Author Topic: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"  (Read 4424 times)

Sccit

Re: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »
^You are doing what the industry does, downplays actually making music. So what if they use fruity loops? I do, didn't you want to do business with me? I'm tired of these gatekeepers who starving artist have to go to and give them a piece in order to get on. I'm done playing with them.

i got nothing against fruity loops or your beats, dont take it that way.....ive used fruity loops in my day and came up wit magic. but what im sayin is that, what dre does, takes a whole lot more than what your typical beatmaker does. bottom line.

if dre took one of your beats and produced it, you'd hear the difference and never want to make beats again, because only then will you understand that you never even came close to realizing the potential of your music........thats just what a production genius can do.

JonnyTanna

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »
I've had a similar issue myself when session musicians confuse themselves for producers. As stated above Dre can't have continued his success if he was a hack. Daz's career status speaks volumes about who did what

123imagee

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 12:12:09 AM »
DRE IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND IT ALL...WITHOUT DRE, THE PRODUCT WOULDNT BE A TENTH AS GOOD. DRE IS THE EPITOME OF A TRUE PRODUCER. HE SITS WIT THE ARTISTS FROM INCEPTION TO COMPLETION, AND PAYS VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, GUIDING THEM THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. THAT IS WHAT A PRODUCER SHOULD BE, AND SADLY, MOST PRODUCERS IN HIP-HOP NOWADAYS DONT HAVE THIS SKILL...THE ONLY SKILL THEY HAVE IS PRESSING BUTTONS ON FRUITY LOOPS

Nice How You Repeat What Snoop Said About Dre As He Went To Be All Up In Dre´s Ass Brownnosing Like A Fuckin Bitch, After He Dissed Him And Cut His Ties With Him (Between "Tha Doggfather" & "No Limit Top Dogg")

jaytee

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 04:20:11 AM »
Gone from Compton is probably a good example of what Dre did/does to tracks.   

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YrDGchRR33o" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YrDGchRR33o</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xNXz_jId42Q?t=1m36s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xNXz_jId42Q?t=1m36s</a>

D.R.U.G.S Beats gets equal billing for the production in the album credits, but it's really easy to hear the difference after Dre got his hands on D.R.U.G.S.' idea (i.e. the Wings sample).

I often read/hear that Dre only makes some minor tweaks here and there or added a hat and then steals all of the credit.  Coming up with the primary melody/tune is very important, but the more important thing is how the final product is delivered.  Chopping up vegetables and boiling some noodles doesn't make you a chef if you need someone else to season it to make it kick. 

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 04:47:50 AM »
not these niggaz threads again... :(

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YrDGchRR33o" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YrDGchRR33o</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xNXz_jId42Q?t=1m36s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xNXz_jId42Q?t=1m36s</a>

D.R.U.G.S Beats gets equal billing for the production in the album credits, but it's really easy to hear the difference after Dre got his hands on D.R.U.G.S.' idea (i.e. the Wings sample).

I often read/hear that Dre only makes some minor tweaks here and there or added a hat and then steals all of the credit.  Coming up with the primary melody/tune is very important, but the more important thing is how the final product is delivered.  Chopping up vegetables and boiling some noodles doesn't make you a chef if you need someone else to season it to make it kick. 

every1 who claims dre steals beats needs to hear these

abusive

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »
^You are doing what the industry does, downplays actually making music. So what if they use fruity loops? I do, didn't you want to do business with me? I'm tired of these gatekeepers who starving artist have to go to and give them a piece in order to get on. I'm done playing with them.

i got nothing against fruity loops or your beats, dont take it that way.....ive used fruity loops in my day and came up wit magic. but what im sayin is that, what dre does, takes a whole lot more than what your typical beatmaker does. bottom line.

if dre took one of your beats and produced it, you'd hear the difference and never want to make beats again, because only then will you understand that you never even came close to realizing the potential of your music........thats just what a production genius can do.
You can say that about anyone though. Anyone can take someone's beats and make changes to it and do something that the person who made it wasn't thinking about. That's why people often work in pairs and in groups. If the beat is a hit from the gate then it's a hit. This is the order of importance of a song and anyone in the business with tell you the same. Beat, Hook and then vocals. To say that someone is 'just a beat maker' is a lie of the industry designed to prop up 'super producers' and put them in a place to reign over others.

