Author Topic: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"  (Read 4421 times)

abusive

Re: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
You can easily tell the difference between something that was Dre + Storch compared to just Storch alone as the man only knows how to play keys and his tracks only have that lead melody with none of the other sprinkles that Dre provides plus they have nowhere near the fidelity and fatness/polish that you associate with the good doctor.

Case in point, when Storch was capitalizing off the heat generated by 2001 he dropped a gang of tunes and now all these years later not one of them (or, dare I say, all of them combined) have anywhere near the replay value of his work on Still D.R.E.

As I've mentioned earlier, Dre seems to stumble with inspiration sometimes but when someone brings him a half baked joint he sure knows exactly what was missing and has a complete vision of how to turn that scrap into the best possible version of itself as that Compton joint linked earlier proves.

Show me one track by any one of Dres collaborators that they made solo that is on par with a production where he's at the helm - it also must have that unique freshness that Dre brings to the table and no tired rehashing.
Cool story bro! This thread is about production credits though. Nothing more or less.
============================================
Up until this point all you have said is that Dre is the producer they just made the beat, this person is lying, laying a foundation is the easy part, Dre is the mastermind, he comes up with magic, we don't get what dre does, he's the session player not the producer etc. Now after three pages you are saying what I have been saying all along, something you never once said until now and that's they deserve credit. 'I never said they don't deserve credit' That's basically what you've been arguing for the past three pages in various ways. Scott Storch doesn't deserve production credit because he just played the keys? Even though the keys not only go into the production but is a major part of the production? Don't act like I moved the goal post here, you did. My arguments have been consistent throughout this thread. Quoting Suge, posting the Storch video giving examples etc. is better than romantic notions of Dre sitting in the studio waving a magic wand turning rocks into gold.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0</a>

The fundamental flaw in your argument is where u claim that because storch played the keys that he automatically deserves majority production credit. This is a common misconception that you and many Dre doubters consistently make. That's where my argument is at, because what Dre does goes far beyond that, and it's not a secret at all, because through producing music, I've come to find out just how important the final say in what bumps how and how it goes where is. But nothing I say will bring you to an understanding of dre's genius, so we can jus leave it at that or keep goin in circles.
You put your Freddy mask on trying to save face. My argument is that Scott played the keys so he should get credit for that. Not one time in this thread have I stated anything about majority of the production credit. That partial/majority argument is something you came up with. You FINALLY said that people should get credit which is what I have been saying from the get go. We are only going in circles because you refuse to let it go.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
You can easily tell the difference between something that was Dre + Storch compared to just Storch alone as the man only knows how to play keys and his tracks only have that lead melody with none of the other sprinkles that Dre provides plus they have nowhere near the fidelity and fatness/polish that you associate with the good doctor.

Case in point, when Storch was capitalizing off the heat generated by 2001 he dropped a gang of tunes and now all these years later not one of them (or, dare I say, all of them combined) have anywhere near the replay value of his work on Still D.R.E.

As I've mentioned earlier, Dre seems to stumble with inspiration sometimes but when someone brings him a half baked joint he sure knows exactly what was missing and has a complete vision of how to turn that scrap into the best possible version of itself as that Compton joint linked earlier proves.

Show me one track by any one of Dres collaborators that they made solo that is on par with a production where he's at the helm - it also must have that unique freshness that Dre brings to the table and no tired rehashing.
Cool story bro! This thread is about production credits though. Nothing more or less.
Up until this point all you have said is that Dre is the producer they just made the beat, this person is lying, laying a foundation is the easy part, Dre is the mastermind, he comes up with magic, we don't get what dre does, he's the session player not the producer etc. Now after three pages you are saying what I have been saying all along, something you never once said until now and that's they deserve credit. 'I never said they don't deserve credit' That's basically what you've been arguing for the past three pages in various ways. Scott Storch doesn't deserve production credit because he just played the keys? Even though the keys not only go into the production but is a major part of the production? Don't act like I moved the goal post here, you did. My arguments have been consistent throughout this thread. Quoting Suge, posting the Storch video giving examples etc. is better than romantic notions of Dre sitting in the studio waving a magic wand turning rocks into gold.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlSgWRJAAlg</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/43xMOLjskK0</a>

