Author Topic: Kobe retired?  (Read 1295 times)

FernandoWCR

Kobe retired?
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »
Wasn't this 3 years ago?

I guess he figured he couldn't beat Golden State.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Kobe retired?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:33:38 AM »
Truth

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »
He tore his Achilles beating golden state ....... And the rest is history

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
if he kept on playing for a few more years, he'd probably lose his ability to walk straight.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
if he kept on playing for a few more years, he'd probably lose his ability to walk straight.

True dat. Glad he came up with that decision - too bad it didn't happen back in 2013 after the achilles injury... still, it's pretty sad watching a talent like Kobe go.

There's only a selected few who knows when it's time to go out in the blaze of glory - and Kobe ain't one of them. I respect him for putting out effort in trying to come back, but your body ain't responding back at 35/36/37 years old they way it used to, when you were 28.

One of the best to ever do it - he'll probably go down as a Top 2 Laker in the history, Top 2-3 shooting guard ever and a Top 10 player of all time. Great legacy for a guy starting off bench in a franchise packed with legends... he dosen't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.

I hope he will have a decent season, and will improve his shooting % - and for fucks sake, someone should stop him from making those terrible 3-pt shots, cause 17 3-pt attempts is just ridiculous @ this point.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

True dat. Glad he came up with that decision - too bad it didn't happen back in 2013 after the achilles injury... still, it's pretty sad watching a talent like Kobe go.

There's only a selected few who knows when it's time to go out in the blaze of glory - and Kobe ain't one of them. I respect him for putting out effort in trying to come back, but your body ain't responding back at 35/36/37 years old they way it used to, when you were 28.

One of the best to ever do it - he'll probably go down as a Top 2 Laker in the history, Top 2-3 shooting guard ever and a Top 10 player of all time. Great legacy for a guy starting off bench in a franchise packed with legends... he dosen't have to prove anything to anyone anymore.

I hope he will have a decent season, and will improve his shooting % - and for fucks sake, someone should stop him from making those terrible 3-pt shots, cause 17 3-pt attempts is just ridiculous @ this point.

Backhanded compliments lol .. So tell me 2 shooting guards in NBA history who can be considered better than Kobe? Don't worry, I'll wait.

If he ain't on your NBA Mount Rushmore then u trippin.

Mietek23

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »

Backhanded compliments lol .. So tell me 2 shooting guards in NBA history who can be considered better than Kobe? Don't worry, I'll wait.

If he ain't on your NBA Mount Rushmore then u trippin.

1 = MJ
2 = Kobe or Jerry West

that's why I said he'll go down as Top 2-3 SG - younger dudes will pick Kobe, older ones will go with Mr. Logo. I didn't saw too much material from West, so at the end of the day I'll probably go with KB also.

No, he ain't on my Mount Rushmore, but I got him in my Top 10 all-time list tho.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »
No disrespect but lmao@jerry west

Mietek23

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 02:22:03 AM »

What about Big O? or Wilt? or Elgin Baylor?

Wanna "lmao" them too? Just cause we ain't seen them play live, like we did MJ/Kobe/LeBron/Shaq/Duncan dosen't mean they don't belong in the conversation dude.

I know your an ultra Kobe fanatic, but please - stop it.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

Wanna "lmao" them too? Just cause we ain't seen them play live, like we did MJ/Kobe/LeBron/Shaq/Duncan dosen't mean they don't belong in the conversation dude.

We're talkin about 2guards now .. To put Jerry West above or in the same echelon as Kobe is blasphemous. No disrespect to the legend, but have you ever checked Jerry Wests finals record? He's not even close to Kobe. Wilt is in the discussion.. Oscar and Baylor, again, great players, but not in Kobes top-tier echelon. Didn't have to watch them live, Ive studied the game enough to know this off top.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »

We're talkin about 2guards now .. To put Jerry West above or in the same echelon as Kobe is blasphemous. No disrespect to the legend, but have you ever checked Jerry Wests finals record? He's not even close to Kobe. Wilt is in the discussion.. Oscar and Baylor, again, great players, but not in Kobes top-tier echelon. Didn't have to watch them live, Ive studied the game enough to know this off top.

You're talking crazy. Jerry had 32 ppg in the finals . The problem was he was playing against Bill Russell.  If Russell was on the Lakers Jerry West would have been regarded the greatest ever because they would have won all 11 Titles that the Celtics won and maybe one more after Bill retired and Jerry was still there. And Jerry West would have been the white guy that lead in scoring for that dynasty.  The racist US media would have made him massively huge.

Not saying Jerry should be considered the GOAT buy to scoff at the idea of arguing him against Kobe and using team win loss stats agains America''s greatest dynasty is wrong on your part.

Jerry won the MVP in a finals The Lakers lost. He did his thing. The Celtics were just better and because of Russell.  Kobe had the best center in the game in his prime for 3 rings. Jerry never had that. When he did get Wilt and faced the Celtocd Russell destroyed Wilt. It was all Jerry.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »

You're talking crazy. Jerry had 32 ppg in the finals . The problem was he was playing against Bill Russell.  If Russell was on the Lakers Jerry West would have been regarded the greatest ever because they would have won all 11 Titles that the Celtics won and maybe one more after Bill retired and Jerry was still there. And Jerry West would have been the white guy that lead in scoring for that dynasty.  The racist US media would have made him massively huge.

