Author Topic: Rick Ross "Black Market" Album Discussion 12/4/15 ft. Nas, Dj Premier, Ceelo  (Read 1202 times)

mrkmaidog

Damn after the Suprise mixtape #BlackDollar from September, Rozay is looking to end 2015 with a bang with his new album #BlackMarket. This sounds like its gonna be in the sounds of "Deeper Than Rap." Lotta top notch soulful tunes & rozay definitley stepped the lyrics/flows up. The 2 tracks "Foreclosures" produced by Justice League & "Money Dance" produced by Jake One is on the album. "Amazing Grace" is so hella dope, been waiting for 5 years for the track to drop and its not on the album. (beat was from the Teflon Don era) Got Nas on the album & wow, Preemo!!! This is gonna be top contender for album of the year or top 5 or 10.

Waits for a troll to bring up his C.O past, stole his name from Freeway "Broke Snitch" Ricky Ross etc....
I tunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/black-market-deluxe/id1060265321?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Tracklist:

1. Free Enterprise (feat. John Legend)
2. Smile Mama, Smile (feat. CeeLo Green)
3. One of Us (feat. Nas)
4. Silk Road
5. Color Money
6. Dope Dick
7. Crocodile Python
8. Ghostwriter
9. Black Opium (feat. DJ Premier)
10. Can't Say No (feat. Mariah Carey)
11. Peace Sign
12. Very Best (feat. Mary J. Blige)
13. Sorry (feat. Chris Brown)
14. D.O.P.E. (feat. Future)
15. Foreclosures
16. Money Dance (feat. The-Dream)
17. Carol City

"Amazing Grace" (not on album, beat from Teflon Don era. Beat is SOOO Crazy.)
https://soundcloud.com/rickyrozaymmg/rozay-amazing-grace

"Sorry" ft. Chris Brown video (produced by Scot Storch)

"Money Dance" ft. The Dream video (produced by Jake One)

"Foreclosures" (produced by Justice League) (BANGER!!!)

"Crocodile Python" produced by Jahlil Beats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgbFPCXfBo&feature=youtu.be

Renzel Remixes Disc 1
http://www.datpiff.com/Rick-Ross-Renzel-Remixes-mixtape.749640.html

Renzel Remixes Disc 2 http://www.datpiff.com/Rick-Ross-Renzel-Remixes-Disc-2-mixtape.749649.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:35:28 AM by mrkmaidog »

Blood$

not feeling the features, too many singers and not enough rappers but the production will be top notch as usual

I'm sure those Nas and Preemo tracks will be piffy

mrkmaidog

That joint with ESCO is HEAT!!!! Always dope collabos when the 2 connect. This album is living to the Hype. Can't wait to buy this.

CORREA

another 1 to the Recycle Bin

mrkmaidog

another 1 to add to the top albums of 2015. Updated with I-tunes preorder link. #DEC4th

mrkmaidog

http://www.mtv.com/news/2512563/rick-ross-black-market-preview/

5 Standout Tracks From Rick Ross’ Black Market Album
Rozay previews his "most sincere" project yet.

LOS ANGELES — Rick Ross is gearing up to unleash his latest album Black Market on Dec. 4. Ahead of the release, Rozay held a listening session at Sonos Studios in Los Angeles on Thursday, Nov. 19, where he previewed a handful of the project’s cuts.

Before we get into the sneak peek, it’s important to note that Black Market is just the latest in a long line of successful Rozay albums. That’s important because Ross seems confident that this will be, as DJ Khaled would say, another one. “We’re gonna make history once again,” he told the crowd on Thursday, while playing select tracks. So, will he succeed?

With A New Vision And Fiancée Lira Galore At His Side, Rick Ross Is More Driven Than Ever

The project’s definitely got the star power to do it. Just look at this featured guest lineup: Future, Mariah Carey, Nas, Meek Mill, John Legend, DJ Premier, Chris Brown, The Dream and Cee Lo Green. But what do these tracks sound like?

Well, Rozay wants to keep some of them — like the one with Mariah, for example — under wraps for now, but he did share a few of the high-profile collabs at the session. Here’s a breakdown:

“Free Enterprise” feat. John Legend
    Rick-Ross-3795

Andres Tardio/MTV News

John and Rozay have a solid (and extensive) track record. Songs like “Maybach Curtains,” “Magnificent,” “Rich Forever,” and “Break My Heart” have all shown us what these two can make together. So this is just the latest example of their chemistry.

“Free Enterprise” is also the album’s intro. It sets the stage for some self-reflection as The Bawse raps about his image and how he’s perceived while Legend brings some inspiring vocals.
“Smile Mama, Smile” feat. Cee Lo Green
Rick-Ross-3719
Andres Tardio/MTV News

This joint lives up to its title and is a heartfelt ode to Rozay’s mom. It’s particularly moving because of Ross’ ability to be open and vulnerable on the track.

