Author Topic: Eminem's "Infinite" Revisited By Denaun Porter  (Read 555 times)

CORREA

Eminem's "Infinite" Revisited By Denaun Porter
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:13 PM »
Denaun Porter reflects on the 1996 release of Eminem's debut album, the independently released Infinite. The rapper-producer says that he was young and naive at the time of the drop and that if it were to be commercially released today, he would make sure he got his fair pay for his work on the project. The album was executively produced by the Bass Brothers and released through their Web Entertainment.

"If they were to release that right now, they would have to pay me a grip," Porter, who also has gone by Mr. Porter and dEnAuN, says during an interview with The Cipher. "I got screwed around way early messing around with them dudes. I don't know what they're doing right now, but it seems like it's something that should happen. If they did it, I would have to, on my end, I wouldn't be the same stupid kid I was then.

"We went to Africa and there was kids holding up a fucking sign that said 'Infinite,'" Porter continues. "We didn't know at the time what we were doing. It's not something that I think 'Em would just drop and put out. If those guys that we did it with, The Bass Brothers, I don't know how they would do that. I'm pretty sure they got all of that shit. Door's open. Call me with a number amount. I'm cool with it."

The D-12 member says there is a lot of red tape in today's industry that is probably preventing the widespread release of Infinite. He says that Eminem's manager, Paul Rosenberg, would be the man to get the job done.

"I would only do some shit like that with Paul," Porter says, "'cause Paul is more creative when it comes to how to do that shit. All I know how to do is, 'Let me create some shit.' Paul is a genius of, 'Yo, we should do it this way or that way.' If they did it theyself, they would have to do it in a special way because that's a special project. For whatever reason, a lot of these younger kids, I think they gravitate towards that retro sound. It was a dope album."

Porter says that in today's world of technology, the project is more available than before. He says that the album is a good bridge to history.

"I'll go on YouTube every once in a while and check it out," he says. "Then I start listening to our voices and I'm like, 'Fuck this shit.' But it's dope to see because we didn't know that it was going to do anything. I'm glad people made a correlation from then to now."

if that album didn't have ems name on it it wouldn't mean shit just like when it came out
and if it wasn't for dre i wouldn't be talking bout this now  :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Eminem's "Infinite" Revisited By Denaun Porter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:46 AM »
a little context might have helped on this one.... I didn't understand what he meant about being in Africa and seeing an Infinite sign... and it sounded like he was mad at the Bass Brothers or something... then he started mumbling something about Paul Rosenberg..
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »
a little context might have helped on this one.... I didn't understand what he meant about being in Africa and seeing an Infinite sign... and it sounded like he was mad at the Bass Brothers or something... then he started mumbling something about Paul Rosenberg..

Dude maybe they were celebrating your raps over there and Denaun Porter was confused.

Are you ready to deal with the reality of being a celebrity in Africa for your hard hitting raps?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »

Dude maybe they were celebrating your raps over there and Denaun Porter was confused.

Are you ready to deal with the reality of being a celebrity in Africa for your hard hitting raps?

lol
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »

lmao

but seriously tho, it sounds like he sayin bass brothers was jackin his beats, or not giving him proper credit....and the album infinite was successful in africa to his surprise, so essentially, he not gettin paid for publishing on sales, despite the albums popularity.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »
infinite is Em's 2nd best album behind SSLP

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »

It's a classic, wouldn't put it above MMLP tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:54:11 PM »

Why the fuck not???

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »

Why the fuck not???

Production

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »

Why the fuck not???

Production

but infinite didn't have corny ass pop songs on it like Stan or Real Slim Shady

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:01 PM »

Why the fuck not???

Production

but infinite didn't have corny ass pop songs on it like Stan or Real Slim Shady

Stan was a great track n real slim shady was good for what it was

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 12:09:37 AM »
but songs like "open mic" "313" and "back stabber" are better

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 12:50:01 AM »
but songs like "open mic" "313" and "back stabber" are better

naah, stan was timeless. so much that the word stan became a term to describe the way u are about rondo. cmon brodie.

CORREA

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
have to agree with @Sccit production pays a big role in albums stan and the real slim shady will forever be remembered on the other hand Infinite sounds like it was made in someones basement most fans dont even know it was his first album