The fundamental flaw in your argument is where u claim that because storch played the keys that he automatically deserves majority production credit. This is a common misconception that you and many Dre doubters consistently make. That's where my argument is at, because what Dre does goes far beyond that, and it's not a secret at all, because through producing music, I've come to find out just how important the final say in what bumps how and how it goes where is. But nothing I say will bring you to an understanding of dre's genius, so we can jus leave it at that or keep goin in circles.
You put your Freddy mask on trying to save face. My argument is that Scott played the keys so he should get credit for that. Not one time in this thread have I stated anything about majority of the production credit. That partial/majority argument is something you came up with. You FINALLY said that people should get credit which is what I have been saying from the get go. We are only going in circles because you refuse to let it go.

lol funny how u were cryin about "personal insults", and u musta made like 10 since then...u mad? be honest now. no one "savin face". my stance on dre has remained the same for the past decade..if u dont believe me, check the files son. you are overrating what storch does. u said "storch playing the keys is a major part of the production", which is where we disgree...to me, that's a minimal part of the production. storch can be replaced by any session player, and the production will come out just as good, give or take. but u take dre away, and it's a whole nother story...at this point, you just arguin to come out on top, because u even feel like u agree wit me (we don't), but still talkin out the side of your mouth. i see u.

abusive

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2016, 12:54:56 AM »

lol funny how u were cryin about "personal insults", and u musta made like 10 since then...u mad? be honest now. no one "savin face". my stance on dre has remained the same for the past decade..if u dont believe me, check the files son. you are overrating what storch does. u said "storch playing the keys is a major part of the production", which is where we disgree...to me, that's a minimal part of the production. storch can be replaced by any session player, and the production will come out just as good, give or take. but u take dre away, and it's a whole nother story...at this point, you just arguin to come out on top, because u even feel like u agree wit me (we don't), but still talkin out the side of your mouth. i see u.
I thought the saving face thing was clever. Didn't really see it as an insult.

You keep talking about crying. Why would anyone cry over this especially the one who's right? Scott's role is a major part of the song. When you think of the song you think of the keys.

You took that statement and said that I said he deserves a majority of the production credit. That's not what I said or meant. You lost bro just give it up. You agree that artist working with Dre should receive credit, me too. That's all I wanted from you. I tell you what. If you want the last word so bad, go ahead it's yours.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2016, 01:08:13 AM »

I thought the saving face thing was clever. Didn't really see it as an insult.

You keep talking about crying. Why would anyone cry over this especially the one who's right? Scott's role is a major part of the song. When you think of the song you think of the keys.

You took that statement and said that I said he deserves a majority of the production credit. That's not what I said or meant. You lost bro just give it up. You agree that artist working with Dre should receive credit, me too. That's all I wanted from you. I tell you what. If you want the last word so bad, go ahead it's yours.

no, not any and every artist who works with him should get production credit. for instance, storch on still dre would get credit as a session player, not co-producer. but once again, you've exposed the fact that this is nothin more than a "who gets the last word" contest for you.

abusive

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
The music industries idea of a producer and the fans are two different things. Fans think that the person who made the beat is a producer but in the music industry it has more to do with who helped create the entire song, beat and lyrics combined. They have demoted the people who actually make the music as just 'beat makers' and have crowned themselves as 'producers'. Who do you think gets the bulk share of the money? Someone told me years ago that The Alchemist aired out Em+Dre by saying that they were getting other people beats, making some changes here and there and then they would take production credit. The fans see the credits and think that they made the beats when really they didn't.

Suge said that they would take artist demos that they would submit and make it their own and said that he got the idea from Eazy-E. Warren G got the samples for the chronic for Dre. Dre has people playing live instruments and what not as well. How much of the much do you think these super producers actually make themselves? Dre has a unique sound especially back then. You should be able to tell which beats are his and know that he may have help produce (using the industries definition) but didn't make the actual music or at the very least just helped to make the music.

