Author Topic: Snoop Dogg furious over Billboard “10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time"  (Read 1927 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Dogg furious over Billboard “10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time"
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
NO WAY THEY BEIN SERIOUS.....THEY MADE THAT LIST FOR CLICKS, BOTTOM LINE

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »
They probably wanted to put Eminem first but they didn't want to be accused of showing racial preference...

...why Jay-Z always makes these lists is bullshit to me....

Pac not being on it is a complete injustice... and Snoop as well

I don't have a prob with Lauren being their token female on the list, at least it wasn't Niki Minaj

Jay Z plays the industries games, fucking faggot needs to catch aids and die talking bout he was a drug dealer and shit, I believe his bitch ass got shot 3 times, motherfucker looks like a Victim.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 03:53:33 AM »
If they include biggie with one album. Then DOC should be number 1.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
Its just made for controversy. Come on, Lauryn Hill?

Only rappers that should be on that list without any discussion are Biggie and Em. Nas could be considered - but rest? I dont know what they had in mind doing that list. Ghostface and Andre out of nowhere. I hope it isnt lil wayne on the 10th. Snoop's reaction definetly on point. He should be on the list too.

WestWestYA

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »
Its just made for controversy. Come on, Lauryn Hill?

Only rappers that should be on that list without any discussion are Biggie and Em. Nas could be considered - but rest? I dont know what they had in mind doing that list. Ghostface and Andre out of nowhere. I hope it isnt lil wayne on the 10th. Snoop's reaction definetly on point. He should be on the list too.
Wayne is number 10 smh.

mrfranklin

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 12:04:19 AM »
hahahah, this is a joke!

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »
i mean, it makes sense...if the list was what it should be

1.2pac
2.biggie
3.rakim
4.nas
5.ice cube
6.kool g-rap
7.eminem
8.krs-one
9.snoop dogg
10.big pun

a list like this would make much more sense....but at the same time, it wouldnt make more $en$e

Mietek23

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 12:58:17 AM »
Snoop's right - this is some bullshit.

So Much Style

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
1.kurupt
2.eminem
3.jayz
4. 2pac
5.snoop
6. biggie
7.nas
8. crooked I
9. andre 3k
10. royce
So much style back at it again

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »
1.kurupt
2.eminem
3.jayz
4. 2pac
5.snoop
6. biggie
7.nas
8. crooked I
9. andre 3k
10. royce

U really got jay above pac?

CORREA

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »
1.kurupt
2.eminem
3.jayz
4. 2pac
5.snoop
6. biggie
7.nas
8. crooked I
9. andre 3k
10. royce

lmao thanks for the entertainment this list is ridiculous and to top it off a rapper who never sold shit lol

CORREA

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »
i just can see it now retards on here posting their own top 10 filled with rappers we never saw again after 1996 :laugh:

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
In terms of impact, skill, sales, quality there is a tier 1 group consisting of 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Jay-Z and arguably Nas. These guys have the "full package". Massive impact, massive respect from other rappers, awesome skills, massive sales (with the possible exception of Nas, who was never THAT huge sales wise). This group of rappers is impossible to ignore on lists like these and I would probably question any top 10 that failed to include any of those five guys.

Then there is an old-skool group of highly influential 80's rappers like Rakim, KRS-one, Melle Mel, etc. On the one hand one could argue that these guys deserve a spot, on the other hand the game has evolved a lot since their time, and they furthermore suffer from hip-hop primarily being an underground phenomenon in the 80's (at least compared to what it became in the 90's and 00's).

Then there is a group of highly skilled rappers who for various reasons have had less of a cultural impact or commercial success, who you could argue belongs to the list solely based on skill level. From this group Kendrick Lamar is probably the most succesful and the one that is toughest to ignore for such a list.

Then you have a group of rappers whose argument is mainly that they were enormously succesful. This includes rappers like 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, T.I., Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg, Dr.Dre (the rapper, not the producer) and a whole host of others, including even maligned names like MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. The problem with this bunch is that they aren't really that highly regarded as masters of the craft, but rather as really succesful "pop"-rappers.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »
^Prime snoop is a master of his craft tho .. Moreso than jay-z, no doubt

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:47 AM »
^Prime snoop is a master of his craft tho .. Moreso than jay-z, no doubt
I agree, since I am a big fan of Snoop (except the part about Jay-Z). He would be in my personal top 5. However, I also agree with the people who say that he fell off in a major way and that he really only does one thing really well. In terms of pure skill, he isn't really in the Tier 1, no matter how much I personally enjoy his style. His catalogue also suffers from serious quality control issues. Only Doggystyle and Tha Last Meal were really flawless. Every other Snoop album feels bloated.