Author Topic: 'To Pimp A Butterfly' is Rolling Stone's #1 album from 2015  (Read 636 times)

DRGNBLZN

'To Pimp A Butterfly' is Rolling Stone's #1 album from 2015
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2015-20151201

The rest of the list isn't much to look at but props to them for recognizing the real  8)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: 'To Pimp A Butterfly' is Rolling Stone's #1 album from 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
"Compton" is not even in the top...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
It was an incredible album and very slept on.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
Great album but Compton was better

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:20:01 PM »

production wise yes lyrically fuck no

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »

production wise yes lyrically fuck no

Overall better album

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
To me, 'To Pimp A Butterfly' is more of an album you sit down and listen to with your headphones. 'Compton', you can enjoy with just about whatever you're doing. I enjoy both probably just as much but personally Dre's album is more my style. K.Dot's album was a lot more successful because Dre doesn't appeal to these kids today  :-\

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
"Compton" is not even in the top...

This is a fuccin outrage................ Muthafuckaz is sleepin.... Compton was far and away the best of the year, it's not even close!! 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »
TPAB was a great idea, great concept and lyrically on point but even with that I feel the album is boring to listen to.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 11:48:06 AM »
TPAB was a great idea, great concept and lyrically on point but even with that I feel the album is boring to listen to.

I agree, when I first listened to the album in full it was through studio headphones and I was on a plane ride to Texas off a few edibles, so my first initial reaction was "wow this could be the greatest album of all time" but as the year went on I only found myself re-playing a few tracks here and there in the whip

not to say it's not a solid to near classic album by any means, it's just mood music where as Compton can be played in different settings and is just simply more digestible

Game-Won

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
I enjoyed TPAB more than Compton.

But i have listen to DOC 2+2,5 more than both of them.

I like gangsta rap more i guess - But TPAB is sleept on, its insane - the interview with Pac is love.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:44 PM »

I agree, when I first listened to the album in full it was through studio headphones and I was on a plane ride to Texas off a few edibles, so my first initial reaction was "wow this could be the greatest album of all time" but as the year went on I only found myself re-playing a few tracks here and there in the whip

not to say it's not a solid to near classic album by any means, it's just mood music where as Compton can be played in different settings and is just simply more digestible

Music is situational for most people.. That's why they don't understand that their opinion is fickle and overall meaningless. U have to be able to listen to music with a clear mind and conscience to truly critique it accurately.

CORREA

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
people are about beats today that's why Kendricks album was sleapt on