Author Topic: Oxford & Cambridge  (Read 345 times)

Agua

Oxford & Cambridge
« on: April 17, 2003, 09:30:32 AM »
How much are the studying fees?

bez

Re:Oxford & Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 09:37:55 AM »
I aint got a clue but I will say VERY EXPENSIVE.  

Find a smaller pic dude

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 05:38:05 PM »
How much are the studying fees?

lol no diss but i find it funny how most europeans choose to make simple words into more elaborate phrases.....no diss but it'd sound better if you said "how much is tuition", you make it sound like your paying to go hang in the library , like it's parking or something

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 05:41:17 PM »
I aint got a clue but I will say VERY EXPENSIVE.  

Find a smaller pic dude

yeah i'm sure it's way way up  there, but my cousin went to princeton and he couldn't really afford it either, and he somehow got the gov't to pay half and he got a loan to pay the other half, all he had to do was proove he was an outstanding student by giving his grades, school involvement , writing a few essays , ect. i'm sure if you want to go there THAT bad there are a few programs out there in the UK to get there

Agua

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 05:53:20 PM »

lol no diss but i find it funny how most europeans choose to make simple words into more elaborate phrases.....no diss but it'd sound better if you said "how much is tuition", you make it sound like your paying to go hang in the library , like it's parking or something

you're right, but it's not my fault. blame it on my english lecturers.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »
wasn't making it out to be your fault it's almost ....ehhhh "cute" how say for example british people would say  "hey man can i get some ketchup on that please" it'd be all " pardon me my dear sir, but could you please exude some more tomato paste upon my platter, it would relish my delights if you did so. " LOL

Agua

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 06:08:10 PM »
wasn't making it out to be your fault it's almost ....ehhhh "cute" how say for example british people would say  "hey man can i get some ketchup on that please" it'd be all " pardon me my dear sir, but could you please exude some more tomato paste upon my platter, it would relish my delights if you did so. " LOL

ironically, our lecturers taught us how to act and talk within the framework of university, but when it comes to situations in everyday life we're almost unable to communicate with other people, ie native speakers.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2003, 04:49:27 AM »

Yeah Jake we all speak like that here.  Ask any poster from England that's what we speak like.  That's just what Bez does at the dinner table.

I'm sure you go around speaking like "Ese, lets hit the Taco Bell homes"

BTW University at Oxford and Cambridge isn't anywhere near as exoensive as the Ivy League.  That's if you are English and go there.  The government can help you out.

But they're all posh rugger tossers.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2003, 05:53:28 AM »
tutition fees for british citizens will be 1100pounds/year for any british uni unless those top up fees come into play where they'd be able to charge whateva they like.

for foreign students fees are alot more not sure the deal if its an eu citizen tho

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

bez

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 07:24:37 AM »

Yeah Jake we all speak like that here.  Ask any poster from England that's what we speak like.  That's just what Bez does at the dinner table.

I'm sure you go around speaking like "Ese, lets hit the Taco Bell homes"

BTW University at Oxford and Cambridge isn't anywhere near as exoensive as the Ivy League.  That's if you are English and go there.  The government can help you out.

But they're all posh rugger tossers.

This look like a 7eleven to use essa.  huh?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 09:11:31 AM »
"You ever had your shit pushed back homes?"

Name that film

Kaidy

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 09:47:02 AM »
^Blood In Blood Out? Maybe

Anyway if you want to get into Ox-bridge you usually have to come from a really good social position. I know a couple of very smart, quite well-off people who didn't pass their interviews. Obviously they're not allowed to say 'you're too much of a gippo chipstick to come here' anymore, but its still highly selective.

Oh yea, LMAO at Jake's worldview, where not only are all English people exactly alike, but now all Europeans too. Funny, or should I say, I'm finding this short-sighted view of the earth and its population to be highly humorous. Dick.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 09:52:16 AM by Kaidy »

bez

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 09:48:48 AM »
"You ever had your shit pushed back homes?"

Name that film

next friday?

Agua

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 10:55:48 AM »
Anyway if you want to get into Ox-bridge you usually have to come from a really good social position. I know a couple of very smart, quite well-off people who didn't pass their interviews. Obviously they're not allowed to say 'you're too much of a gippo chipstick to come here' anymore, but its still highly selective.

thanks for the info.