Author Topic: 'Straight Outta Compton' Named Best Film of 2015 by African-American Film Critic  (Read 591 times)

OmegaRed

'Straight Outta Compton' Named Best Film of 2015 by African-American Film Critics Association

The (mostly) good news for Straight Outta Compton just keeps coming. The blockbuster N.W.A. biopic just landed the Best Picture distinction from the African-American Film Critics Association (AAFCA), reports Variety. Straight Outta Compton also nabbed AAFCA awards for Best Ensemble Cast and Best Supporting Actor, for Jason Mitchell’s portrayal of the legendary Eazy-E.

Shortly after its release inspired immediate and widespread critical acclaim, the buzz surrounding F. Gary Gray and company's Oscar chances started to gain profound traction. Universal, according to THR, have remained "bullish" about the film's award prospects. Twitter, thankfully, swiftly agreed with that buzz and added some more of its own.

Other notable AAFCA award recipients include Spike Lee's divisive Chi-Raq, the confirmed thirst trap (for science) The Martian, Michael B. Jordan and director Ryan Coogler for Creed, and the fittingly titled Dope. Peep the AAFCA's Top 10 Films of 2015, in "order of distinction," below:

1. Straight Outta Compton

2. Creed

3. Mad Max: Fury Road

4. Beasts of No Nation

5. The Martian

6. 3-1/2 Minutes / Dope

7. Chi-Raq

8. Carol

9. The Big Short

10. The Danish Girl

The awards will be presented during a ceremony in Hollywood in February.
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

Sccit

dope

DRGNBLZN

My favorite movie this year along with Mad Max. Not because of the subject either.

I still want to see Creed, Beasts Of No Nation, and Chi-Raq.

Sccit

Southpaw might be the best movie of the year tho tbh

SuperSpider

Mad Max was ridiculously good...certainly best movie I've seen this year

Blasphemy

• 'G'

Mad Max for me but Southpaw was the shit.

Sccit

Didn't see mad max, sounds like I missed out

Blasphemy

• 'G'

Didn't see mad max, sounds like I missed out
omg you didn't see it??? Dude like the bulk of what you see in the screen is all fucking real, from the fire coming out the guitar, to all the vehicles working legitimate. CGI was very limited, all the stunts you see was real. Omg dude that fucking movie is a fucking miracle. Nothing ever comes out of development hell remotely good, let a lone something so fucking great. Mad Max Fury Road is on Terminator 2 Status.

Sccit

damn