Not saying Jerry should be considered the GOAT buy to scoff at the idea of arguing him against Kobe and using team win loss stats agains America''s greatest dynasty is wrong on your part.

Jerry won the MVP in a finals The Lakers lost. He did his thing. The Celtics were just better and because of Russell.  Kobe had the best center in the game in his prime for 3 rings. Jerry never had that. When he did get Wilt and faced the Celtocd Russell destroyed Wilt. It was all Jerry.

lol the fuck u talkin bout, west had some AMAZING teams built around him... Kobe won back-to-back with pau gasol and lamar odom. West is an inspiration to me and one of the greatests to ever do it, but he's not in the discussion for GOAT laker. Kobe, Magic, and Kareem are. As incredible as west was, they were simply a level above him.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »

lol the fuck u talkin bout, west had some AMAZING teams built around him... Kobe won back-to-back with pau gasol and lamar odom. West is an inspiration to me and one of the greatests to ever do it, but he's not in the discussion for GOAT laker. Kobe, Magic, and Kareem are. As incredible as west was, they were simply a level above him.

West did have amazing teams, and he went to the finals like 9 times. But 6 of those 9 times he was playing against the greatest team ever. Kobe didn't win shit against a dynasty team with Pau and Lamar. Jerry's Lakers would have beaten the 09 Magic.

Again, I'm not arguing for West being as good as those guys, though I don't know how you have Kareem above Shaq (as a Laker). That's a joke. Kareem's best years was before going to LA. He won his first ring with LA on the bench injured as Magic carried the load. If Shaq went down I don't see Kobe carrying that team to 3 straight and being MVP 3 years in a row. Your hatred of Shaq is odd, and makes you delusional.

As far as GOAT Lakers its Magic by a landslide and then Shaq and Kobe can share the 2. Its more a joke to put Kobe with Magic than it is to put West with Kobe. Give Jerry West a Shaquille O'Niel for the 60s and they beat the Celtics at least 4 times of the 6.

And my more point about West being regarded the GOAT was to do with racist America. If the press got to hang their hat on a 7 time Champion white guy they wou;ld, because if Russell were on the Lakers West would have at least 7 rings, and I'm being generous, and he would have been the lead scorer for everyone of them. And I don't think an team beats a 60s Lakers with Bill Russell on it, all things made even, not the 80s Lakers, 80s Celtics, 90s Bulls, or 2000s Lakers.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 04:41:20 AM »

West did have amazing teams, and he went to the finals like 9 times. But 6 of those 9 times he was playing against the greatest team ever. Kobe didn't win shit against a dynasty team with Pau and Lamar. Jerry's Lakers would have beaten the 09 Magic.

Again, I'm not arguing for West being as good as those guys, though I don't know how you have Kareem above Shaq (as a Laker). That's a joke. Kareem's best years was before going to LA. He won his first ring with LA on the bench injured as Magic carried the load. If Shaq went down I don't see Kobe carrying that team to 3 straight and being MVP 3 years in a row. Your hatred of Shaq is odd, and makes you delusional.

As far as GOAT Lakers its Magic by a landslide and then Shaq and Kobe can share the 2. Its more a joke to put Kobe with Magic than it is to put West with Kobe. Give Jerry West a Shaquille O'Niel for the 60s and they beat the Celtics at least 4 times of the 6.

And my more point about West being regarded the GOAT was to do with racist America. If the press got to hang their hat on a 7 time Champion white guy they wou;ld, because if Russell were on the Lakers West would have at least 7 rings, and I'm being generous, and he would have been the lead scorer for everyone of them. And I don't think an team beats a 60s Lakers with Bill Russell on it, all things made even, not the 80s Lakers, 80s Celtics, 90s Bulls, or 2000s Lakers.

lol basketball is clearly not your first sport .. First of all, magic, jerry, shaq etc. have all already alluded to Kobe being the goat laker and it's really sad to see someone go as far as questioning this. I have no beef with anyone naming magic, but to say Kobe isn't in the same class as magic is a joke. The difference between Kobe and magic was that Kobe was a lockdown defender while magic was average at best on D.. Basketball is a sport of offense and defense. So spare me the revisionist talk homie... As for shaq being a greater laker than Kareem LOL .. Kareem spent 13 years in LA and won 5 titles in the process. He's just a better overall player than Shaq, and it's not even up for debate.. He came to LA in the midst of his prime and spent the duration of his career here. Shaq was a beast, but also became a journey man at the end of his career. And if Shaq went down vs the nets, sixers, or pacers in the finals, I duno if Kobe woulda started at center, but lakers woulda still won with Kobe putting up huge numbers ala magic Johnson .. Let's not pretend magic played the entire series without Kareem, because it was only one game.......other than that, I can tell u like Jerry a little extra because he's white, and I got no problem with that...but let's not give him extra credit and start comparing him to Kobe or Magic when he doesn't have the rings... If ands or buts don't count in basketball, Karl Malone would be considered the goat PF with just 1 or 2 rings .. But he's not, and that's why Tim Duncan is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:44:18 AM by Sccit »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 12:04:05 PM »
I could care less about West. I just know how America works. And my beef isn't saying West is better or worse. It's saying it's because of team wins and losses. Kobe without Shaq wouldn't have gotten to the finals to win in those years and Kareem without Magic wouldn't have either. But West on those trams doesn't either.

You want to debate why one player is better than the other debate the skill sets not the team accomplishments.