Author Topic: Straight Outta Compton - The Movie (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2220 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: Straight Outta Compton - The Movie (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 08:06:11 PM »
Eazy use to talk to Dre all the time eazy brought dre a house that was on the same estate
as eazy and jerry. eazy use to talk to the D.O.C all the time eazy was trying to get the D.O.C back
on ruthless cause suge wasn't giving D.O.C nothing. also eazy had made up with cube when
they both did a cameo for chris rocks cb4 film them meeting at the tunnel isn't where they squashed the beef.

and i noticed dre is hard as nails in this film for some reason he knocks out like 3 people in this film
and lol at snoop standing up to suge when he 1st meets him like that would happen. also eazy didn't need to downgrade his house
thats bullshit he was making money of dre ffs! dj quik will confirm how rich eazy was.

Yeah, that shit about Eazy downgrading his house didn't seem believable to me. The whole storyline with life for Eazy "going downhill" after the gang split up seemed wrong. They show him get beat up by Suge, cheated by Jerry, and downgrading his house like his life was really getting bad. What they don't show is IT'S ON going 2x Platinum! Of course the nigga was rich as fuck...he had all of NWA's money!
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
Why wasn't HWA in the movie?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 11:44:18 PM »
Eazy use to talk to Dre all the time eazy brought dre a house that was on the same estate
as eazy and jerry. eazy use to talk to the D.O.C all the time eazy was trying to get the D.O.C back
on ruthless cause suge wasn't giving D.O.C nothing. also eazy had made up with cube when
they both did a cameo for chris rocks cb4 film them meeting at the tunnel isn't where they squashed the beef.

and i noticed dre is hard as nails in this film for some reason he knocks out like 3 people in this film
and lol at snoop standing up to suge when he 1st meets him like that would happen. also eazy didn't need to downgrade his house
thats bullshit he was making money of dre ffs! dj quik will confirm how rich eazy was.

Yeah, that shit about Eazy downgrading his house didn't seem believable to me. The whole storyline with life for Eazy "going downhill" after the gang split up seemed wrong. They show him get beat up by Suge, cheated by Jerry, and downgrading his house like his life was really getting bad. What they don't show is IT'S ON going 2x Platinum! Of course the nigga was rich as fuck...he had all of NWA's money!

plus Bone... their first EP went at least Gold lol

abusive

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »
I think they point the movie was trying to show was that Jerry was robbing him to the point where he was going broke.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VvKDwjg2eJQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VvKDwjg2eJQ</a>
^Bizzy wanted some of that sweet nectar rolling down his cheeks too!
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
I think they point the movie was trying to show was that Jerry was robbing him to the point where he was going broke.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VvKDwjg2eJQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VvKDwjg2eJQ</a>
^Bizzy wanted some of that sweet nectar rolling down his cheeks too!

Yeah, I think that was the point the movie tried to make, but is it actually true? Was Eazy ever even close to being broke in the 90s? I would imagine that he made so much money off NWA that he was set for life. Plus he had plenty of money coming in with other Ruthless releases.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »
Movie was corny af..but it was aite.
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Blood$

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
I just saw it again for a second time last night... just as good as the first viewing

I did notice the "Dre Day" plaque in the studio near the end of the movie so maybe the director's cut will touch on the Dre/Eazy beef post-N.W.A... I also realized that was indeed supposed to be Warren G introducing Snoop, guy sounds just like Warren lol I was more faded the first time I peeped it so that went right past me

Westdog

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:03 PM »
Dope movie.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

dnjp4life

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 01:31:58 AM »
Caught the film the other day and was really impressed with how it turned out.  All of the main actors were very convincing in their portrayal of the group.  I thought Paul Giamatti in particular was very good playing Jerry Heller, so much so that you sort of end up liking him for what he did for N.W.A in getting them the opportunities that they had in the beginning.  The actor who played Eazy E I thought did a brilliant job too.
Glad that they showed The D.O.C's influence in the group, also I'm assuming that was meant to be OFTB at the end with Suge?
Aside from a couple of mistakes that only hardcore fans would spot, it was pretty much everything I wanted from the film.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2015, 04:45:33 AM »
Caught the film the other day and was really impressed with how it turned out.  All of the main actors were very convincing in their portrayal of the group.  I thought Paul Giamatti in particular was very good playing Jerry Heller, so much so that you sort of end up liking him for what he did for N.W.A in getting them the opportunities that they had in the beginning.  The actor who played Eazy E I thought did a brilliant job too.
Glad that they showed The D.O.C's influence in the group, also I'm assuming that was meant to be OFTB at the end with Suge?
Aside from a couple of mistakes that only hardcore fans would spot, it was pretty much everything I wanted from the film.

i agree on every point, what a great movie!

Game-Won

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 06:11:17 AM »
Saw the movie yesterday.

If that is how Eazy was, my picture of him is wrong.

Anyone know if that "bone" track NWA reunion track is real? the tape Yella comes in with at the hospital?

Dre seems little more gangsta in the movie than i picture him beeing, easy alittle less than i see him beeing.

Was a nice story and good movie.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »
also I'm assuming that was meant to be OFTB at the end with Suge?

LOL I think so now when I think about it... a bunch of dudes were on the low portrayed and just not name-dropped (Above The Law, Lench Mob, Warren G, OFTB, who else?)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
also I'm assuming that was meant to be OFTB at the end with Suge?

I thought the same thing when I saw that scene. The guys looked like OFTB. I was actually wondering if the Bloods hanging around Suge were cast in order to resemble some of the people who were historically Suge's homies at this time, like the people Pac shouted out in To Live and Die in LA (Neckbone, Tre, Herron, Buntry). I would respect Dre for wanting to commemorate them in this minor way, if he actually did that.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

sofdark

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »
since no one mentioned it yet i wanted to point out that i thought it was crazy that compton menace was that OG blood '2 tone' from crenshaw mafia who got on the bus and checked everyone in the beginning, and then they go into 'Just Another Day' right after that scene.

that's hilarious I said the exact same thing to my homie who was with me lol

that's probably one of, if not the biggest rap checks Menace has gotten ever

Haha that's funny yet cold. I honestly didn't know how Menace looked like lol.

Blood$

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »
since no one mentioned it yet i wanted to point out that i thought it was crazy that compton menace was that OG blood '2 tone' from crenshaw mafia who got on the bus and checked everyone in the beginning, and then they go into 'Just Another Day' right after that scene.

that's hilarious I said the exact same thing to my homie who was with me lol

that's probably one of, if not the biggest rap checks Menace has gotten ever

Haha that's funny yet cold. I honestly didn't know how Menace looked like lol.

he's doing his thing lol didn't mean it in a cold way, he did claim Game never paid/shorted him so this was probably a good check for him