Also, I don't know if you think I'm trying to take anything away from Dre I'm not. All I'm saying is that most fans think he made the beats to alot of tracks where he actually just did what you said above. I even thought he made the beat to Still Dre until a few months ago when Scott Storch did a interview and took credit for it. People think the same about everything that came out on Death Row, that Dre did all the beats. Even Yella was doing alot to help with the beats back at Ruthless I'm just now finding out because he did promo for the movie.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

abusive

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »

Then maybe there is some truth to it? Also you are getting off topic here just a bit. No one is disputing that Dre changes beats. The question here is what beats did he actually make at DR.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »
lol, People need to just let it go, Dre is a Legendary Producer end of!

All these
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
not these niggaz threads again... :(

;D Nicely done.

That before and after with the Wings sample just proves the point. Dre is a producers producer, he may not come up with the skeleton all the time but he'll put meat on its bones and dress it finery that others couldn't even envision when it was a bag of bones as he exists in that zone that sees the end product first and then works backwards toward creating his vision, coaxing his artists to perform a certain way and finding the right sounds, arrangement and instrument.

Still think Compton is wack and below his standards though :p
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:23:23 PM by eyeball »

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »

You can say that about anyone though. Anyone can take someone's beats and make changes to it and do something that the person who made it wasn't thinking about. That's why people often work in pairs and in groups. If the beat is a hit from the gate then it's a hit. This is the order of importance of a song and anyone in the business with tell you the same. Beat, Hook and then vocals. To say that someone is 'just a beat maker' is a lie of the industry designed to prop up 'super producers' and put them in a place to reign over others.

Also, I don't know if you think I'm trying to take anything away from Dre I'm not. All I'm saying is that most fans think he made the beats to alot of tracks where he actually just did what you said above. I even thought he made the beat to Still Dre until a few months ago when Scott Storch did a interview and took credit for it. People think the same about everything that came out on Death Row, that Dre did all the beats. Even Yella was doing alot to help with the beats back at Ruthless I'm just now finding out because he did promo for the movie.

bruh, i dont think u get what dre does...he doesnt just take a beat and makes a few minor adjustments. he recreates the entire beat to where he's 90% responsible for the final sound, where as the person who came up wit the beat idea is about 10% responsible. see the example above, you can hear it better than i can tell you.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »
I honestly believe people are just trying to take Credit for Dres work because everyone back then has forgotten what really happen, trying to rewrite history. I'm not saying Dr. Dre doesn't get additional input, but the final product is what he approves of, regardless of it being a loop, a horn, lyrics, nothing stays on that track without his approval.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
Apparently Dre is doing something right, because when his name is attached it comes out fire, and then when he leaves the building guys like Daz, Mel-Man, Yella, Sam Sneed, J-Flexx and whoever else suddenly just ain't making shit bang like it did before.

Look no further than Daz's career since leaving Death Row compared to Dre's career since leaving Death Row.   Who is honestly going to believe it was Daz that was the true genius?  I mean, I love Daz and consider him a legend, but Daz owes a lot to Dre.

yella was still a beast after dre left ruthless tbh bro.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

abusive

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »
I honestly believe people are just trying to take Credit for Dres work because everyone back then has forgotten what really happen, trying to rewrite history. I'm not saying Dr. Dre doesn't get additional input, but the final product is what he approves of, regardless of it being a loop, a horn, lyrics, nothing stays on that track without his approval.
How so when it's common knowledge that he wasn't do that much work during the period n question, Daz and others have said that they gave Dre credit for their work and Dre has always had help? I look at Dre production as a brand. He make get the creid but chances are it's a team of people helping to craft the sound. Again before I get attacked, that not taking anything away from him. There's nothing wrong with it.

bruh, i dont think u get what dre does...he doesnt just take a beat and makes a few minor adjustments. he recreates the entire beat to where he's 90% responsible for the final sound, where as the person who came up wit the beat idea is about 10% responsible. see the example above, you can hear it better than i can tell you.
That doesn't mean that he puts that much work into every track he gets.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MCsKiDtsEAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MCsKiDtsEAQ</a>
11:25 mark on
and then
14:20 mark on

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »
How so when it's common knowledge that he wasn't do that much work during the period n question, Daz and others have said that they gave Dre credit for their work and Dre has always had help? I look at Dre production as a brand. He make get the creid but chances are it's a team of people helping to craft the sound. Again before I get attacked, that not taking anything away from him. There's nothing wrong with it.

That doesn't mean that he puts that much work into every track he gets.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MCsKiDtsEAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MCsKiDtsEAQ</a>
11:25 mark on
and then
14:20 mark on

He played the keys on the track, exactly my point .. Session player, not producer. We know what a Scott storch beat sounds like witout Dre n it's not even close.