Author Topic: Most slept on emcees? John Forte... been sleepin since 98' on this dude  (Read 87 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I used to think this cat was soft, or that he was just some friend of Wyclef's that Wyclef was putting on... shows how ignorant I was back in 98' to a lot of happenings out on the East Coast... then even after I opened up to more conscious artists this dude still flew below the radar.... it's ironic that I considered him to soft but yet this cat is realer than most rap artists, he legit got locked up for slangin some serious cocaine, and even received a presidential pardon that's shit rappers rap about but to him it actually happened....

I'd been bumpin his track "Harmonize" for some time, and I used to read some of his writings from prison.  But still I didn't take the time to check out his stuff.  His album from 98' was seriously slept on, tracks like the title track, "Poly Sci" are great songs... he's very talented, mixing elements of soul, R&B in his music, but dude can straight up spit... he can hold down a mic with the best of them, his shit was actually hard back in the day, and realer than most... he's a complete emcee and it's just too bad I didn't realize it until now.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:43:16 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)