Author Topic: Scarface - Deeply Rooted (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1713 times)

BIGWORM

Re: Scarface - Deeply Rooted (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »
My favourite album of the year.... 9/10

Soopahigh

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »
A great record I agree and I also that there's too much singin' hook too but it still remains dope overall

Jome

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
2. Rooted (feat. Papa Rue)
3. The Hot Seat
4. Dope Man Pushin’ (feat. Papa Rue)
5. Fuck You Too (feat. Z-Ro)

6. Steer (feat. Rush Davis)
7. Anything
8. Do What I Do (feat. Nas, Rick Ross & Z-Ro)
9. God (feat. John Legend)
11. You (feat. Cee-Lo Green)
14. No Problem
16. Exit Plan (feat. Akon)

Favorite tracks.. especially those in bold..
Dope album, this and Compton are my favorite albums so far this year, and Kendricks TPAB..

What's impressive, is the cohesiveness; a lot of bangers, dope tracks, and some deep tracks with real subject matters..
Even the "skippers" are pretty decent after some listens, no REAL weak tracks.
You can't go wrong with a Facemob-album laced with John Legend, Cee-Lo, Z-Ro on the hooks, this Papa Rue cat is pretty dope too, and Akon did his thing.

My only complaints: Z-Ro killed both his hooks, but why not give him a guest verse as well, rather that than Officer Ricky..?
Z-Ro & Face = Magic (On My Grind, Bitch Nigga, Burn, Blessing In Disguise, and now Fuck You Too & Do What I Do) -> A Scar-Ro (Z-Mob?) collabo album would be sick.  :o

Guest list is on point, but I'd rather have a Devin, Jigga and Beanie Sigel feature, rather than Ross..
And yeah, too much singing, except Legend, Cee-Lo, Z-Ro & Akon.. they get a pass.  :P

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »
3. The Hot Seat

7. Anything
14. No Problem

Dope album, this and Compton are my favorite albums so far this year, and Kendricks TPAB..

What's impressive, is the cohesiveness; a lot of bangers, dope tracks, and some deep tracks with real subject matters..
You can't go wrong with a Facemob-album laced with John Legend, Cee-Lo, Z-Ro on the hooks, this Papa Rue cat is pretty dope too, and Akon did his thing.

My only complaints: Z-Ro killed both his hooks, but why not give him a guest verse as well, rather that than Officer Ricky..?
Z-Ro & Face = Magic (On My Grind, Bitch Nigga, Burn, Blessing In Disguise, and now Fuck You Too & Do What I Do) -> A Scar-Ro (Z-Mob?) collabo album would be sick.  :o

Guest list is on point, but I'd rather have a Devin, Jigga and Beanie Sigel feature, rather than Ross..
And yeah, too much singing, except Legend, Cee-Lo, Z-Ro & Akon.. they get a pass.  :P

pretty much agreed... I told my friend the same thing that every time Face and Ro link up it produces classics  8)

Desert Lord

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 05:47:07 AM »
3. The Hot Seat

7. Anything
14. No Problem

why? say what you want about ross, but he actually can deliver good verses...his part on "do what i do" is pretty dope imo!

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 07:05:40 AM »
Rick Ross's verse > Nas's verse on "Do What I Do" in terms of delivery and flow
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:40:34 AM by Blood$ »

sav

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Did I read "Officer Ricky"? Man, it ain't 2009 anymore...

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

right lol

Desert Lord

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
Rick Ross's verse > Nas's verse on "Do What I Do" in terms of delivery and flow

agreed

doggfather

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 01:52:14 AM »
top 5 o 2015 material.  8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jome

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
why? say what you want about ross, but he actually can deliver good verses...his part on "do what i do" is pretty dope imo!

Once a C.O., always a C.O.  :laugh:
Far from the worst Ross verse, but his nasal voice and awkward flow gets on my nerves.. when the Ro-hook sets in, it's a blessing.
And yeah, Nas didn't set the world on fire with his verse, but I'd rather hear a sub-par Nas verse than Ross at his best..

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »

Once a C.O., always a C.O.  :laugh:
Far from the worst Ross verse, but his nasal voice and awkward flow gets on my nerves.. when the Ro-hook sets in, it's a blessing.
And yeah, Nas didn't set the world on fire with his verse, but I'd rather hear a sub-par Nas verse than Ross at his best..

I take it you aren't an Eazy-E fan then lol

Jome

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »
^ I am, though.. nasal doesn't necessarily mean wack..  ;)

Blood$

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
^ I am, though.. nasal doesn't necessarily mean wack..  ;)

but that's what you just said qualified Ross as being 'wack' lol C.O. business aside

Jome

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
^ I am, though.. nasal doesn't necessarily mean wack..  ;)

but that's what you just said qualified Ross as being 'wack' lol C.O. business aside

If we're nit-picking here, I didn't say that a nasal voice automatically qualifies as "wack".. I said "his nasal voice and awkward flow gets on my nerves".
A nasal voice might be cool if you have a cool voice/tone/personality, original flow and original content.

I think it's safe to say that we've heard everything Ross has to say at this point, he's not breaking new ground in any way, he's just repeating previous verses with slightly other words.
When's the last time you've felt (or even heard someone say); "Damn, a new Ross verse, can't wait to hear Ross rip this..!"