Author Topic: Listen To The First Single From DJ Premier's Band, The BADDER  (Read 280 times)

CORREA

Listen To The First Single From DJ Premier's Band, The BADDER
« on: September 08, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »
DJ Premier is gearing up to release an LP with a live band, called The BADDER, and today, we got the first single from the project, "BPATTER." A booming jazz track with scratches and ad-libs from Preemo, this is pretty refreshing. There's a lot of aggressive and emotion within the track, as it explodes after lulls of smooth, drum-and-bass work.

Premier talked to Rolling Stone about experimenting with live instrumentation."The band is just another extension of what I will continue to do, which is to make hardcore raw beats," he said. He later followed saying that his work with The BADDER has been an idea that's been floating around for a while. Rest assured, he said, "my hip-hop production will still remain on the MPC. I could never abandon that style. That's how I got my name in lights."

Sccit

Re: Listen To The First Single From DJ Premier's Band, The BADDER
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:25 AM »
that shit was hot

David Gutterman

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:31 AM »

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
fire
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:20:26 AM »
when does this album drop?