Author Topic: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"  (Read 4427 times)

abusive

Re: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
^I think what Suge was talking about was making the beats that would be used for the songs, not producing the songs.

blablabla "beatmakin ainīt producinī" ... dre is jus bossn around while others work hard.. donīt get me started listing buncha people who worked wit dre n never got what they deserved (credit on paper or the money).
If some cat from the Swan made a beat then he produced the beat. If Dre got the beat and did his thing with it along with adding the artist to it, then Dre produced the song. What's so hard to understand about that? If you have a list then post it, that's what this thread is about.  ::)
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »
^I think what Suge was talking about was making the beats that would be used for the songs, not producing the songs.

blablabla "beatmakin ainīt producinī" ... dre is jus bossn around while others work hard.. donīt get me started listing buncha people who worked wit dre n never got what they deserved (credit on paper or the money).
If some cat from the Swan made a beat then he produced the beat. If Dre got the beat and did his thing with it along with adding the artist to it, then Dre produced the song. What's so hard to understand about that? If you have a list then post it, that's what this thread is about.  ::)

If you made a beat and it was reconstructed to the point where it barely sounds anything like it originally did, then you didn't really produce the beat, u just provided a foundation to work with. Laying a foundation is the easy part .. For instance, I can fuck a random girl and 9 months later a baby will pop out. Now, the real job is in raising the kid and molding him into who he will become. Bottom line, Dre exerts a majority of the energy into any production he's involved with. The perks of being a perfectionist producer.

abusive

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »

If some cat from the Swan made a beat then he produced the beat. If Dre got the beat and did his thing with it along with adding the artist to it, then Dre produced the song. What's so hard to understand about that? If you have a list then post it, that's what this thread is about.  ::)

If you made a beat and it was reconstructed to the point where it barely sounds anything like it originally did, then you didn't really produce the beat, u just provided a foundation to work with. Laying a foundation is the easy part .. For instance, I can fuck a random girl and 9 months later a baby will pop out. Now, the real job is in raising the kid and molding him into who he will become. Bottom line, Dre exerts a majority of the energy into any production he's involved with. The perks of being a perfectionist producer.
You just want Dre to have all of the production credit. The irony.  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

You just want Dre to have all of the production credit. The irony.  ;D

I don't get it?

abusive

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2016, 11:42:12 AM »
I know bro. Hence three pages of back and forths.  ;)

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »

Werent u just cryin about personal insults?? I mean I don't get what you're tryin to say wit that last post. Elaborate.

abusive

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »

Werent u just cryin about personal insults?? I mean I don't get what you're tryin to say wit that last post. Elaborate.
*sigh*

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 06:01:24 PM »
Scary ficcaz

abusive

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
Scared to type text? lol Nah, you already invalidated your own points. Maybe someone will explain it to you since you don't get it but I'm done with you and this thread.

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
I invalidated my own points? Now you jus sound bitter over the FACTS I've presented. Nothin more nothin less.

abusive

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Because you said that someone who makes a beat and gives it to Dre doesn't deserve production credit while at the same time arguing that Dre doesn't take production credit from people. But if someone gives Dre a beat and he doesn't give you production credit, not matter how much the track is altered, then that's exactly what he's doing. /Thread

lol You're so busy arguing trying to defend your idol that you obviously didn't realize that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth  at the same damn time. Matter of fact I don't think you even fully comprehend what's being discussed here. Anyway, no, nothing's wrong with me, I'm not scary or biter. You're just wrong!  ;D Remember that when you go back and forth with me it's always chess not checkers and it's never personal. ;)

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Because you said that someone who makes a beat and gives it to Dre doesn't deserve production credit while at the same time arguing that Dre doesn't take production credit from people. But if someone gives Dre a beat and he doesn't give you production credit, not matter how much the track is altered, then that's exactly what he's doing. /Thread

lol You're so busy arguing trying to defend your idol that you obviously didn't realize that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth  at the same damn time. Matter of fact I don't think you even fully comprehend what's being discussed here. Anyway, no, nothing's wrong with me, I'm not scary or biter. You're just wrong!  ;D Remember that when you go back and forth with me it's always chess not checkers and it's never personal. ;)

I never said they don't deserve credit, they deserve partial credit .. What I said is that Dre deserves a majority of the credit. Like for 2001, Mel-Man got co-production credit on the entire album, and I felt like that was fair .. If u guna sit here n debate, at leas debate what I'm actually arguin and not some made up shit..my position hasn't changed once, while u over here goin in circles, quoting suge knight interviews and all that to support your side..smfh. Come correct or fall back bro.

abusive

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2016, 02:44:05 AM »
 Up until this point all you have said is that Dre is the producer they just made the beat, this person is lying, laying a foundation is the easy part, Dre is the mastermind, he comes up with magic, we don't get what dre does, he's the session player not the producer etc. Now after three pages you are saying what I have been saying all along, something you never once said until now and that's they deserve credit. 'I never said they don't deserve credit' That's basically what you've been arguing for the past three pages in various ways. Scott Storch doesn't deserve production credit because he just played the keys? Even though the keys not only go into the production but is a major part of the production? Don't act like I moved the goal post here, you did. My arguments have been consistent throughout this thread. Quoting Suge, posting the Storch video giving examples etc. is better than romantic notions of Dre sitting in the studio waving a magic wand turning rocks into gold.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0</a>

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:01 AM »
You can easily tell the difference between something that was Dre + Storch compared to just Storch alone as the man only knows how to play keys and his tracks only have that lead melody with none of the other sprinkles that Dre provides plus they have nowhere near the fidelity and fatness/polish that you associate with the good doctor.

Case in point, when Storch was capitalizing off the heat generated by 2001 he dropped a gang of tunes and now all these years later not one of them (or, dare I say, all of them combined) have anywhere near the replay value of his work on Still D.R.E.

As I've mentioned earlier, Dre seems to stumble with inspiration sometimes but when someone brings him a half baked joint he sure knows exactly what was missing and has a complete vision of how to turn that scrap into the best possible version of itself as that Compton joint linked earlier proves.

Show me one track by any one of Dres collaborators that they made solo that is on par with a production where he's at the helm - it also must have that unique freshness that Dre brings to the table and no tired rehashing.

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2016, 05:00:39 PM »
Up until this point all you have said is that Dre is the producer they just made the beat, this person is lying, laying a foundation is the easy part, Dre is the mastermind, he comes up with magic, we don't get what dre does, he's the session player not the producer etc. Now after three pages you are saying what I have been saying all along, something you never once said until now and that's they deserve credit. 'I never said they don't deserve credit' That's basically what you've been arguing for the past three pages in various ways. Scott Storch doesn't deserve production credit because he just played the keys? Even though the keys not only go into the production but is a major part of the production? Don't act like I moved the goal post here, you did. My arguments have been consistent throughout this thread. Quoting Suge, posting the Storch video giving examples etc. is better than romantic notions of Dre sitting in the studio waving a magic wand turning rocks into gold.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0</a>

The fundamental flaw in your argument is where u claim that because storch played the keys that he automatically deserves majority production credit. This is a common misconception that you and many Dre doubters consistently make. That's where my argument is at, because what Dre does goes far beyond that, and it's not a secret at all, because through producing music, I've come to find out just how important the final say in what bumps how and how it goes where is. But nothing I say will bring you to an understanding of dre's genius, so we can jus leave it at that or keep goin in circles.