Author Topic: “Straight Outta Compton” Unrated Director’s Cut Release Date Announced  (Read 1836 times)

CORREA

Two new music releases will also arrive in stores.

The unrated director’s cut of Straight Outta Compton is set to be released on digital HD January 5, 2016, according to HipHopWired.

The Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand versions of the film are scheduled to be released January 19.

The new version of the movie includes commentary from director F. Gary Gray and deleted scenes, among other extras.

The January release of speciality versions of the Straight Outta Compton film will be joined by two music projects tied to the movie.

Straight Outta Compton: The Soundtrack will feature remastered versions of N.W.A songs “Express Yourself” and “Quiet On Tha Set,” while Straight Outta Compton: Original Motion Picture Score will feature music composed and conducted by Joseph Trapanese.

Earlier this month, Straight Outta Compton became the highest-grossing film by a Black director in cinematic history. The biopic follows the rise of N.W.A to national prominence.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
Wow, great news!

JeremyM

Seems like this soundtrack would be a great place for that newly uncovered version of F the Police. Maybe that's how it leaked?

Blasphemy

• 'G'
Two new music releases will also arrive in stores.

The unrated director’s cut of Straight Outta Compton is set to be released on digital HD January 5, 2016, according to HipHopWired.

The Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand versions of the film are scheduled to be released January 19.

The new version of the movie includes commentary from director F. Gary Gray and deleted scenes, among other extras.

The January release of speciality versions of the Straight Outta Compton film will be joined by two music projects tied to the movie.

Straight Outta Compton: The Soundtrack will feature remastered versions of N.W.A songs “Express Yourself” and “Quiet On Tha Set,” while Straight Outta Compton: Original Motion Picture Score will feature music composed and conducted by Joseph Trapanese.

Earlier this month, Straight Outta Compton became the highest-grossing film by a Black director in cinematic history. The biopic follows the rise of N.W.A to national prominence.

Predicting possible: 2 new scenes feature Yella and MC Ren Pre-group, The Dre/Eazy Beef, more concert scenes, hopefully more Niggaz 4 Life Era, The Predator album, possibly Boyz N the Hood, Jerry heller finding the guns in the duffel bag (was in the trailer but not the movie), Dr. Dre in jail (in trailer but not movie), Doggystyle sessions,  It was a good day, possibly showing more of the "interviews, news" from that Era just to illustrate just how big it really was back then (imo all the lack radio play, controversy, original banning of the SOC video, was all missing).

What I'm predicting they possibly won't show: Dr. Dre beating Dee, 100 Miles and Runnin/Jackin 4 Beats,  Eazy E in a realistic way (E in this was denutted like a motherfucker),  Avoiding the Eazy/Dre beef because "Real motherfucking Gz" essentially Chin checks Dr. Dre and voids his whole persona developed in the Film. Suge beating someones ass for recording a track to far, Suge running into Dr. Dre's house to rob him of all his masters, Tupac dying.

Sccit

hope it's 3 hours long

doggfather

hope it's 3 hours long

3 and a half. i read somewhere.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Blood$

dope especially since the ad I seen in FYE originally said Feb. 9th lol the sooner the better  8)

abusive

If they are smart they'll take all of the criticism they have gotten into consideration and re-film some new scenes. At least mention real cpt g's.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Blood$

If they are smart they'll take all of the criticism they have gotten into consideration and re-film some new scenes. At least mention real cpt g's.

LOL.. nobody in the history of anything has every gone and 're-filmed' due to some criticism, you realize how much money and time that would waste? they aren't trying to come out of pocket for the fans, but I'm sure the director's cut mentions "Real CPT Gs"  8)

GangstaBoogy

Spoiler: Eazy E dies at the end
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blasphemy

• 'G'
It's not gonna be the 3 and a half hour version, from what i've read it's just gonna be an additional 20 minutes. I'm assuming it will go more into making of The Chronic or Niggaz4Life, probably add a couple of more concert and partying scenes, maybe show more Death Row and how fucked up it gradually became. Honestly because they cut so much out from the film entirely, I'm not actually sure what they'll show, because had they just hinted at the various acts around the label at the time, Maybe. Honestly I'd hope they show the making behind Amerikkkaz most wanted, Death Certificate, and after the Riots, The Predator.

mrfranklin

I wish it was the 3hour version . I am still going to get it. It is a great one for my collection.

Sccit

if theres a 3 and a half hour version, why not release it for the loyalists? makes more $en$e