pan out for this dude since he wasn’t down with whatever deal Cub put on the table for him. In Mr. Jackson’s own words:

“I don’t deal with Mr Short Khop no more, Short Khop chose to go with the co-owner of Heavyweight and I don’t deal with that dude no more. A lot of people cant keep up with me man. You gotta keep up, stay at the top of your game, be smart. You lose any of them I can’t slow down for you, I gotta leave you I’m sorry.”
SO THERE I WAS EATING A BURGER AND FRIES WITH SUGE KNIGHT....

doggfather

Re: Ice Cube not good at keeping friends
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:27:42 AM »
He got wc still 87 i guess.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

MOBNigga06

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »
Hilarious post. I know a lot of people who are like Ice Cube. This kind of antisocial, greedy behavior is common in people who marry young and have kids. They start to justify their unscrupulousness by rationalizing to themselves "I got a family to feed, fuck these other people." I've actually heard Cube say this very sort of line in an interview, and it's an absurd one for a multi-millionaire to be spouting, since it's not like the loss of a few thousand dollars at this moment is going to inflict starvation on his children.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
it's the music business, not friendship

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:35:43 AM »
Not to be that guy, but Cube is where he is because he's a bit of an asshole. You don't get to the top from SCLA by being a nice guy. He's a dick. And the only people who rekindled that friendship are fellow dicks (Dr. Dre) or those needed for reunions at later dates (MC Ren and DJ Yella).

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »
it's the music business, not friendship

Exactly

MOBNigga06

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 01:06:54 PM »
It's true that you can't make it in the music business without alienating a few people along the way, but what did Cube really gain from most of these beefs? Most of them didn't do much for his career, with the exception of alienating NWA and Jerry Heller.

It's possible to succeed without making so many enemies along the way. Look at E-40. He's loved by damn near the whole industry and he's good at maintaining his relationships. Sure, he's not as successful as Cube, but he's been a multi-millionaire for decades. I doubt he'd be more successful if he decided suddenly to beef with all his homeboys.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
I don't think he really wanted beef with all these people. But as he's moving forward, I think he just didn't care who got left behind. Some of those beefs, like Cypress Hill, Cypress Hill and DJ Pooh, could have been avoided; and some are just moving on and people feeling salty like J Dee and Del.

This quote fits well... “I don’t deal with Mr Short Khop no more, Short Khop chose to go with the co-owner of Heavyweight and I don’t deal with that dude no more. A lot of people cant keep up with me man. You gotta keep up, stay at the top of your game, be smart. You lose any of them I can’t slow down for you, I gotta leave you I’m sorry.”

Now, as for those on Lench Mob Records, what's funny is that when he left NWA, this was his group. But he was so heavy with NWA, you think he really gave a f*** about these guys. He was looking to screw them as much as Heller tried to screw him. These dudes were used to back him up and get him access in places that Eazy use to get him access to. He used these dudes, and it's sad. He needed real dudes, and knew of some guys that can hook him up. But at the end of the day, these were not the guys who he came up with. When a guy more famous than you tries to get you on because he needs you, you have to be really suspicious of him.

What I want to know about Sir Jinx is what happened? Last I checked, he was cool with Dre and Cube. Even working with them again. So what happened? Of all the beefs, that one actually surprised me. 'Cause of all the dudes came up with, they ain't on this list, and Pooh and him was really cool on Dre's radio show. So I'm confused.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »
since he's mentioned in here I just so happened to find 2 Kam albums for $12 today, never ever seen his shit in stores  8)

Desert Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »
Hilarious post. I know a lot of people who are like Ice Cube. This kind of antisocial, greedy behavior is common in people who marry young and have kids. They start to justify their unscrupulousness by rationalizing to themselves "I got a family to feed, fuck these other people." I've actually heard Cube say this very sort of line in an interview, and it's an absurd one for a multi-millionaire to be spouting, since it's not like the loss of a few thousand dollars at this moment is going to inflict starvation on his children.

lol. excactly +1