“No more Promethazine,” he rhymes on the cut. “That’ll make her proud.” Opening up about his lean use and how it affects his mother is pretty bold and yet another sign of self analysis on the LP. Adding Cee Lo to the mix only helps bring more emotion to the cut. This might be one of Rozay’s most touching tracks yet.
“D.O.P.E.” feat. Future
Rick-Ross-Listening-Dope
Andres Tardio/MTV News

Future brings his trademark trap bounce to this track. In fact, while Rozay sat for much of the other album cuts, “D.O.P.E.” had him up and dancing, as you can see above. And yep, that’s Renzel’s “D.O.P.E.” dance.
“One Of Us” feat. Nas
Rick-Ross-3879
Andres Tardio/MTV News

During the listening session, Ross repeatedly referred to Nas as a legend (though he called him by his full first name, Nasir). This legend is actually now a frequent collaborator and together, they crafted another standout. If you’ve enjoyed their past collabs (“Triple Beam Dreams,” “Accident Murderers” and “Maybach Curtains,” for instance) “One of Us” will be another Esco/Rozay banger to add to your playlist.

Meek Mill — who was in attendance, along with Lil Durk and Freddie Gibbs — seemed to really be into this one, too. He was rapping along to the verses and nodding his head to the bars.
“Dope D-ck”
Rick-Ross-3618

Andres Tardio/MTV News

This track doesn’t have a guest appearance, but it was notable at the session because of one particular line. And here it is: “No shots, but I write all of my raps.”

Given the Drake/Meek Mill saga that’s dominated rap headlines this year, that line stood out and perhaps speaks to what “Ghostwriter” is going to be about too. We’ll have to wait and see about that, of course. But still, you can’t help but be intrigued by a line like this at a time like this.

Listen To Rick Ross’ New Black Dollar Mixtape Now

After listening to some pieces of the Black Market puzzle, I’m reminded of an interview I conducted with Rozay last month. At the time, he told us what we could expect from the project.

“The album is most definitely my most sincere, maybe my most powerful yet,” he explained to MTV News. “It’s about me really opening my mind up past making music that I just wanna hear in the club, but actually having discussions with motherf–kers that they may actually absorb and understand what I’m talking about.”
Rick-Ross-Listening
Andres Tardio/MTV News

Songs like “Smile Mama, Smile” and “Free Enterprise” exemplify that. And, that’s just scratching the surface.

So, will Black Market be Ross’s best LP yet? Time will tell. We’ve only heard a few of the album cuts and there’s still much more to unpack, but so far, we are getting much of what Rozay promised us.

mrkmaidog

DJ Ske interview below. Damn the snippets from the album sounds FIRE. Production is TOP NOTCH, that Mariah joint samples her classic "Can't Let Go", sounds like it could be a big radio hit.

mrkmaidog

updated with another leak "Crocodile Python" produced by Jahlil Beats. Man this beat is SOOOO DOPE!!!! Soulful hiphop. It's crazy how Rozay can pick out some of the best beats in the industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgbFPCXfBo&feature=youtu.be

Marco

Amazing Grace is :o 8)

This track is on repeat..
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

CORREA

rick ross the master of the remix no one has done it better

mrkmaidog

i tunes album snippets are now up. DAMN this sounds like a #DeeperThanRap part 2 album, which is my favorite Rozay album. Strong soulful tunes. The double cd mixtape #RenzelRemixes should be dropping anytime soon. LOL at the tracklist featuring 50 Cent on "In Da Club."

Disc 1 tracklist (Renzel Remixes)

Disc 2 tracklist
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:01:52 PM by mrkmaidog »

mrkmaidog

new hot 97 interview. damn that new track "Color Money" sounds like he's dissing drizzy.  This friday Black Market!!!

GangstaBoogy

Waits for a troll to bring up his C.O past, stole his name from Freeway "Broke Snitch" Ricky Ross etc....

Or we could mention that besides Khaled, he's one of the most corning and annoying people in all of hip-hop? Or how laughable his fake mafia boss persona is? Or how annoyingly predictable his music is? Example, I haven't listened to this album (or the last 2 for that matter) but let me guess: drug dealing, poppin bottles in the club, eating wings, and driving maybachs over great production. #AmIright?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CORREA

Or we could mention that besides Khaled, he's one of the most corning and annoying people in all of hip-hop? Or how laughable his fake mafia boss persona is? Or how annoyingly predictable his music is? Example, I haven't listened to this album (or the last 2 for that matter) but let me guess: drug dealing, poppin bottles in the club, eating wings, and driving maybachs over great production. #AmIright?

u heard one song you heard them all ross the master of the remix the only man in hip hop who was able to remix the same song since day one  :D