Author Topic: The D.O.C. - Deuce  (Read 1356 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
The D.O.C. - Deuce
« on: April 13, 2003, 07:52:39 PM »
The D.O.C. – Deuce

1. Music business…intro
2. My prayer…interlude
3. Big dick shit (Concrete jungle)…Average beat.  6Two spits a nice verse and D.O.C. & Jazze Pha add a little bit, but UP-TIGHT’s verse really stands out.  Nate Dogg lays down a nice sounding hook, but corny as well.  3/5
4. A lil’ dick shit…interlude
5. The shit…Tight bangin’ production by Jazze Pha.  D.O.C. opens up the track then Ren comes in to lay down a well constructed verse.  Ice Cube stands out with an exceptionally tight verse.  Snoop’s final verse leaves a lot to be desired though.  6Two sounds good on the hook.  4.5/5
6. What would you do?…Nice, orchestrated production.  6Two and UP-TIGHT trade gangsta stories.  Both flow well.  4/5
7. Psychic pymp hotline…insert
8. Gorilla pimpin’…Production has a 70’s laidback pimp feel.  6Two goes solo on the track and does the beat much justice.  Dr. Dre  appears to do a catchy hook, even though Erotic D produced the track.  4.5/5
9. Judgment day…Traditional Dre production.  6Two flows well to the slow, laidback instrumental.  Short track, but dope.  4/5
10.   Souliloquy…interlude
11.   Ghetto blues…A tight ass 6Two solo track.  Well fitting production for subject matter and perfect flow.  5/5
12.  All in the family…D.O.C. does a short introduction and then Eldorado starts the track.  The production is great, but the artists rapping over it (Eldorado and N’Dambi) do it no justice.  It sounds like a bad freestyle session.  3/5
13.   1-2-3 (Critical breakdown)…Faster paced song, especially when compared with the album up until now.  UPTIGHT rides solo here where he flows his ass off.  I can’t get into the beat though.  3.5/5
14.   Touch of blues…insert
15.   Mentally disturbed…Another solo 6Two song produced by Dr. Dre.  Good mix of lyrical content and tight production.  Overall, smooth track.  4/5
16.   Safari west…insert
17.   DFW…D.O.C. finally lays down a short verse which sounds tight.  6Two, UPTIGHT, and El Dorado all come tight.  Catchy hook by 6Two.  4/5
18.   Simple as that…6Two has a nice stop and go flow on here, but the production just doesn’t match well.  The track could have done without Jazze Pha’s vocals.  3.5/5
19.   Playboy…Average laidback track.  Nothing exceptional, but a good track featuring 6Two, Cadillac Seville and a full verse by D.O.C., which seems to be off.  3.5/5
20.   Snoop shit…outro

OVERALL…

Basically a 6Two solo album.  D.O.C. more or less speaks through his vocals rather than his own.  I personally would have liked to hear more of D.O.C. himself like on “Helter Skelter”.  But still, 6Two does a nice job.  The A+ production doesn’t hurt either.  The main complaint of the album I have is the inserts (8 total).  I would have liked to hear some of the D.O.C. interludes into full length songs as well.  A great album with a total of 12 tracks and only a couple worth skipping.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:The D.O.C. - Deuce
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 08:35:34 PM »
Did DOC write all of 6Twos lyrics?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 09:02:21 PM »
I kinda got the impression that he wrote most of them from an interview I read somewhere.....

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 11:32:31 PM »
.....damn, no feedback on this one?

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 11:45:01 PM »
I mostly agree. "Ghetto Blues" is the shit! I expected Doc to do a bit more rappin' though. But it's all good.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 04:00:26 PM »
I mostly agree. "Ghetto Blues" is the shit! I expected Doc to do a bit more rappin' though. But it's all good.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 09:13:03 PM »
Man I heard this album for the first time last night at some party... and I gotta say I was impressed... the production was real tight... and 6two flowed his ass off on a few tracks...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 08:28:56 AM »
its got some tight tracks....gets boring quik though

Foesum

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 05:56:59 PM »
To me the album is a mini Chronic 2001. The beats are definetely got that Dr.Dre gangster feel. Exactly like he uses for "The Watcher" gangster and dark. I heard there were three singles, "The Shit", "Gorilla Pimpin" then "Concrete Jungle". Anyways their probably my fav off the album, i give all three 5s. But after "All In Da Family" the album drops pretty damn low.

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 02:26:36 AM »
I regard this album to be one of the best this year. Best thing about it is its production, no doubt. Would have been nice to hear more of DOC himself, but maybe he got smart and decided to protect his voice by letting 6 Two do the rapping.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 01:33:29 AM »
I regard this album to be one of the best this year. Best thing about it is its production, no doubt. Would have been nice to hear more of DOC himself, but maybe he got smart and decided to protect his voice by letting 6 Two do the rapping.

couldn't say it any better. great release! can't wait to hear more stuff from 6-two.

Chad

Re: The D.O.C. - Deuce
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »
this one was kinda nostalgic for me...critical reminds me of "portrait of.." off DOC's first album...this album was put together really well...nice continuous flow the whole way thru...to many skits tho
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser