Author Topic: The Truth About Dr. Dre's Compton: It's Pop Music for White People  (Read 2540 times)

MOBNigga06

Purchased "Compton" yesterday on the strength of the reviews here, and I must say, it's the worst $14 I've ever spent on music. This is an album for mainstream white people who are uncomfortable with the attitude and themes of real gangsta rap. Instead of rapping about gangsta shit,, we get a bunch of corny raps about being troubled or depressed, rappers switching up their voices, doing impersonations, rapping way too fast for their own good, doing an artificial "angry flow," etc.

None of the familiar rappers even sound like themselves on this album. It's clear that Dre did to them what he did to Too Short: gave them a verse written by someone else and forced them to perform it until it satisfied him.

The album is so politically correct it's mind-blowing. I didn't hear one misogynistic lyric. Real rap albums are full of lines that are crude, but resonate with people because it's true shit you can't normally say in life. This is an album that was designed to make politically correct white people feel comfortable listening to rap music. Truly disgusting.

The production is weak too. There's not one song I heard and thought "I need to bump this in the whip with the top down." The production too seems geared to appeal to depressed teens dealing with issues. The beats are not for real niggas who want to enjoy life, fuck bitches, and get money.

People are surprised there's no Kurupt on the album...come on, how could you have a Kurupt verse appear on an album full of corny emo shit? Kurupt can't go five lines without saying some misogynistic shit. That's my nigga.

Also, fuck Kendrick Lamar and Eminem...their faggoty voices make their shit completely unlistenable to me.   
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Blood$

Re: The Truth About Dr. Dre's Compton: It's Pop Music for White People
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »
I didn't hear one misogynistic lyric.
"I even make the bitches I rape cum" is not misogynistic enough for you?

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »
Compton is another pop(ular) album for global mainstream music. But like a tons of rap releases. I think your post ain't objective and you [surely] show your frustration after listening one time what Compton is, neither The Chronic nor 2001. If you want to reassure you after the purchase of this album, starts listening "Talknig To My Diary" or "Animals".
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 03:09:02 AM »
all u retards who still complain the problem is ur out of touch stfu and keep listening to your 90s gangsta music problem solved no one cares bout ur irreverent opinion  :D

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:15:47 AM »
all u retards who still complain the problem is ur out of touch stfu and keep listening to your 90s gangsta music problem solved no one cares bout ur irreverent opinion  :D

I'm wondering if he still make the music... Someone can tell me if he released his mixtape "past, present, future"??? I remember that sampler sounded realy dope produced by dre , fredwreck etc...

he wasn't the Truth :D

And we still dont give a fuck about yours man, above all when you're bullshitting for no reason.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

CORREA

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:19:18 AM »

I'm wondering if he still make the music... Someone can tell me if he released his mixtape "past, present, future"??? I remember that sampler sounded realy dope produced by dre , fredwreck etc...

he wasn't the Truth :D

And we still dont give a fuck about yours man, above all when you're bullshitting for no reason.

read my post again above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
apparently u fall in the same category  ;)

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »
I was glad to see Cold187um and X on the album, was listening the song, next thing you know they've killed a woman. So, what's there "unGangsta"? I can't believe there's so much hate on this album. What ya'll expected, Kurupt? G-Funk? DJ Quik? It's 2015. People just found out who Xzibit is, or that he's alive after hearing him on this album. Nobody knows who's Kurupt nowdays. When Quik was on tour with X he was like 1st to perform, like Warm-Up artist. Deal with it.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

CORREA

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 04:08:37 AM »
What ya'll expected, Kurupt? G-Funk? DJ Quik? It's 2015. People just found out who Xzibit is, or that he's alive after hearing him on this album. Nobody knows who's Kurupt nowdays. When Quik was on tour with X he was like 1st to perform, like Warm-Up artist. Deal with it.

that's exactly what they were expecting trying to relive the 90s the album is good i myself have my complaints bout the album like others but mine are minor i am happy with this and i expected a lot worse im glad this album wasnt filled with to many washed up nobody's you have to give the future a break to shine

'EclipZe

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 04:20:17 AM »
Thank god I'm white so I got a good excuse why I enjoy this album.

me1

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:55 AM »
Purchased "Compton" yesterday on the strength of the reviews here, and I must say, it's the worst $14 I've ever spent on music. This is an album for mainstream white people who are uncomfortable with the attitude and themes of real gangsta rap. Instead of rapping about gangsta shit,, we get a bunch of corny raps about being troubled or depressed, rappers switching up their voices, doing impersonations, rapping way too fast for their own good, doing an artificial "angry flow," etc.

None of the familiar rappers even sound like themselves on this album. It's clear that Dre did to them what he did to Too Short: gave them a verse written by someone else and forced them to perform it until it satisfied him.

The album is so politically correct it's mind-blowing. I didn't hear one misogynistic lyric. Real rap albums are full of lines that are crude, but resonate with people because it's true shit you can't normally say in life. This is an album that was designed to make politically correct white people feel comfortable listening to rap music. Truly disgusting.

The production is weak too. There's not one song I heard and thought "I need to bump this in the whip with the top down." The production too seems geared to appeal to depressed teens dealing with issues. The beats are not for real niggas who want to enjoy life, fuck bitches, and get money.

People are surprised there's no Kurupt on the album...come on, how could you have a Kurupt verse appear on an album full of corny emo shit? Kurupt can't go five lines without saying some misogynistic shit. That's my nigga.

Also, fuck Kendrick Lamar and Eminem...their faggoty voices make their shit completely unlistenable to me.   

Dre is 50. I'm amazed people want him to make a fool of himself spitting the old content.

You want to listen to an OG with terrible content, check out modern day Jay-Z

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 06:30:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »
Nobody knows who's Kurupt nowadays.

This is silly hyperbole.  Kurupt was recently featured on major studio albums by Schoolboy Q and Miguel.

I don't think Compton is pop music, but musically it's far below Dre's previous two albums.  And I was amazed at how poor the writing is on the album.

If you're white and hate the album, does that mean you have street cred now?  ;D
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

WestWestYA

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:44 AM »
OK OK OK we get it u guys dont like. So now fuck off from dres threads.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 07:24:25 AM »

this. lol.

and mobwigga, you´re probably white yourself. stop fronting.

you´ve been exposed here, you claim you´re a blood from campanella park and then you were asking who killed mausberg.  right here on dubcc.  one would think that the homies in your gang could tell you about it more than us euros but hey, what do i know right.

it´s just that you´re fake.

i do understand why some folks don´t like the album. it´s complex and not g-funk. i like it but didn´t understand it on the first spin. but as i bumped it more the whole thing started opening up.it´s better than kush or i need a doctor.