Author Topic: The Weeknd Says He Gave Drake Almost Half his Album To Make "Take Care" Because  (Read 426 times)

CORREA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tsYALpfkc6A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tsYALpfkc6A</a>

GangstaBoogy

The Weeknd worked his ass off to get where he's at. In 2011 alone he dropped: House of Balloons, Thursday, Echoes of Silence, and technically Take Care.

Notice after Abel and Aubrey fell out, Drake wasn't able to produce that dark drowned out sound anymore? Since then he's been using that annoying ass yelling flow he's been using since "Started From the Bottom". Meanwhile The Weeknd still uses the sound and has only added elements to make it better (listen to songs like "Professional" or "Where You Belong" to see what I mean).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

Weekend is a pop artist.. His stuff is too sappy for me

Blood$

he's the best (and only good) mainstream R&B singer out, he's just now blowing up on another level

there's reasons guys like Juicy J sampled him and still do

Sccit

he's the best (and only good) mainstream R&B singer out, he's just now blowing up on another level

ANDERSON PAAK >>>

EVEN MIGUEL

Blood$

ANDERSON PAAK >>>

EVEN MIGUEL

Anderson Paak? lmao not sure where he fits in this discussion

Miguel is cool but overrated, The Weekend bodies him in every department especially song writing

Sccit

ANDERSON PAAK >>>

EVEN MIGUEL

Miguel is cool but overrated, The Weekend bodies him in every department especially song writing

anderson paak has more soul, and miguel makes grown folk music.....if u like the overly sappy pop stuff, thats cool. he's not a bad artist, it jus aint for me.

Blood$

ANDERSON PAAK >>>

EVEN MIGUEL

anderson paak has more soul, and miguel makes grown folk music.....if u like the overly sappy pop stuff, thats cool. he's not a bad artist, it jus aint for me.

no doubt... I don't like every single thing The Weeknd drops but for the most part I fucks with him, he's trill in my book especially how he sings bluntly about doing drugs and fucking bitches lol not too sappy in my opinion but to each his own

DRGNBLZN

Yeah The Weeknd really took off with the song from 50 shades of grey. I love his 2011 trilogy and still play those more than his newer releases. I still like The Weeknd for the fact hes a fantastic songwriter and what blood$ said, hes not afraid to be blunt about certain topics.

BIGWORM

This is the only new R&B artist I can listen to. It's nice to listen to R&B that has nothing to do with love. Besides that 50 shades of grey track all his so called "pop/radio" songs are even sick. Even his radio tracks go over the average persons head. A song about COCAINE " I can't feel my face" is still running the radio. "High for this" a song about popping MDMA is used in a Hugo Boss comercial lol. Dude is different reminds me of Prince with his subliminal subject matter in his songs. Bottom line he's in his own lane killing it.....

Blood$

This is the only new R&B artist I can listen to. It's nice to listen to R&B that has nothing to do with love. Besides that 50 shades of grey track all his so called "pop/radio" songs are even sick. Even his radio tracks go over the average persons head. A song about COCAINE " I can't feel my face" is still running the radio. "High for this" a song about popping MDMA is used in a Hugo Boss comercial lol. Dude is different reminds me of Prince with his subliminal subject matter in his songs. Bottom line he's in his own lane killing it.....

money

J. B A N A N A S

Drake is a culture vulture

Although Weeknd fucked over his original producer on House of Balloons, his best project as well so...Chickens come home to roost.