Author Topic: The Guitars on the Makaveli Album  (Read 847 times)

donfathaimmortal

Re: The Guitars on the Makaveli Album
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »
Most of gutar parts and live bass were played by Ricky Rouse during the Makaveli sessions @ CAN-AM Studios, except "Toss It Up" which is not the original Jodeci one and which was made @ Ameraycan Studios.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:04:28 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

MOBNigga06

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 08:38:19 AM »
ricky rouse is a motherfucker on them guitars!  that guy is brilliant.  he also played a major role in the production on R U Still Down (part of wegotkidz productions), which is why it sounds so damn good.  btw, he was in parliament and was musical director for chaka khan.  dude's the real deal.

and if you look at the footage of the bass player in gridlock'd, it's a close-up shot on the bass and fingers when the guy is playing with no head shot.  his fingers also look super long as well.  never thought this was pac.  i believe it's a stand-in.

and yes, pac really orchestrated a lot of the production elements, especially during the makaveli era.  truly a genius.

and those leaked unreleased/outtakes/alt versions of the makaveli album have some awesome guitar work that didn't make the final cut.  "white manz world" comes to mind as having some really great guitar elements that didn't make it to retail.

Agree 100%. I was blown away by the OG of White Manz World. It's really much greater than the released version.

Never knew that Ricky Rouse was so accomplished. I figured he was just a random musician who happened to be in the studio at the time. Pac fucked with real niggas.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 05:05:58 AM »
Dual disc release is the best quality available

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Pac fucked with real niggas.

more like he had access to some of the best session musicians thanks to Death Row who had the connects. Pac benefited from all the perks and advantages being signed to Death Row presented. having access to top notch musicians was one of them (Cornelius Mims, Ricky Rouse T-Money Green, Sean Barney Thomas) even though 2pac didn't work with T-Money Green. it's not like he went out of his way to track down and hire specifically Ricky Rouse.

the 2001 re-mastered version of the Makaveli album by RWP isn't all that. far from that. You can hear interference noise / crackling sounds on a couple of songs including Me & My Girlfriend (same goes for Dogg Food on Reality and One by One).

makaveliapostle

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:55:01 PM »
@mobnigga06  here's a great bio on ricky.  first part of it really goes into who he's worked with over the years:

http://georgeclinton.com/family/ricardo-ricky-rouse/

jmix

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
lance and justin isham are responsible