Author Topic: Tom Brady's Suspension Nullfied  (Read 308 times)

Remedy360

Tom Brady's Suspension Nullfied
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:35:46 AM »
Corruption rears its ugly head yet again.

Tom Brady will be under center for the Patriots' season opener next Thursday.

The ruling, handed down by U.S. District Judge Richard Berman on Thursday morning, nullified the four-game suspension levied against the Patriots quarterback back on May 11 when Ted Wells, an independent investigator hired by the NFL, asserted Brady's connection to deflated footballs used in the AFC Championship Game this past season. Goodell upheld that four-game suspension upon review.

The decision came after multiple attempts at settlement between Brady, his council, the NFL Players Association and the NFL. On Monday, Berman dismissed both sides after just a few minutes after realizing they were too far apart to reach a settlement.

According to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, don't expect the league to seek an injunction to keep Brady off the field under any appeal.

One of Berman's key points was that Brady did not receive the proper advance notice to be disciplined by the NFL and information of the kind of penalties he could receive.

Per Berman: "The Court finds that no player alleged or found to have had a general awareness of the inappropriate ball deflation activities of others or who allegedly schemed with others to let air out of footballs in a championship game and also had not cooperated in an ensuing investigation, reasonably could be on notice that their discipline would (or should) be the same as applied to a player who violated the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances."

In his 40-page decision, Berman mentioned the league's improper denial of Brady's right to cross-examine NFL general council Jeff Pash, who was a co-lead investigator along with Wells. Because Pash was able to "review a draft of the Wells Report" and provide written comments and edits, it would have been in Brady's best interest to question him. The NFL opted not to on the grounds that Pash provided no substantive role in the Wells Report findings and that any edits or comments he made had no impact on the final result.

Per Berman: "It is logical that he would have valuable insight into the course and outcome of the Investigation and into the drafting and content of the Wells Report. It is also problematic to the Court that there was no specification by Goodell as to the ways Pash's testimony would have been 'cumulative.'"

The ruling could be looked at as an indictment on the lack of uniform punishment across the league. The NFL's use of the steroid policy to provide a comparable notice of discipline or even length of suspension did not go over well. Also, Berman seemed to side with Brady's point when it comes to prior infractions for equipment tampering. A ball-warming issue by the Carolina Panthers was said not to be comparable by the NFL because there was no effort to conceal the act. However, Brady's team argued that the outcome in the Panthers case -- a warning sent to the club without any punishment or investigation -- was the precedent set under the Competitive Integrity Policy.

Eliminating Brady's suspension saves Patriots head coach Bill Belichick from dealing with the largest statistical drop off between starting quarterbacks in consecutive seasons since 1950. It also saves him from using another starter besides Brady for the first time since 2008, when Brady tore his ACL in the season-opener.

Brady's suspension would have been the longest and most high-profile for an NFL starting quarterback since Ben Roethlisberger's four-game suspension back in 2010.

The ruling is a clear victory for Brady, who had considered accepting a one-game suspension according to Rapoport. But Brady did not want to accept any responsibility for the findings of the Wells Report, and in the end he didn't have to.

The defending Super Bowl champions can now put yet another difficult offseason behind them.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Tom Brady's Suspension Nullfied
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »
What a joke. NFL is appealing but they basically overturned it because the judge didn't feel cheating is as bad as steroids and he didn't like the nfl insinuating that it was. What a clown.

I hope Goodell loses the appeal and then resigns but offers all the 2007 spygate cover up to wikileaks just to screw with these assholes.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 03:23:38 AM »
Typical National Stubborn Extortionist Greed League.  I'm at a dilemma here.  I know I said i'd be done with the Greed League if they did nothing to keep the ultimate john wayne glamour boy off game 1.  But Fraudger Greedell did hold up the suspension so its not his fault.  But some corrupt judge  :rant:  I don't know which judge should bust hell wide open worse right now.  This Berman fool or the judge who overturned the ban on gay marriage in 3rdworldcountryfornia.  I wanted to leave the state if gay marriage was legal.  I don't mind it in other states, just not here.  We don't need no more overpopulation.  Of course i'd move out but i'm too poor to move  :( 

I just know that this century, my interest in the greed league has shrunk year by year.  I wasn't very overjoyed when the vikings whooped the thug steelers last month.  Because it was preseason?  Nope.  Didn't even watch the replay game either.  Only game i'd be interested this year is when the steelers play at SD.  Only just to see if what was said is true if the steelers had the biggest fan base in Lo-cal.  So far, it's dallas-too bad it does them no good cause they seem 2 always lose at jack murphy stadium even with all that home field advantage on the road.  That might explain why greed league is 4cing them 2 get a new stadium.  Jeritol is getting in Greedell's ear there.

I just know 4 sure that the greed league will lose me 4ever if they 4ce the rams & fraudgers in LA.  Won't watch ever again, not even at gunpoint.  I'd wanna go as far as getting gang members & terrorists to prevent that from happening. 

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:39:33 AM »
And that just reminds me.  Remedy?  What should be done with Kam Chancellor?  I'd say trade him to the afc's worst teams but get that team's best safety in return.  I knew this getting contracts problem was gonna happen.  I want the seahawks to get a frisco/new england type of dynasty, which can happen in the players don't cause financial dissension.  And barring serious injuries.  Look at the ravens with flacco, some of their best players had to be traded cause flacco was too greedy  >:( 

Its a 3 team conference still.  I'd include zona if their QB situation was good.  Seattle, Dallas & G.Bay.  Bad enuff seattle helped dallas out.  Still surprised dallas never picked up Ray Rice, they picked up hardy who did worse.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
And that just reminds me.  Remedy?  What should be done with Kam Chancellor?  I'd say trade him to the afc's worst teams but get that team's best safety in return.  I knew this getting contracts problem was gonna happen.  I want the seahawks to get a frisco/new england type of dynasty, which can happen in the players don't cause financial dissension.  And barring serious injuries.  Look at the ravens with flacco, some of their best players had to be traded cause flacco was too greedy  >:( 

Its a 3 team conference still.  I'd include zona if their QB situation was good.  Seattle, Dallas & G.Bay.  Bad enuff seattle helped dallas out.  Still surprised dallas never picked up Ray Rice, they picked up hardy who did worse.

Hard to say, definitely didn't think it would last this long. They're standing pat which is the right thing to do, not because Kam doesn't deserve it, but they can't afford to give him more and can't set that precedent. A shitload of their cap money is wrapped up in their stars and if they give more to Kam guys like Mike Bennett are gonna be waiting at the door wanting theirs. I don't want to trade him either, 1 because I do think he'll be back, and 2, that also sets a bad precedent for guys that are unhappy with their contracts.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »
bitchass roger fagell