Author Topic: Jadakiss Talks Almost Signing With Death Row  (Read 707 times)

TidyKris

Re: Jadakiss Talks Almost Signing With Death Row
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:35 AM »
Didn't that shit go platinum..or at least gold? Pretty sure it was successful for a compilation album

It didnt sell too bad for a westcoast compilation album at that period of time and to say that supposedly Snoop was able to get new Deathrow material black listed
from radio statios etc in that period  (although i dont know how true that is).

It was one of the better Deathrow releases  post Makaveli & Doggfather with the exeption of maybe "Gang Related OST"

It was a pretty good album too...its only really hated on by the Snoop & Dre dick riders because of all the disses 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:24:07 AM by TidyKris »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »
Didn't that shit go platinum..or at least gold? Pretty sure it was successful for a compilation album

It didnt sell too bad for a westcoast compilation album at that period of time and to say that supposedly Snoop was able to get new Deathrow material black listed

It was one of the better Deathrow releases  post Makaveli & Doggfather with the exeption of maybe "Gang Related OST"

It was a pretty good album too...its only really hated on by the Snoop & Dre dick riders because of all the disses 

Pac's thug nature got decent run

Plus people copped it for ja rule ruff riders and scarface guest verses only to hear Pac and Crooked i outshine everyone on that project

TidyKris

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »

Pac's thug nature got decent run

Plus people copped it for ja rule ruff riders and scarface guest verses only to hear Pac and Crooked i outshine everyone on that project

Yeah it wasnt a bad album at all. Quite a good list of apperances too...2Pac, Ja Rule & Murder Inc, The Lox, Crooked I, Treach, Above The Law

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
Didn't diddy fuck them over?

Sean “Diddy” Combs, the founder and CEO of Bad Boy Entertainment, got the opportunity to explain his side of the publishing squabble with The Lox Thursday after the two parties were embroiled in a heated argument on Wednesday, during an interview on New York City’s Hot 97.

After much prodding by radio host Angie Martinez of Hot 97, Diddy revealed that he owns 20-percent of The Lox’s publishing, not the 50-percent that members Styles P and Jadakiss claimed. Still, a representative of the group sent a document countering the Bad Boy mogul’s assertion.

“It’s tragic and it’s embarrassing that they don’t even know the 101’s of the industry.” Diddy told Martinez. ” They don’t even know what’s going on in their own lives.”

Styles P and Jadakiss supposedly went to Hot 97 to promote an upcoming project, but the two Lox members began to express the displeasure of the former contract they had with Sean “Diddy” Combs during their tenure at Bad Boy Entertainment.

“This thing that they portrayed is not right”, Diddy stated, ” I’m willing to turn it around but not on their tactics.”

Although The Lox claim that Diddy has taken millions, Diddy proclaimed that through his 20-percent ownership, he has actually made $400,000.

“They claiming slavery over $1.5 million (which is what he says that they earned at Bad Boy),” Diddy told All Hip-Hop.com, “That ain’t slavery.”

Before the conversation turned heated, Diddy said he extended several offers for The Lox to come up to the Bad Boy offices. “I want them to talk to me face-to-face, stop looking like imbeciles in front of everybody.” Diddy continued, ” Stop (making it) look as if young Black men that can’t handle things, we can meet. This thing that they portrayed is not right.

I’m willing to turn it around, but not [based on] their tactics.”

Diddy, who started Bad Boy Records in 1994, signed The Lox in 1996 and released their debut album Money, Power, Respect in 1997.

“I want to see them or any other artist (try this with another label).” Diddy said, “If it wasn’t Puff who you know personally, looks like you, hangs out with you, drinks with you – would you ask them to just let me out the contract, No. You ain’t gonna call Sony with that, because they are not gonna take your call. You not going to call Universal with that, because it’s a contract.”

The Lox who signed to Ruff Ryders after a “Free The Lox” campaign to get out of what they stated was a slave-like situation and even mocked on their debut album

on Ruff Ryder Records.

“I would have signed that deal”, Diddy stated referring to the initial contract with Bad Boy, “But also to keep it real, I would have been so on my business that I would have been at that office trying to make the deal better. Don’t feel sorry for people that are lazy and then blame it on the other person. They are not on top of their business, but they need to get on top of it. Forget the beef, the talking reckless Sit down, and handle it. Before you even meet with me, sit down with your accountant for three hours and go over your life. Manage your life, sit at home by yourself and read your contract word for word. There are books that I have for them [like] Publishing 101.”

Although Diddy states that he is more than willing to discuss business with his former artists, he doesn’t agree with how they voiced their displeasure.

“This isn’t gangsta. This isn’t even manly. This is borderline funny-style. When you got a situation, you handle it man to man. Angie can’t help the situation, New York can’t help it. You gotta help yourself. You come and see me so I can teach you. I think you gonna thank me. I invested in and I believed in you. You believed in me and I believed in y’all. (If you have problems with me), call me. Don’t make a mixtape, you call me because I don’t play those games.”

After the heated and very public argument that ensued on Hot 97 airwaves, Diddy states there is no beef.

“I have no problem with The Lox. I am definitely grateful with the time I had with them. I can only get worked up over real beef and this ain’t beef.”

Incidentally, The Notorious B.I.G.’s mother called the radio to offer some words to Lil’ Cease who called Hot 97 and complained that Diddy retained the late rapper’s publishing. Wallace said he should mind his “business” and that she was working closely with Diddy on the upcomingBiggie Duets album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
I remember all of those Hot 97 interviews.  When Biggie's mom called in, I remember her straight up saying "Cease doesn't know what he's talking about," while saying that she was very happy with how Puff was handling Biggie's affairs and paying her for his work.  She also basically shut Lil Kim down... Lil Kim was pissed at her portrayal in the Biggie movie, but Biggie's mom was saying that the movie "wasn't about her."

TidyKris

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 03:44:40 AM »
I remember all of those Hot 97 interviews.  When Biggie's mom called in, I remember her straight up saying "Cease doesn't know what he's talking about," while saying that she was very happy with how Puff was handling Biggie's affairs and paying her for his work.  She also basically shut Lil Kim down... Lil Kim was pissed at her portrayal in the Biggie movie, but Biggie's mom was saying that the movie "wasn't about her."

I dont agree with Biggies mom over that...she shouldnt be saying that to Lil Kim about being pissed at her potrayal just because the movie
"isnt about her".

Im not really a Kim fan but i can see why she was pissed off about how she was portrayed...its a bullshit thing to say "its not about her" so she should be cool with it.
That movie was total bullshit anyway...made everybody look like cunts and made Biggie look like a saint 

mrfranklin

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »
Jada and Dr Dre beats woulve been monumental