Author Topic: High till I die song  (Read 503 times)

CORREA

High till I die song
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »
Does anybody really care for any version of this song? I just went through all versions i like the solo version i don't care for the raggae, the thug life one is alright too i guess. it's not a spectacular song but it's alright but I was offered to buy the reel for 500$ I passed cuz it's not a song I liked too much but I wanted to know what ya thought of it  8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: High till I die song
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:05:38 AM »
Does anybody really care for any version of this song? I just went through all versions i like the solo version i don't care for the raggae, the thug life one is alright too i guess. it's not a spectacular song but it's alright but I was offered to buy the reel for 500$ I passed cuz it's not a song I liked too much but I wanted to know what ya thought of it  8)

I was always impressed with the official version that came out on the Sunset Park album.  To me that's clearly the best version and most official.  Death Row was well represented on that soundtrack, as the Dogg Pound came with "Just Doggin" which was also released in different forms but the Sunset Park version was by far the best, in my opinion.  And for West Coast historians it was also the last moment when Death Row was at their strongest, Nate is still givin props to Dre in the song and the soundtrack dropped just as news came out that Dre left.  (It's funny because I was only just turning 14 when the track was released so when they said "now he's fucking up the whole rap industry" I wasn't sure if by "Fuckin Up" they meant Dre was going to ruin the industry by leaving Death Row or if they were giving him props)

...But I must admit that album was dominated by the Jermaine Dupri produced MC Lyte track—which is still one of the best R&B meets rap tracks I've ever heard.  As far as female emcees go that was a classic femcee track from MC Lyte "Keep On Keepin On".

That movie and soundtrack just brings me back to the good ol' dayz.... rap in its prime and my own life in its prime as well......
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:09:54 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

itzkarl813

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Agreed! ^^  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »
Love the released version.  Classic as fuxk.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 10:27:24 AM »
Ur thinking of spending 500 bux on old 2pac reels?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:39:38 AM »
Agreed! ^^  8)

good lookin out.  You must be old enough to remember the good ol' dayz 8)
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mrfranklin

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
Classic song! I love the way the track rewinds itself.