Author Topic: Interesting Ice Cube article called Ice cube exposed  (Read 1880 times)

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
Re: Interesting Ice Cube article called Ice cube exposed
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »
did someone from the dubcnn forum write this ?
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

midwestryder

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »
the writer is reaching
SCHOOLY D created gangsta rap

writer is right

Hip-Hop was created in the South.

You think Schooly D created gangsta rap cuz he said so? You seriously think he was the first one to rap about gangsta shit? When Cube says that he started gangsta rap he's not talking about technically my man. You gotta read between the lines.
you are full shit & idiot . hip hop was created in the bronx in new york not the south ever . the south copied it from the bronx & new york . that is hip hop fact . just like ice t & dr dre have both said schooly d created gangsta rap. so yes schooly d was one of the first to rap about gangsta shit. that is fact & it shows you are young or not from the untied states.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »

You agree that Cube's agenda is to convert people to a secret cult?

The Nation of Islam is not secret. Besides that, the author didn't say it is his agenda to convert people. What he said was that he promoted the Nation of Islam.

he says Cube's trying to indoctrinate the youth

abusive

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Straight outta college.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

soopa-man

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »
It's crazy to me how much, people don't listen to lyrics and songs, cube wrote the most prolific and creative shit to me in hip hop.  He rapped in third person to storytelling to self awareness.  When he rapped "dope man" that was him telling you what exactly a dope man does with no exaggeration on the lifestyle like so many do now.
I mean I watch the Vlad interviews and he stirs up so much like Cube was faking some shit or saying that Cube rapped "I'll kill you, I'm a gangsta", Cube created from the perspective of some one on the inside looking to speak out.   You can clearly tell Vlad was raised on some partridge family shit.
Not every one in the hood killing, there's hardworking motherfuckers here, Cube to me sold out the least, as soon as rap got personified, he went to movies.

He is my favorite MC because his catalogue was tough, his flow was always on point. But to me Cube always told stories, like slick rick, but on some west coast g shit.  Unfortunately you have to live here or know what it is like to live in a gangbang barrio to k ow, you're affiliated by family friends etc... Don't mean you do that shit, but you know it... There's no fucking way a schoolyard punk would know first hand about all the shit he was saying. Cube was like 16 when he wrote most of the NWA shit and started rapping. That's genius to me and creative, out of some thing so painful to live through.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
oh my goodness!....not everyone who does gangsta rap is a gangsta? i never knew this. i thought u had to kill people to be a rapper. my mind is now blown.

bottom line, the story on cube is the same story on most rappers...and it's a lot more evident nowadays wit social media than it ever was. so true? yes...exposure? naah.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 08:09:02 PM »
I read that article a while back, I thought the author was either smoke crack or trying to make a piss poor parody. Either way how come everyone mentions cube and being bus to school but no one mentions Tupac going to an extremely nice school and becoming a fucking Ballad dancer. The people who debate constantly about this shit like the wiggers in Eurosovakia and DJVlad are the people who never ever lived anything close to the poverty life style. They're the people who've never deal with any of the real Life issues or situations being in that type of environment. It's like all those pissed off rockers in the 70s and 80s, calming to be hardcore motherfuckers, when the reality is they lived in a suburb and the only authority they ever dealt with was from they own nuclear family.