Author Topic: Game - The Documentary 2 (Tracklist)  (Read 5794 times)

Jome

Re: Game - The Documentary 2 (Tracklist)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
15 The Documentary 2
Produced by Dr. Dre & DJ Premier, it seems to me.. standout track after listening to the snippets..

"Premo, Doc Dre, still holdin' it down
Aftermath, do the math, nigga you know the sound
Doc 2, thought you knew, still holdin' the crown"

That beat switch..  :o

The snippets doesn't blow me away, seems like there's a lot of filler, and some gold in between.  8)

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »
will be a dope album, jesus piece was slept on

Shag Diggler

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 10:20:36 PM »
game is really good with releasing songs so im sure that quik song will end up on a mixtape

chtimixeur

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 01:35:41 AM »
It sounds terrible from the snippets.
This sounds nothing like a proper Documentary sequel.
Game is completely done and lost artistically.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 02:53:07 AM »
Rumors says this is a Disc 1....

if it's true DJ Quik and Battlecat tracks will be on Disc 2 . (Another release date)

where did you hear that rumour?

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

teletomble

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 03:35:26 AM »

if it's true DJ Quik and Battlecat tracks will be on Disc 2 . (Another release date)

http://www.amazon.com/Documentary-2-The-Game/dp/B00Y0QOESO    but then says : Number of Discs: 1.
Could Just Be A Mistake or Like Doc-1, Just Be A DVD.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 04:00:46 AM »
I was hoping for some Battlecat, Dre, and DJ Quik but this seems like a southern trap album. Still gon check it out regardless.

Reformation coming around same time so let's see.

I would be surprised by this reaction, but I'm not. There's NOTHING about this album that is trying to be "trap". I've read so many dumb comments around the internet about this album and these snippets. I've heard both discs in their entirety, the second of which might not see the light of day in the near future, but this album is Game's ode to hip-hop. I don't believe he really started rapping the days after he got shot a decade and a half ago, but the reason he called this "The Documentary 2" is because he's actually reaching that level of rap he aspired to when he first attempted it.

The fake Kanye flow on a few tracks is jarring, but his B.I.G. reincarnated flow has got a lot of people excited about that sound coming back. Its one of the main reasons Puffy is going to his old sound -- he heard Game on a few tracks bringing back the old Bad Boy sound and he realized it can be viable in 2015 and beyond. There's not one reaction I've heard from people in the room about Game's B.I.G. style tracks that hasn't been super enthusiastic. In fact, he switches the flow up in one of the tracks (if you listen to the snippets carefully) between "his flow" and his "legend reincarnated flow" very seamlessly and smartly.

There's little nuances that I don't think Game realizes  99% of his most dedicated fans don't pick up on. He's surrounded by so many dope people all the time that I think he loses the real fan reaction to his music (which I'm ok with), but that's at the sacrifice of people understanding the entire picture. I definitely would tweak the album here and there, but at the end of the day I'm a fan and the wackest thing you can do is mess with someone's artistic vision.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:06:07 AM by LakersAlldaWay »

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 09:20:56 AM »
I was hoping for some Battlecat, Dre, and DJ Quik but this seems like a southern trap album. Still gon check it out regardless.

I would be surprised by this reaction, but I'm not. There's NOTHING about this album that is trying to be "trap". I've read so many dumb comments around the internet about this album and these snippets. I've heard both discs in their entirety, the second of which might not see the light of day in the near future, but this album is Game's ode to hip-hop. I don't believe he really started rapping the days after he got shot a decade and a half ago, but the reason he called this "The Documentary 2" is because he's actually reaching that level of rap he aspired to when he first attempted it.

The fake Kanye flow on a few tracks is jarring, but his B.I.G. reincarnated flow has got a lot of people excited about that sound coming back. Its one of the main reasons Puffy is going to his old sound -- he heard Game on a few tracks bringing back the old Bad Boy sound and he realized it can be viable in 2015 and beyond. There's not one reaction I've heard from people in the room about Game's B.I.G. style tracks that hasn't been super enthusiastic. In fact, he switches the flow up in one of the tracks (if you listen to the snippets carefully) between "his flow" and his "legend reincarnated flow" very seamlessly and smartly.

There's little nuances that I don't think Game realizes  99% of his most dedicated fans don't pick up on. He's surrounded by so many dope people all the time that I think he loses the real fan reaction to his music (which I'm ok with), but that's at the sacrifice of people understanding the entire picture. I definitely would tweak the album here and there, but at the end of the day I'm a fan and the wackest thing you can do is mess with someone's artistic vision.  

How did u hear it

Blood$

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
will be a dope album, jesus piece was slept on

Mr. Theo

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 05:51:07 AM »

they are mastering Disc 2 right now

go to @in2mixin or @nxtlvlmatering IG!

The Hype is real!

probably DJ Quik,Battlecat and Premier in Disc 2!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Mr. Theo

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »

It’s been quite the wait, but The Game is finally releasing The Documentary 2 on October 9th.