DRE IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND IT ALL...WITHOUT DRE, THE PRODUCT WOULDNT BE A TENTH AS GOOD. DRE IS THE EPITOME OF A TRUE PRODUCER. HE SITS WIT THE ARTISTS FROM INCEPTION TO COMPLETION, AND PAYS VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, GUIDING THEM THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. THAT IS WHAT A PRODUCER SHOULD BE, AND SADLY, MOST PRODUCERS IN HIP-HOP NOWADAYS DONT HAVE THIS SKILL...THE ONLY SKILL THEY HAVE IS PRESSING BUTTONS ON FRUITY LOOPS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21g7YQzCUU&feature=youtu.be&t=92
I know you aint think I forgot!  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
The music industries idea of a producer and the fans are two different things. Fans think that the person who made the beat is a producer but in the music industry it has more to do with who helped create the entire song, beat and lyrics combined. They have demoted the people who actually make the music as just 'beat makers' and have crowned themselves as 'producers'. Who do you think gets the bulk share of the money? Someone told me years ago that The Alchemist aired out Em+Dre by saying that they were getting other people beats, making some changes here and there and then they would take production credit. The fans see the credits and think that they made the beats when really they didn't.

Suge said that they would take artist demos that they would submit and make it their own and said that he got the idea from Eazy-E. Warren G got the samples for the chronic for Dre. Dre has people playing live instruments and what not as well. How much of the much do you think these super producers actually make themselves? Dre has a unique sound especially back then. You should be able to tell which beats are his and know that he may have help produce (using the industries definition) but didn't make the actual music or at the very least just helped to make the music.

DRE IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND IT ALL...WITHOUT DRE, THE PRODUCT WOULDNT BE A TENTH AS GOOD. DRE IS THE EPITOME OF A TRUE PRODUCER. HE SITS WIT THE ARTISTS FROM INCEPTION TO COMPLETION, AND PAYS VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, GUIDING THEM THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS. THAT IS WHAT A PRODUCER SHOULD BE, AND SADLY, MOST PRODUCERS IN HIP-HOP NOWADAYS DONT HAVE THIS SKILL...THE ONLY SKILL THEY HAVE IS PRESSING BUTTONS ON FRUITY LOOPS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21g7YQzCUU&feature=youtu.be&t=92
I know you aint think I forgot!  ;D

That's cuz dre prolly was guna produce the joint like he did the premo joint

123imagee

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2016, 08:48:43 AM »

Props @Abusive

Emmanuel "Porkchop" Dean Produced "Gin & Juice"

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »

Props @Abusive

he even says dre made the beat, dude jus played the music.....point proven

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »
Dre a.k.a the best hustler in H-H history aha
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Mietek23

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »
- Doggy Dogg World demo made by Daz.

Now go and play the finished product put by Dre and hear the difference.

abusive

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2016, 12:40:16 PM »

Props @Abusive

I don't get your point because when the tables are tuned Dre is the producer but when someone else does the beat they are just a beatmaker.

Sccit -
"If you made a beat and it was reconstructed to the point where it barely sounds anything like it originally did, then you didn't really produce the beat, u just provided a foundation to work with. Laying a foundation is the easy part .."

In the other interview I posted the guy said that Dre doesn't even play any instruments, so again, are the people who do play the producers or not?

abusive

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »

Not trying to be funny but I don't really see your point. The beat just sounds unmixed and mastered. Still the same beat. You can get a beat mixed and mastered for a few dollars a million places and the person doing it isn't entitled to a lifetime of royalties.

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2016, 02:08:46 PM »

Not trying to be funny but I don't really see your point. The beat just sounds unmixed and mastered. Still the same beat. You can get a beat mixed and mastered for a few dollars a million places and the person doing it isn't entitled to a lifetime of royalties.

not trying to be rude, but are you retarded? thats two COMPLETELY different beats. no engineer in the world woulda turned that demo into the current "doggy doggy world" lmao, stop that.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2016, 02:11:06 PM »

Props @Abusive

I don't get your point because when the tables are tuned Dre is the producer but when someone else does the beat they are just a beatmaker.

Sccit -
"If you made a beat and it was reconstructed to the point where it barely sounds anything like it originally did, then you didn't really produce the beat, u just provided a foundation to work with. Laying a foundation is the easy part .."

In the other interview I posted the guy said that Dre doesn't even play any instruments, so again, are the people who do play the producers or not?

i dont get why its so hard for you to understand....the person responsible for the final outcome of the overall sound is the producer. the people who play the instruments are called SESSION PLAYERS.

abusive

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2016, 03:51:27 PM »

Props @Abusive

Sccit -

i dont get why its so hard for you to understand....the person responsible for the final outcome of the overall sound is the producer. the people who play the instruments are called SESSION PLAYERS.
I'm asking you about the people who make the beat, what are they?