Author Topic: Golden Era (90's Music) One Hit Wonder's!!!  (Read 2127 times)

Sccit

Re: Golden Era (90's Music) One Hit Wonder's!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/list_of_1990s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_united_states

Here is as official of a list you can get for one hit wonder.

a list that includes public enemy, cypress hill, big daddy kane, raekwon, big pun, dogg pound, goodie mob, onyx as 1 hit wonders.....lol, u cant be serious dawgy.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/list_of_1990s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_united_states

a list that includes public enemy, cypress hill, big daddy kane, raekwon, big pun, dogg pound, goodie mob, onyx as 1 hit wonders.....lol, u cant be serious dawgy.

When you give something a definition and stick to it, you'll be surprise how small hip-hop was before 1995. Rap music didn't sell as much back then. So its impact on the pop charts was small.

And your argument off one hit wonder not being pop. One hit wonder IS a pop term. Rap music don't have one hit wonder because there's always a second single, a follow up hit on the rap charts. Skee-Lo had Top of the Stairs, Domino had Sweet Potato Pie, Ahmad was in the very underrated Come Widdit' track. Within the world of rap music, you can always find another single our other hit. But One Hit Wonder IS a pop term. It's been a pop term long before Sugar Hill Gang. So either we are listing One Hit Wonders or we are making up new rules to fit your argument. In that case, you will win any argument because you make up rules no one knows exist.

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »

When you give something a definition and stick to it, you'll be surprise how small hip-hop was before 1995. Rap music didn't sell as much back then. So its impact on the pop charts was small.

And your argument off one hit wonder not being pop. One hit wonder IS a pop term. Rap music don't have one hit wonder because there's always a second single, a follow up hit on the rap charts. Skee-Lo had Top of the Stairs, Domino had Sweet Potato Pie, Ahmad was in the very underrated Come Widdit' track. Within the world of rap music, you can always find another single our other hit. But One Hit Wonder IS a pop term. It's been a pop term long before Sugar Hill Gang. So either we are listing One Hit Wonders or we are making up new rules to fit your argument. In that case, you will win any argument because you make up rules no one knows exist.

if u dont understand the difference between skee-lo and the luniz, ur even dumber than i originally thought. skee-lo is what u would call a one hit wonder in rap terms. not cypress hill, not public enemy, and not the luniz. if u wanna keep bein a dipshit and arguin semantics when u know what i mean (pretty much what u do every time u back urself into a corner), carry on.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »

if u dont understand the difference between skee-lo and the luniz, ur even dumber than i originally thought. skee-lo is what u would call a one hit wonder in rap terms. not cypress hill, not public enemy, and not the luniz. if u wanna keep bein a dipshit and arguin semantics when u know what i mean (pretty much what u do every time u back urself into a corner), carry on.

I back myself into a corner. All I'm doing is using an unbiased definition given by Billboard and the World Dictionary as to what is a one hit wonder. You are shifting and changing the definition to fit your argument. Either you admit that there is a definition and you are wrong, or you admit that you are using your own definition that has nothing to do with one hit wonder but instead just fits your argument. Because there is a hard, solid definition of one hit wonder, and the Luniz fit under that. Just unbiased hard definition, draw the line and who fits, fits.

As for a difference of Luniz and Skee-Lo, there is a big difference. My argument was never that they were the same. My argument was that if you bend the definition of one hit wonder to fit your argument, then I can too since other one hit wonder had minor hits outside of their big song. That's why it's important to have a solid definition on these things, because the more you argue what the definition is, the more that definition can change. Too many white people, they don't know Cypress Hill outside of Insane in the Brain, or Public Enemy and Give it Up. I own almost all of Cypress Hills catalog. I'm a rap fan, to me Cypress Hill is How I Can Kill A Man, Dr. Green Thumb and Throw Your Set In the Air. But if you just take an unbiased definition, and look outside off the hip-hop bubble then you'll see where I'm coming from. In order to have an argument, there has to be some unbiased definition, I found it and I'm sticking to it, even if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:41:20 AM by M Dogg™ »

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2015, 11:24:17 AM »

I back myself into a corner. All I'm doing is using an unbiased definition given by Billboard and the World Dictionary as to what is a one hit wonder. You are shifting and changing the definition to fit your argument. Either you admit that there is a definition and you are wrong, or you admit that you are using your own definition that has nothing to do with one hit wonder but instead just fits your argument. Because there is a hard, solid definition of one hit wonder, and the Luniz fit under that. Just unbiased hard definition, draw the line and who fits, fits.

As for a difference of Luniz and Skee-Lo, there is a big difference. My argument was never that they were the same. My argument was that if you bend the definition of one hit wonder to fit your argument, then I can too since other one hit wonder had minor hits outside of their big song. That's why it's important to have a solid definition on these things, because the more you argue what the definition is, the more that definition can change. Too many white people, they don't know Cypress Hill outside of Insane in the Brain, or Public Enemy and Give it Up. I own almost all of Cypress Hills catalog. I'm a rap fan, to me Cypress Hill is How I Can Kill A Man, Dr. Green Thumb and Throw Your Set In the Air. But if you just take an unbiased definition, and look outside off the hip-hop bubble then you'll see where I'm coming from. In order to have an argument, there has to be some unbiased definition, I found it and I'm sticking to it, even if you don't like it.

U trying too hard brobro

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »

U trying too hard brobro

Really, I'm just using a definition.

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2015, 04:03:31 AM »
Ragga muffin