01 Intro
02 On Me f. Kendrick Lamar
03 Step Up f. DeJ Loaf & Sha Sha
04 Don’t Trip f. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre & will.i.am
05 Standing On Ferraris f. Diddy
06 Dollar And A Dream f. Ab-Soul
07 Made In America f. Marcus Black
08 Hashtag f. Jelly Roll
09 Circles f. Q-Tip, Eric Bellinger & Sha Sha
10 Uncle (Skit)
11 Dedicated f. Future & Sonya
12 Bitch You Ain’t Shit
13 Summertime f. Jelly Roll
14 Mula f. Kanye West
15 The Documentary 2
16 New York, New York
17 100 f. Drake
18 Just Another Day
19 LA f. Snoop Dogg, will.i.am & Fergie

smart move to put Kendrick first since he going to kill him again
ab soul here is unexpected but welcomed looking forward to that ab might kill him too
smh.. will.i.am, fergie, diddy, future, kanye west, and drake  >:(

CURRENT LISTEN THIS SNIPPETS...GOOD ALBUM

2 - DOPE
3 - DOPE ( PAC AND BRANDY SAMPLE )
4 - DOPE
5 - REGULAR ( SOUND LIKE DJ QUIK, UNDER THE INFLUENCE BIRDZ AND BEEZ TRACK )
6 - DOPE
7 - DOPE!!!!!!! ( POSSIBLY DJ QUIK PRODCUTION ) ???? ( KANYE WEST PROD? )
8 - DOPE ( DJ QUIK INVOLVED IN THIS JELLYROLL TRACK )
9 - GOOD ( GAME SHOULD BE PUT SAADIQ IN THE CHORUS )
10 - INTERLUDE
11 - GOOD INSTRUMENTAL CRAZY...REPLACE FUTURE BY MIGUEL
12 - DOPE!!! (WHERE'S TOO SHORT IN IT??????)
13 - DOPE!! ( DJ QUIK PROBABLY INVOLVED IN THIS )
14 - DOPE ( OLD KANYE )
15 - DOPE ( DR DRE TRACK!?!!? )
16 - DOPE ( JUST BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZE !?!!? )
18 - DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!
19 - CHIC SAMPLE!!! WILL IAM FEEL GOOD CHORUS

DECENT ALBUM !! GOOD MUSIC!!!

The chic sample was wondering what it sounded similar to xzibit family values off full circle thanks !!

yeah ! but agallah sampled this better in that Purple Cith French compilation!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Blood$

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »

It’s been quite the wait, but The Game is finally releasing The Documentary 2 on October 9th.

01 Intro
02 On Me f. Kendrick Lamar
03 Step Up f. DeJ Loaf & Sha Sha
04 Don’t Trip f. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre & will.i.am
05 Standing On Ferraris f. Diddy
06 Dollar And A Dream f. Ab-Soul
07 Made In America f. Marcus Black
08 Hashtag f. Jelly Roll
09 Circles f. Q-Tip, Eric Bellinger & Sha Sha
10 Uncle (Skit)
11 Dedicated f. Future & Sonya
12 Bitch You Ain’t Shit
13 Summertime f. Jelly Roll
14 Mula f. Kanye West
15 The Documentary 2
16 New York, New York
17 100 f. Drake
18 Just Another Day
19 LA f. Snoop Dogg, will.i.am & Fergie

smart move to put Kendrick first since he going to kill him again
ab soul here is unexpected but welcomed looking forward to that ab might kill him too
smh.. will.i.am, fergie, diddy, future, kanye west, and drake  >:(

CURRENT LISTEN THIS SNIPPETS...GOOD ALBUM

2 - DOPE
3 - DOPE ( PAC AND BRANDY SAMPLE )
4 - DOPE
5 - REGULAR ( SOUND LIKE DJ QUIK, UNDER THE INFLUENCE BIRDZ AND BEEZ TRACK )
6 - DOPE
7 - DOPE!!!!!!! ( POSSIBLY DJ QUIK PRODCUTION ) ???? ( KANYE WEST PROD? )
8 - DOPE ( DJ QUIK INVOLVED IN THIS JELLYROLL TRACK )
9 - GOOD ( GAME SHOULD BE PUT SAADIQ IN THE CHORUS )
10 - INTERLUDE
11 - GOOD INSTRUMENTAL CRAZY...REPLACE FUTURE BY MIGUEL
12 - DOPE!!! (WHERE'S TOO SHORT IN IT??????)
13 - DOPE!! ( DJ QUIK PROBABLY INVOLVED IN THIS )
14 - DOPE ( OLD KANYE )
15 - DOPE ( DR DRE TRACK!?!!? )
16 - DOPE ( JUST BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZE !?!!? )
18 - DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!
19 - CHIC SAMPLE!!! WILL IAM FEEL GOOD CHORUS

DECENT ALBUM !! GOOD MUSIC!!!

The chic sample was wondering what it sounded similar to xzibit family values off full circle thanks !!

yeah ! but agallah sampled this better in that Purple Cith French compilation!

wow props for mentioning that Purple City... such a little known album I wish I never sold it lol

and there's gonna be a disc 2 for this? interesting

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »

they are mastering Disc 2 right now

go to @in2mixin or @nxtlvlmatering IG!

The Hype is real!

probably DJ Quik,Battlecat and Premier in Disc 2!

Yeahh I'm a little hyped
Any word from Game about a disc 2??

Funkstradamus

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 08:29:45 AM »

you made some valid arguments / points and clearly have more objective opinion if you've heard both CDs...i guess it makes more sense now...he was accused on the first Documentary of trying to sound like Shyne / B.I.G so i guess this is him bring things full circle...  i guess i've been waiting patiently for Game to do a full West Coast album since he is always repping his set, The West Coast, Eazy E, NWA, Dr Dre etc...  but keeping it real the first album wasn't really West Coast save a few songs...none of his albums have been...he's always played the fence

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »
I checked out those IGs and that's dope it's the same engineer who mastered The Documentary doing this one... really hope that second disc comes out either with the first or later on this year/early next year, would be disappointing if it never saw the light of day