Author Topic: Kept Outta "Compton": N.W.A's Arabian Prince Has No Regrets  (Read 927 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Kept Outta "Compton": N.W.A's Arabian Prince Has No Regrets
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
After N.W.A, Arabian put out his first solo album, Brother Arab, in 1989. "It was alright. No super-duper blow-up hit, but I made my own money." Then he followed an interest in technology into a new career: "I taught myself how to do animation and programming and got into the whole gaming thing." Making contacts through graphics and technology conventions, he moved into special effects, working on movies including The Addams Family (1991), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995), and Contact (1997). More recently, he started a virtual-reality company. He goes to 10 or 12 technology conventions a year to keep up to date. He also DJs in the U.S. and does European tours: "We still do the electro stuff. They've never stopped loving it in Europe, so I've been performing that forever."

Wow good for him. Happy to see he didn't allow himself to end up just another lost nobody (shouts out to Mr. Short Khop). He may not have the fame but he's probably doing better than Ren and Yella.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dnjp4life

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 04:05:10 AM »
That was an interesting read.  It's cool that he managed to forge a new career instead of trying to get back into rap.  I genuinely had no idea he was that big a part of N.W.A when they were first coming up.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:46 AM »
That was an interesting read.  It's cool that he managed to forge a new career instead of trying to get back into rap.  I genuinely had no idea he was that big a part of N.W.A when they were first coming up.

he had 6 solo albums after leavin NWA, so he actually did try to get back into rap, but was simply unsuccessful

CORREA

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »

because NWA blew up and became iconic figures, while arabian prince became an extra graphic assistant on the power ranger movie.....one is a more revered position than the other, i'll let u guess which one since u seem to be so bright.

LMAO.... I'm kind of on the other side of the argument but that was funny  ;D

ice cube too if it wasn't for movies and of course e

Ice Cube was a heavyweight in the rap game for all of the 90's

bullshit the west was dead already after pac died and everyone was putting bullshit albums till chronic 2001 came out
towards the late mid 90s ice cube focus was more towards movies and thats prob the smartest thing he did cause he would a ended up like the rest of his era

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »

because NWA blew up and became iconic figures, while arabian prince became an extra graphic assistant on the power ranger movie.....one is a more revered position than the other, i'll let u guess which one since u seem to be so bright.

LMAO.... I'm kind of on the other side of the argument but that was funny  ;D

ice cube too if it wasn't for movies and of course e

Ice Cube was a heavyweight in the rap game for all of the 90's

bullshit the west was dead already after pac died and everyone was putting bullshit albums till chronic 2001 came out
towards the late mid 90s ice cube focus was more towards movies and thats prob the smartest thing he did cause he would a ended up like the rest of his era

Duno what u talkin bout, Cube had his biggest hit wit "u can do it" in the late 90s and the song was bigger than the movie.