Author Topic: The Documentary 2.5 [Artwork & Tracklist] GAME SEASON!  (Read 12572 times)

k1000

Re: The Documentary 2.5 [Artwork & Tracklist] GAME SEASON!
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2015, 12:37:11 AM »
rapreviews' review is quite dope too. and that google-map introduction is quite fun
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2015_10F_documentary2.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:53:34 AM by k1000 »

Sccit

« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »
rapreviews' review is quite dope too. and that google-map introduction is quite fun
http://www.rapreviews.com/feature.html

9/10 is a little high (word to william), but good shit

dnjp4life

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:18 AM »
2.5 is better than 2 in my opinion (admittedly I have only heard choice cuts from 2 so far, and haven't listened to it all front to back).  2.5 just seems more consistent and has a good flow to it.  Some thoughts so far on 2.5:

- There are some songs in the middle of the album like 'From Adam' and 'Last Time You Seen' that are some of the best from The Game that I've heard and are fitting joints to be included on a sequel to The Documentary.
- It's great to see both DJ Quik and Battlecat production back-to-back on here.  The Battlecat-produced song is the highlight of the album for me.  For some reason the Quik joint sounded a bit better in the Boiler Room session leak; I think it would benefit from having the bpm pushed up a bit more to make it slighlty faster.
- The little skits (aside from the sex skit which is kind of annoying) add to the cohesive feel of the album.  Good to hear from DJ Eazy-Dicc once again!
- There a couple of joints I'm not that keen on towards the end of the album, namely 'Moment of Violence' and 'Like Father Like Son 2'. The first is clearly an outtake from 'Compton: a Soundtrack' with Game clearly imitating Dre's voice and flow, but it doesn't quite work.  'Like Father Like Son 2' is simply not a good enough sequel to the first, which is a classic.  Using basically the same chorus is a bit lazy too.

Overall though it's a good album with a lot of replay value.  Well done to Game for using the word kumquat in his raps as well; I've been waiting for the fruit to be referenced in a rhyme for the longest time.

Sccit

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »
2.5 is better than 2 in my opinion (admittedly I have only heard choice cuts from 2 so far, and haven't listened to it all front to back).  2.5 just seems more consistent and has a good flow to it.  Some thoughts so far on 2.5:

- There are some songs in the middle of the album like 'From Adam' and 'Last Time You Seen' that are some of the best from The Game that I've heard and are fitting joints to be included on a sequel to The Documentary.
- It's great to see both DJ Quik and Battlecat production back-to-back on here.  The Battlecat-produced song is the highlight of the album for me.  For some reason the Quik joint sounded a bit better in the Boiler Room session leak; I think it would benefit from having the bpm pushed up a bit more to make it slighlty faster.
- The little skits (aside from the sex skit which is kind of annoying) add to the cohesive feel of the album.  Good to hear from DJ Eazy-Dicc once again!
- There a couple of joints I'm not that keen on towards the end of the album, namely 'Moment of Violence' and 'Like Father Like Son 2'. The first is clearly an outtake from 'Compton: a Soundtrack' with Game clearly imitating Dre's voice and flow, but it doesn't quite work.  'Like Father Like Son 2' is simply not a good enough sequel to the first, which is a classic.  Using basically the same chorus is a bit lazy too.

Overall though it's a good album with a lot of replay value.  Well done to Game for using the word kumquat in his raps as well; I've been waiting for the fruit to be referenced in a rhyme for the longest time.

ive listened to 2 a few times front to back, and still haven't gotten around to bumpin 2.5 all the way through.......so far, both discs sound good. you should give 2 more of a chance, the disparity between them is not that big.

doggfather

« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2015, 06:43:36 AM »
this 2.5 is better than 2.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

So Much Style

« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2015, 09:22:38 AM »
theyre both good. these all get the big thumbs up from me:

on me
 just the other day
 summertime
 documentary 2
 standing on ferraris
 dont trip
 LA
 Step up

el chapo
 from adam
 80s and cocaine
 on the wall
 quiks groove
 outside

So much style back at it again

Sccit

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2015, 10:02:26 AM »
Mula is underrated .. The beat knocks

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2015, 10:13:59 AM »
Mula is underrated .. The beat knocks
Yeah that song heavily grew on me.

mrkmaidog

« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2015, 05:49:15 AM »
Damn this album is Hella dope a month later. so much replay value. Heads up about "Magnus Carlsen." The beat has changed if you listen to i tunes, spotify, amazon. Clearance issues perhaps? For several weaks, the track was pulled out and now it's back with a new beat. I'm guessing future copies of 2.5 will have the new beat??? I'm diggin this new beat, but I'm used to the original laid back beat. Perhaps this version will be on the Deluxe package? Any news on the Deluxe package? Game has filmed a video for "My Flag." Can't wait to see it.

Sccit

« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2015, 10:19:40 AM »
Damn this album is Hella dope a month later. so much replay value. Heads up about "Magnus Carlsen." The beat has changed if you listen to i tunes, spotify, amazon. Clearance issues perhaps? For several weaks, the track was pulled out and now it's back with a new beat. I'm guessing future copies of 2.5 will have the new beat??? I'm diggin this new beat, but I'm used to the original laid back beat. Perhaps this version will be on the Deluxe package? Any news on the Deluxe package? Game has filmed a video for "My Flag." Can't wait to see it.

That songs dope, they got the new version on YouTube ??

mrkmaidog

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »

Can't find it on Youtube. But listen to the 30second snippet off Amazon. New beat. I like it. Abit more midtempo, not laid back sounding like the original. Ppl who have hardcopies of 2.5, we might have a first pressing release with the original Magnus Carlsen beat if they are going to use this new beat on future pressings of 2.5 or The Deluxe Package.

New Magnus Carlsen Beat:
http://www.amazon.com/Documentary-2-5-Explicit-Game/dp/B016DZE2B8/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Sccit

« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Interesting .. Can't find nothin about this online, some1 need to find out the story. I know the OG version featured a Stevie wonder sample.

Blood$

« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

Can't find it on Youtube. But listen to the 30second snippet off Amazon. New beat. I like it. Abit more midtempo, not laid back sounding like the original. Ppl who have hardcopies of 2.5, we might have a first pressing release with the original Magnus Carlsen beat if they are going to use this new beat on future pressings of 2.5 or The Deluxe Package.

New Magnus Carlsen Beat:
http://www.amazon.com/Documentary-2-5-Explicit-Game/dp/B016DZE2B8/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

whoa... new version actually sounds pretty good but I prefer the original

someone throw up a link for the new version if they have it  8)

'EclipZe

« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »
El chapo and quicks groove are my favs.very solid album!

Sccit

« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »
El chapo and quicks groove are my favs.very solid album!

El chapo ain't even on my hard copy :'(