Author Topic: “Straight Outta Compton” Unrated Director’s Cut Release Date Announced  (Read 1835 times)

Blasphemy

• 'G'
if theres a 3 and a half hour version, why not release it for the loyalists? makes more $en$e
Possibly that version is actually just a polished up ruff cutt, and beyond review decided to cut it down into a Directors cut and a producers cut (the one u see in theaters), It's not uncommon, Wolf of Wall street has a 4  and a half hour Cut or some shit, Once Upon a Time in Americas original cut was 6 and a half hours long. A few directors (like James Cameron for example) avoid that Directors cut shit and make whatever releases into the theaters the cut they approve of.

So I'm assuming Gray's original 3 and Half hour version was what was originally put together with the footage they shot, and he edited it down to what he wanted and then the Studio edited it down to what we saw in theaters. If you really want to see how the cuts of films can be affected by the people involved, look up Alien 3, that film was a clusterfuck when they made it.

So basically how it went was Alien 3 released the Studios cut (what was scene in theaters), but years later released another version dubbed  "The Assembly Cut", however neither version was cut by the director himself, hence his version could be different. I've always found it crazy how films could actually be so Vastly different if they had just been cut differently, how the messages, meaning and the general fill can be completely transformed just by simply editing. I mean shit Imagine if you saw Pulp Fiction in order (which apparently some one recut it to be in order). The Godfather Part 2 had to recut its flashbacks because apparently in the original cut audiences couldn't understand it.

doggfather

Spoiler: Eazy E dies at the end

troll mode on.  ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Yea another good example is Halloween 6 .. It went from bein a classic Michael flick to an average one based on how it was cut for theatres. The producers cut is still highly regarded and has a completely different storyline than what was released.

Blood$

Yea another good example is Halloween 6 .. It went from bein a classic Michael flick to an average one based on how it was cut for theatres. The producers cut is still highly regarded and has a completely different storyline than what was released.

money... that's my 3rd favorite Halloween movie too lol

Hack Wilson - real

After christmas???

Wack

Blasphemy

• 'G'
After christmas???

Wack
That BLEW MY MIND 2,  but I'm assuming they don't wanna deal with Black Friday/Holiday Deals or some shit, other wise I don't see why they would waste the opportunity to sell during the season were everyone is buying shit.

Proc pka KP

Did 2 soundtracks ever get released?

Okka

Did 2 soundtracks ever get released?

A quick Google check shows that they were released.

Wonder if they'll release a version of it thats more accurate without Dre morphing into Tyson and knocking out 3 Bloods with one punch whilst Eazy became a sniveling little broke bitch.

Scust at the retelling of that story when E was and still is the only thorough one out of them all.

Proc pka KP

A quick Google check shows that they were released.

Tracklists?

Okka

Tracklists?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Compton:_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture

The other soundtrack is just the movie score like the article says in this thread. There's no unreleased songs in either one.

Proc pka KP

Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Okka