Author Topic: Sylvester Stallone Says He's Done With 'Rambo,' Isn't Keen On Developing TV Show  (Read 334 times)

OmegaRed

For a while now, Hollywood has been tossing around ideas for "Rambo V," with one pitch apparently taking a "No Country For Old Men"-esque vibe. And then last month, word popped up that Fox was developing a TV series based on the mercenary/headband-enthusiast. However, while he's eagerly revived Rocky Balboa, and is looking for more, Sylvester Stallone says his days of sweating it out in the jungle are over. He's done with the character, and as he tells Variety, the 2008 film is where it stops for him.

“You know when you realize there’s nothing more to pull out?” Stallone said. “As an action film, I was very satisfied that it dealt with the Burmese situation. It had one foot in a current event, the longest civil war in history, 65 years at that time. It was so brutal, which civil war is, I was shocked they even gave me an R-rating. I didn’t want to compromise. I said, ‘This is probably going to be the last decent film of this genre that I’m going to do as a solo act.’ When that was accomplished, I never felt the same willingness to do it again.”

So yes, he's done, and while he's to "leave it somebody else," he's a bit wary about the TV show that's in the works.

“I don’t want to cast aspersions, but it’s delicate to try to replace a character with his son. I’ve seen the son of Flicka, the son of Tarzan, the son of King Kong, the son of Godzilla. It’s a very difficult premise,” he stated, perhaps forgetting that "Creed" is essentially Son of Apollo, no?

So, we'll have to see what actor along next in the inevitable reboot to become the ex-Green Beret who finds himself on the wrong side of the law.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/sylvester-stallone-says-hes-done-with-rambo-isnt-keen-on-developing-tv-series-20160106
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This really sucks. I love the last Rambo movie, even bought the DVD just for the hell of it. I hope he will change his mind some day. It is never too late with Stallone. He could pull another one off at 75.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin